HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 21, 2012, 09:17 PM
United States, CA, Signal Hill
Joined Aug 2009
894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danger_mouse View Post
Did you use Beenflying's patched program? If so I had the same issue for some reason on my laptop, but it worked on my DM1 netbook.

John_NZ's software works fine.
no i didn't but i did dl bens file
thank you
wc_wickedclown is offline Find More Posts by wc_wickedclown
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2012, 09:20 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_NZ View Post
When the gyro starts up it just sits there quietly and doesn't output anything (other than some serial noise as the processor takes control of the uart drive).
It can be commanded to output data and I am guessing it is either one of two modes or it is a general command that specifies the memory location and size of interest. Either way, once issued the gyro outputs the data continuously until told to stop.

This is how the poll command to find the gyro works. It is sent a command to make it stream data and then once recognised, it is told to stop streaming.
If you disconnect the PC before the stop command is issued, it will continue to stream data.
Interesting, thank you. I see the Vbar can output vibration information and people are using the bluetooth link with the vbar to get this info in flight.

If these gyros output nothing unless commanded that will be fine, and good info to always disconnect the gyro when on the main screen.

Quote:
I will add a local configuration file to remember the last port used.
Thanks. That will be appreciated.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
New Zealand, Taranaki, New Plymouth
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Thanks Guys, I have confirmed I have distributed an earlier version of a couple of the libraries with my installation. I will fix this up with the next release. My apologies for the crappy looking gauges. Didn't notice until I ran the software from the installation directory as I usually only see it in the development environment.
John_NZ is offline Find More Posts by John_NZ
United States, CA, Signal Hill
Joined Aug 2009
894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
If you display is only 800x600 use John_NZ's app, which has been resized to work at that resolution.
im using 1920 by 1200 res
wc_wickedclown is offline Find More Posts by wc_wickedclown
Old Jan 21, 2012, 09:23 PM
Texas NewB
United States, MD, Princess Anne
Joined Dec 2011
949 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Guys, I have confirmed I have distributed an earlier version of a couple of the libraries with my installation. I will fix this up with the next release. My apologies for the crappy looking gauges. Didn't notice until I ran the software from the installation directory as I usually only see it in the development environment.

dont feel bad I have done this before dealing with web codes as I deal with .php code and don't look at the output allot
Black_heart is online now Find More Posts by Black_heart
Old Jan 21, 2012, 09:23 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wc_wickedclown View Post
im using 1920 by 1200 res
Try reducing your DPI setting.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 09:27 PM
Australia, QLD, Gatton
Joined Jan 2007
946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
If you display is only 800x600 use John_NZ's app, which has been resized to work at that resolution.
My i7 laptop runs dual monitor. 1920x1080 on the laptop screen and 1920x1200 on a 24" monitor. It would always show 2/3 of the program screen and wouldn't maximise. There were sliders to scroll across and up/down the screen but when you tried to drag them the program would crash.

It really didn't concern me as my netbook is what I use in my hobby room. It runs 1366x768 and your program ran fine on it. Both machines run win7 Home Premium 64 bit.
danger_mouse is offline Find More Posts by danger_mouse
Old Jan 21, 2012, 10:09 PM
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Okay, version 1.10 is up (http://fbl.net.nz). Fixes the library version problem in the installation and adds a new feature to remember the last COM port used.
The system setting is stored in a file called fbl.ini, which is stored with the fbl.exe program. On my Win7 installation it requires to have write permissions. I have asked the setup program to assign write permissions for the file for users.
If this doesn't work, it wont tell you, but when you change com ports it will come up with a message saying that it couldn't write to fbl.ini. This is not fatal, you will just have to adjust the file permissions manually.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 10:12 PM
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
My i7 laptop runs dual monitor. 1920x1080 on the laptop screen and 1920x1200 on a 24" monitor. It would always show 2/3 of the program screen and wouldn't maximise. There were sliders to scroll across and up/down the screen but when you tried to drag them the program would crash.

It really didn't concern me as my netbook is what I use in my hobby room. It runs 1366x768 and your program ran fine on it. Both machines run win7 Home Premium 64 bit.
Danger_mouse, are you talking about my program FBL opening up 2/3's across the screen, or the original Tarot software?
Old Jan 21, 2012, 10:15 PM
Australia, QLD, Gatton
Joined Jan 2007
946 Posts
Quote:
Danger_mouse, are you talking about my program FBL opening up 2/3's across the screen, or the original Tarot software?
The original one.
danger_mouse is offline Find More Posts by danger_mouse
Old Jan 21, 2012, 11:36 PM
Joined Jan 2012
333 Posts
Finished the first working cut of the IPad version of the FBL program. My first attempt at programming an ipad with xcode, turned out to be a bit easier than I expected, especially having to learn objective C on the fly.
Still it seems apple have to do things their own way.

Unfortunately this application uses the Redpark serial cable and their API is not approved by Apple and therefore the application will not be approved for distribution via the Apple store

I guess there is a way to distribute it for jail broken ipads. Anyone else know any other ways? The only other way I know of is to add someone to my testing team, but it will only come with a limited certificate.

I haven't targeted the app for an iphone at the moment as I don't have an iphone (its an android) and was more interested in being able to use my ipad to adjust the gyro.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 11:59 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,967 Posts
Quote:

The Tarot app is expecting a DPI setting of 96. If you've increased the Windows font size (which changes the DPI setting) the app will not fit in the frame.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 12:02 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,967 Posts
Quote:
Okay, version 1.10 is up (http://fbl.net.nz). Fixes the library version problem in the installation and adds a new feature to remember the last COM port used.
The system setting is stored in a file called fbl.ini, which is stored with the fbl.exe program. On my Win7 installation it requires to have write permissions. I have asked the setup program to assign write permissions for the file for users.
If this doesn't work, it wont tell you, but when you change com ports it will come up with a message saying that it couldn't write to fbl.ini. This is not fatal, you will just have to adjust the file permissions manually.
That was quick. Sliders look better now. Thanks.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 03:03 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,138 Posts
John,

As ever - top work

Cheers,
Mike
MikeHRC is online now Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Jan 22, 2012, 12:12 PM
United States, RI, Woonsocket
Joined Apr 2010
378 Posts
FBL Program

John,

I have been going thru the program on all of my Gyros and have notice three things. I have all of my gyros rc deadband set for 10 but with new install of FBL program (1.08,1.09,.1.10) they go back to 40 & 60 on the first hookup to computer but after that they will always be 10. All the other settings except in the monitoring screen will always be what they should be when first hooked up to new FBL program.

With every new install of FBL program the sub trims and travel adjustments on monitor screen will be off from 3 to 5 points here and there. It is not off on all of them just a few. This could be my TX (JR X9303) doing this with each new FBL program install.

The other thing is on the tail comp with my ZYX. It is set for -5 to have correct movement but in the box is shows 251 but it did originally show -5 instead of 251. In the ini. file it shows -5. This is the only gyro that has a -5 setting and the only one that will do this. This is with version 1.10. On version 1.09 it showed 251 in ini. file and -5 in box on advance menu. All the other saved ini. files for other gyros show the correct information and will display the correct information when open back up.

Otherwise everything is working great.
IFHELI is offline Find More Posts by IFHELI