HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by TexasThermalKing, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 05, 2012, 04:25 PM
Angleton, Texas
Joined Mar 2007
304 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Sold
Rare -NIB- Super Tigre .61 Rear Exhaust TST, made in Italy, with Header + Tuned Pipe

SOLD...sent to Germany from TEXAS ...USPS shipping was $39.75.

I Had... for sale a rare engine I bought "New" over 35 years ago.

It's a Super Tigre .61, TST, Rear Exhaust, made in Italy. The engine is being sold with the matching header and tuned pipe setup. This was the classic hot setup back in the day. These engines have smooth idle and provide excellent power for all pattern manuevers. Outstanding climb, even for the large Classic pattern ships.

This engine was bought for one of the two Phoenix 8 pattern plane kits I had at the time. I just sold the remaining Phoenix 8 kit. The buyer had an engine.

I flew my first Phoenix 8 for several years till I crashed it doing a low stunt at high speed with my brain switched off. It wiped out everything except a couple of servos, on a concrete runway.

This header system is the proper fit for many of the Classic pattern planes, where the engine is laid over 90 degrees to the side, and the pipe runs under the wing. The soft aluminum tuned pipe, has some small dings from shop rash.

I think the engine is valued at $ 195 - $230, the Header and Tuned Pipe system $40-$50.

I will sell both for $ 235.00 Insured and Shipped US 48 ....PayPal OK

Overseas shipping requires you contact me and the extra shipping costs.
TexasThermalKing is offline Find More Posts by TexasThermalKing
Last edited by TexasThermalKing; Jan 31, 2012 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Can't Spell
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2012, 05:13 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined May 2003
454 Posts
Trader Rating: 33
PM sent
edh13 is offline Find More Posts by edh13
Last edited by edh13; Jan 11, 2012 at 10:37 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 02:44 PM
Joined Jan 2012
3 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
I want to build the old Kaos 60 pattern plane kit I just got from my dads friend. Will this engine be too much for it?

Buying a good engine now that fits well with a lot of different 60 size pattern planes, might be better in the long run. Something worth having for a long time.

Is this way too much engine to run on the Kaos?
bentwingflyer is offline Find More Posts by bentwingflyer
Old Jan 13, 2012, 06:42 PM
Angleton, Texas
Joined Mar 2007
304 Posts
Is there ever ...Too Much Power?

Hello "bentwingflyer",

The Kaos 60 ( Super Kaos?) is a nice flying plane. I don't think the Super Tigre 61. I have for sale is too much for it. I had the same type engine on my Phoenix 8 pattern plane (I later crashed it). It's a nice engine, with good throttle response, and a reliable idle.

You may not need all the power it has for the Kaos, I think the Kaos is lighter than my Phoenix 8 was. I'd have to check, but you can throttle it back for sure.

As far as buying a good engine now...for the type of pattern planes you will fly later...is a good way to look at it, If you are sure where you are going in the future. The real truth is you don't have to have this type of high performance engine I'm selling, to have a nice flying Kaos.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 08:33 PM
Angleton, Texas
Joined Mar 2007
304 Posts
Note to: Franz Muschler....all your PM's have been answered.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 07:58 PM
Joined Jan 2012
0 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
St 61re

Is the engine still available?
bentpropellor is offline Find More Posts by bentpropellor
Old Jan 31, 2012, 04:01 PM
Angleton, Texas
Joined Mar 2007
304 Posts
Sorry "bent propellor" it was sold and shipped yesterday!

Engine and Tuned pipe setup sold.

Thank you for our inquiry,

John
Closed Thread