SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 27, 2012, 07:21 PM
Enjoying the sunshine
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2011
3,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDw View Post
I might as well ask as there is no harm in aking. Is there any possibility of having a way to record the level of the acc in flight? Having been testing the acc quiet a bit on two different planes it seems to be very hard to get right.
Sort of like an "Attitude hold" switch? Yeah I guess so. Basically you just need to recalibrate the ACC on the fly. Could go badly wrong if you have to suddenly turn during recalibration though

Quote:
I have noticed the pitch sensitivity of the acc is way too much. Is it possible to adjust that seperate from roll? And what exactly does gyro in the under the acc heading on the gui do?
Oh ok, both pitch and roll should have the same deflections but maybe your model is just more sensitive to pitch. Yes, I'll add that to future updates list.
Gyro is the same as normal gyro but it gives you the chance to have a different setting in Autolevel mode.
HappySundays is offline Find More Posts by HappySundays
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:30 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2011
648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappySundays View Post
You need to download and install AVR Studio 4. Then just check out all of the files with an SVN program such as TortoiseSVN and you can load and play with them without any other setup required.
Thanks
BrettAltea is offline Find More Posts by BrettAltea
Old Mar 28, 2012, 03:35 PM
NDw
Ireland, Limerick, Kilmallock
Joined Aug 2010
2,123 Posts
Quote:
Sort of like an "Attitude hold" switch? Yeah I guess so. Basically you just need to recalibrate the ACC on the fly. Could go badly wrong if you have to suddenly turn during recalibration though

Oh ok, both pitch and roll should have the same deflections but maybe your model is just more sensitive to pitch. Yes, I'll add that to future updates list.
Gyro is the same as normal gyro but it gives you the chance to have a different setting in Autolevel mode.
Yep that'd be great if it was possible to set in flight via a switch.

Oh ok. I had switched gyro to 255 yesterday as I thought maybe it increassed deflection. Turned it to 0 today and pitch seems fine again. I've been testing the autolevel with all the gyros set to 0.

After further flight testing today I've got autolevel very close to correct. It is still rolling just a litle to the left.

Imo though it'd be great to have the option of a lot more deflection by the acc. I'd personally like the option of the current max deflection at say a 20 degree bank. Not that I'd like that much deflection on all models, but would like it as an option. As it'd be easy to turn down the gain on models that don't need much deflection.
NDw is offline Find More Posts by NDw
Old Mar 28, 2012, 04:43 PM
What goes up, must come down
United States, MI, Midland
Joined Sep 2009
705 Posts
Ok so im finally to a point where I would like to start testing the KK board for stabilization. i have the new HK KK with the MEGA328P chip. I have been trying to follow this thread as best as possible but its still kinda foreign language to me.

My set up will be when completed:

RangeLink UHF RX PPM>DOSD>KK board>Servos

This will be in the X8 Flying Wing...
so i was wondering, the DOSD says to let it do the mixing for control and not the TX. but the KK Board is like that as well? so do i keep the DOSD in normal config and do the control mixing via KK Board Flying Wing Firmware?

Im using the KKMulticopter Flash Tool 0.53 to flash the KK Board. do i use the atmega 328P (32kB flash) controller and the OpenAero Flying Wing Firmware?

a while ago my buddy and i tried to flash his black board with OpenAero but couldnt seem to get it to work.

Crazy1
crazy1pilot is offline Find More Posts by crazy1pilot
Old Mar 28, 2012, 05:33 PM
Joined Sep 2009
705 Posts
Alright i use the OpenAero_1_11_FW_PWM_STD.hex for standard PWM receivers (Flying Wing) file as the DOSD outputs PWM signal.. now is this Firmware up to date? or are there changes such as the refreshment rate for the servos not to fry them etc..

Crazy1
Old Mar 28, 2012, 06:21 PM
Joined Sep 2009
705 Posts
I have the KK board wired to two servos and the signal imput from the PWM on my Corona. But when I connect power the KK board turns on and the led stays lit but nothing happeneds. I move the stick on the TX but nothing, I move the KK board and nothing.. Am I missing something?

