HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2012, 05:08 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,736 Posts
Question
Bogus Session deletion

Is there any way to permanently trim one or more 'sessions' from a Recorder File?

Problem: After hooking up my Logger system & stowing it inside the plane at home, after getting to the field I had to connect the LiPo to check something for pre-flight (a common happening). Found a minor problem & had to make an adjustment so, disconnected the LiPo. That created one Session on the Logger. Trimming out the adjustment required re-connecting the LiPo a couple more times - 2 more 'Sessions'. On this occasion, I repeated the check after ending my flight (the only Session I actually want to keep) - meaning another short 'blip' of a Session.

Result: Loading that data file means I now have to navigate thru 5 "Sessions" to get to the one that actually means something - every time I want to access it in the future. It'd sure be neater to permanently eliminate the other 4 extraneous 'blips'.

I think it could probably be done by editing the text in the data, but a button or command (maybe, 'Delete Session' under 'Choose Session' in the Data command menu) would sure make it a heckuva lot more convenient!

Is there a way already, that I'm missing?
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2012, 07:35 AM
Norway, Hordaland, Bergen
Joined Feb 2009
280 Posts
If you select one session, you can save only that one.
Megafluffy is offline Find More Posts by Megafluffy
Old Jan 05, 2012, 07:47 AM
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
5,736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megafluffy View Post
If you select one session, you can save only that one.
Good show -- that'll work! Thanx Fluff!!
Hadn't noticed that previously, under the File menu. It's always been grayed out when I'm in there, Loading a file.

BillPa - if it's not too much programming, an in-use button would still be a nice convenience.

AND......let me get 2 birds on 1 stone here -- something else I'd like to see.
The ability to drag the 2D chart out to any width the user chooses.

It's limited now - not unreasonably but, when you have several data plots active, the list of 'em (with their numerical scales) out to the left of the chart area really cuts down on the viewing space. And, being able to expand the width would enable 'uncrowding' where you have a lot of lines meeting & overlapping where there's a lot of 'up & down' lines presently....making for better analysis of the data without having to zoom in on one small portion (want to see the overall for better utilization of the Min-Max-Averaging computation.)
Please?
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by StarHopper44; Jan 05, 2012 at 08:17 AM.