HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by brianshell, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:47 PM
Joined Jan 2011
38 Posts
I agree with all of it ...thank you and please write more
brucefpv is offline Find More Posts by brucefpv
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2012, 08:06 AM
Bill
United States, NE, La Vista
Joined Jul 2007
279 Posts
Fpv

RCModelReviews.com and YouTube has some really good videos about FPV and other Radio Control stuff. He just did a review/test on a 600 line FPV camera. I ordered one based on his testing, $52.00.
HiFlyer371 is offline Find More Posts by HiFlyer371
Old Feb 14, 2012, 10:45 AM
Joined Dec 2006
1,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFlyer371 View Post
RCModelReviews.com and YouTube has some really good videos about FPV and other Radio Control stuff. He just did a review/test on a 600 line FPV camera. I ordered one based on his testing, $52.00.
Just curiuos, how long did it take to receive your camera when you ordered it?
GhostRider32 is offline Find More Posts by GhostRider32
Old Feb 14, 2012, 11:20 AM
pgp
Southport, NC
Joined Feb 2008
21 Posts
Received this camera from SecurityCamera2000 in less than a week. Good response but their web site could use some work imo.
pgp is offline Find More Posts by pgp
Old Feb 15, 2012, 06:32 PM
Bill
Joined Jul 2007
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider32 View Post
Just curiuos, how long did it take to receive your camera when you ordered it?
I ordered my on the 9th and it came in today, 6 days not bad.
The wide anglr lens I bought for the HK $16.00 camera also fits!
Old Feb 18, 2012, 12:00 AM
United States, TX, Mansfield
Joined Jan 2012
529 Posts
This is a common misconception. You do not have to be proven negligent. In the US at least, YOU are responsible for YOUR property. It doesn't matter what the circumstances are in MOST (but not all) cases.

There are MANY court rulings (and yes, I know I should quote some, but I honestly don't have any specifics on hand. This info comes from some attorneys that I trust) Where the owner of a car, for example, was found responsible for damage to a third party even though the car had been stolen and the damage was incurred while the thief was driving the car.

If the thief was never caught, and the third party sues the car owner, chances are almost 100% that the car owner will be liable. It doesn't seem fair, but it is the law.

Of course, there are extenuating circumstances that could influence any case, but this is generally how it goes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelator View Post
One thing to keep in mind, even if your plane does crash and damage something, they'd still need to prove in court that you did something negligent to cause the crash in order to "financially ruin you" as someone put it. That's generally judged by what a reasonably prudent person would do in similar circumstances. If you weren't flying in a particularly dangerous manner and something just happened, you might not be found liable for negligence. Of course, liability for FPV crashes is a totally untested area of the law, so who knows what a court would consider reasonable or not reasonable. FPV itself could be considered unreasonable or inherently dangerous, so who knows.
CTvxl is offline Find More Posts by CTvxl
Old Feb 18, 2012, 02:39 PM
Joined Feb 2012
4 Posts
I am new to FPV and reading this post was very helpful. Getting started in FPV seems overwhelming at first with all the equipment required and then figuring out how to make everything work together. To all the newbies out there, me included, following the advice posted above will make the learning experience much simpler and headache free and remember…KISS.
HookedOnFPV is offline Find More Posts by HookedOnFPV
Old Feb 20, 2012, 09:41 PM
BOTHELL,WA. NORTHEAST OF SEATTLE
Joined Jun 2005
286 Posts
Very helpful, now if I could only come up with the money to outfit, I'd give it a shot! I've got several platforms, just not the moola!

George
faststick is offline Find More Posts by faststick
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:51 AM
Bill
Joined Jul 2007
279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by faststick View Post
Very helpful, now if I could only come up with the money to outfit, I'd give it a shot! I've got several platforms, just not the moola!

George
Hey, my old stomping grounds! I use to be from Mountlake Terrace.
I agree with the "moola" comment.
Checkout the Hong Knog sites and buy a piece at a time.

Good Luck!
Old Feb 22, 2012, 08:56 PM
Joined Feb 2011
50 Posts
Bullseye!