Crazy1
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:42 PM
Enjoying the sunshine
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Feb 2011
3,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy1pilot View Post
I have the KK board wired to two servos and the signal imput from the PWM on my Corona. But when I connect power the KK board turns on and the led stays lit but nothing happeneds. I move the stick on the TX but nothing, I move the KK board and nothing.. Am I missing something?

Crazy1
Hi, you'll need to connect the rudder output of the RX to the KK board even if it is unused. OpenAero uses that to tell when all the signals have competed.
Regarding DOSD, there was another user who tried that but you'll have to explain exactly how the whoe thing is set up. What exactly are you using the DOSD for? A description of how everything plugs together would be helpful too.

There have been a few special case versions updated but V1.11 is the latest official one.
HappySundays is offline Find More Posts by HappySundays
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:00 PM
Joined Sep 2009
705 Posts
Ahhhhh... I will be sure to try that.

As forthe DOSD, I do not have everything hooked up but it is my OSD for my FPV model... I wanted the KK board after it as the DOSD runs off of GPS info and when it gets windy or turbulent I would like the KK board to take most of the hit so the DOSD doesn't get overloaded.

The DOSD uses PPM in from my RangeLink UHF RX and from that switches it to PWM out for servos. I am going to put the PWM into to KK board then from there out to the servos.

And because the KK board is last, I'm assuming I do thawing mixing with it instead of the DOSD.

Thanks for the help!

Crazy1

Quote:
Hi, you'll need to connect the rudder output of the RX to the KK board even if it is unused. OpenAero uses that to tell when all the signals have competed.
Regarding DOSD, there was another user who tried that but you'll have to explain exactly how the whoe thing is set up. What exactly are you using the DOSD for? A description of how everything plugs together would be helpful too.

There have been a few special case versions updated but V1.11 is the latest official one.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:14 PM
Joined Sep 2009
705 Posts
YES! It works now! Thank you happy! You should post that in the first post so people like me can figure it out.

Thanks again

Crazy1
Old Mar 29, 2012, 01:42 PM
Norway, Oslo
Joined Feb 2012
65 Posts
is there anyone who can help me with my usb driver to my kk bord. I have the driver
to usb but it will not install .. pm me if you can help thanks
gazzzz is offline Find More Posts by gazzzz
Old Mar 29, 2012, 01:48 PM
Joined Sep 2009
705 Posts
Did you go to Device manager then find the USB device then select install driver from computer then open the file you downloaded?

Crazy1
Old Mar 29, 2012, 02:18 PM
Norway, Oslo
Joined Feb 2012
65 Posts
Quote:
Did you go to Device manager then find the USB device then select install driver from computer then open the file you downloaded?

Crazy1
yes it is working now.. now I can not choose port in avr studio
gazzzz is offline Find More Posts by gazzzz
Old Mar 29, 2012, 02:24 PM
Joined Sep 2009
705 Posts
All you need is the program from here: http://lazyzero.de/en/modellbau/kkmulticopterflashtool
you can select he V0.60 beta 14 or the V0.53 doesnt matter they both work. this is how you flash the KK Firmware with OpenAero

Crazy1
Old Mar 30, 2012, 10:27 AM
Don't leave it Stock
USA, IL, Round Lake
Joined Feb 2004
2,512 Posts
Quote:
YES! It works now! Thank you happy! You should post that in the first post so people like me can figure it out.

Thanks again

Crazy1
Congrats, are you running this thru the DOSD??. I had attempted this many different ways but always had a nasty twitch on the elevator servo.
mrfliboy is offline Find More Posts by mrfliboy
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:48 AM
Joined Sep 2009
705 Posts
Not just quite yet. I have it "working" but not with the DOSD my next step is to try and get the DOSD to work with it we will see how that goes. I will report what happeneds

Crazy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfliboy View Post
Congrats, are you running this thru the DOSD??. I had attempted this many different ways but always had a nasty twitch on the elevator servo.