I keep getting my trusty old Hobbyzone Supercub out just to practice basic flying.

KISS!

I can do this, really I can. All I need to do is spend more money.
baybuzzard is offline Find More Posts by baybuzzard
Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:54 AM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTvxl View Post
This is a common misconception. You do not have to be proven negligent. In the US at least, YOU are responsible for YOUR property. It doesn't matter what the circumstances are in MOST (but not all) cases.

There are MANY court rulings (and yes, I know I should quote some, but I honestly don't have any specifics on hand. This info comes from some attorneys that I trust) Where the owner of a car, for example, was found responsible for damage to a third party even though the car had been stolen and the damage was incurred while the thief was driving the car.

If the thief was never caught, and the third party sues the car owner, chances are almost 100% that the car owner will be liable. It doesn't seem fair, but it is the law.

Of course, there are extenuating circumstances that could influence any case, but this is generally how it goes...

And this is why my FPV is under 1lb, all foam with a pusher prop. Unless I hit an old brittle window at full throttle (about 25mph) it cant cause any damages... Hit my own car many times and only cause scuff marks from foam smudging, wiped them off and nothing remained!

I guess if i flew in a window, LIPO burst, fire started... or Prop flew off, somehow hit someone directly in the eye... thats worst case...
chanyote66 is offline Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 23, 2012, 12:06 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,877 Posts
My FPV experience almost follows these tips...

Found simple, easy to fly plane
Researched FPV gear for months
Purchased Gear (Bought Lawmate becuase of the success stories, sort of thew out the stay affordable)
Started with camera+TX until i was comfortable
Added Easy to use OSD

Still flying the same plane since I know how it responds...

Learning FPV flights:
No FPV gear: 25-30 (10-20min each)
CAMERA only: 4 (10-20min each) two were recorded while flying LOS, then watched after flight to see how FPV looks
CAMERA + OSD: 10 (10-20min flights) one recoeded flying LOS then watched after to check for errors and see how OSD looks

Learning FPV unplanned landings (wrecks):
No FPV gear: 2 (changed ESC, caused major delay in throttle response)
CAMERA only: 1 (Spar split, extreme wind gusts hit plane in vertical climb)
CAMERA + OSD: NONE (almost had one from interference) knock on wood!

Restarting procedures for a new plane design...
chanyote66 is offline Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 01, 2012, 10:49 PM
Joined May 2010
297 Posts
I would like to add a more encouraging comment for beginners: I ordered a complete package ( mine from firstpersonview in the U.K.)it arrived at midday and I was flying, with a spotter, real FPV that evening. since then I have advanced and made mistakes and had great flying, but I would still recommend a package to start.
I will gladly add a list of what I have the best upgrades to this, for long range, better signal, reliability etc
foufly is offline Find More Posts by foufly
Old Mar 21, 2012, 09:14 PM
United States, OH, Toledo
Joined Jul 2011
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by foufly View Post
I would like to add a more encouraging comment for beginners: I ordered a complete package ( mine from firstpersonview in the U.K.)it arrived at midday and I was flying, with a spotter, real FPV that evening. since then I have advanced and made mistakes and had great flying, but I would still recommend a package to start.
I will gladly add a list of what I have the best upgrades to this, for long range, better signal, reliability etc
I also ordered a "Complete RTF package". but was not flying later that day. In fact a lot of troubleshooting was needed to sort out a "bad" OSD that had to be returned. However, everything was pretty much plug-n-play, there was no soldering involved. If I had to do again? I would still start with a package, not from overseas. That was the worst part....the waiting and poor communication from the seller.
airwurthy is offline Find More Posts by airwurthy
Old Apr 05, 2012, 10:05 AM
Joined May 2010
297 Posts
I wish I had paid more attention to customers reviews on AFTER-SALES service ,for the different sellers!
I have to lodge a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission ,against Vova Reznik at RANGEVIDEO because of a $300 OSD board sent back ,then "lost" then "sent" (and never received)..after every possible query, email , message, plea ,etc,etc.
BEWARE this supplier has very little respect for his customers!
foufly is offline Find More Posts by foufly