SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 07, 2013, 11:33 AM
God is my pilot
United States, MI, Kalamazoo Township
Joined Aug 2006
2,374 Posts
it would be fine to reduce your throws and move the CG forward if you are interested in sport flying and not 3D.
JimTMich is offline Find More Posts by JimTMich
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:05 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,739 Posts
Just curious...Is that a HobbyKing plane????

SteveT
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by SteveT.; Jan 07, 2013 at 07:12 PM.
Old Jan 09, 2013, 04:53 PM
Honeybadger don't care...
Orlando, FL
Joined May 2010
1,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPilot1234 View Post
Sorry to see that happen to the tube! Hopefully you'll be up in the air soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookci View Post
Did you show them the picture you showed us? Thats quite clearly a wing tube failure and not your fault.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv3d View Post
I gave them the opportunity to help, but they declined. Not sure if my message was handled by Noll or someone else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Perhaps Noll would do something about this???

SteveT
Quote:
Garage sale edge from october this past year.
As many airframes as I have bought and as much money as I have spent with 3DHS, I did not think it was unreasonable for me to ask them for a simple phone call, which still has not come. The only reason this ever went to the internet was because of the companyís stubborn refusal to simply pick up the phone and talk to a loyal customer whoís airframe failed.

If they donít want to talk to me, thatís surprising and certainly disappointing, but also highlights the changes that really appear to be happening to a once-great company.

If nothing else this whole sad episode simply underlines how many awesome alternatives there really are.

Unsubbed, guys. sorry.
Luv3d is offline Find More Posts by Luv3d
Old Jan 09, 2013, 05:05 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Aug 2004
9,450 Posts
wow.
rcbirk21 is offline Find More Posts by rcbirk21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Joe's Battery Contraption
Old Jan 09, 2013, 05:15 PM
AMA 1034020
United States, AL, Alexander City
Joined Jul 2011
140 Posts
I feal like we should have a moment of silence
ATCH is offline Find More Posts by ATCH
Old Jan 09, 2013, 05:28 PM
Joined Jul 2011
437 Posts
I think the post is furrymuff
cookci is offline Find More Posts by cookci
Old Jan 09, 2013, 07:55 PM
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Mar 2011
707 Posts
I like hairlessmuff more than furrymuff
nebwake is offline Find More Posts by nebwake
Old Jan 09, 2013, 08:12 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Aug 2004
9,450 Posts
hahahahahahahaha
rcbirk21 is offline Find More Posts by rcbirk21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Joe's Battery Contraption
Old Jan 09, 2013, 08:30 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,739 Posts
All right!!! Got my 5S 45C 3850mAH Thunder Power packs for my Edge today, but the weather prediction for the next week or so is nothing but rain, wind and relative cold....At least I will have the time to put some Deans on them...If I can ever get off of the phone with McAfee (Egads I hate their tech support).....

SteveT.
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Jan 09, 2013, 09:17 PM
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Sep 2008
785 Posts
Quote:
As many airframes as I have bought and as much money as I have spent with 3DHS, I did not think it was unreasonable for me to ask them for a simple phone call, which still has not come. The only reason this ever went to the internet was because of the companyís stubborn refusal to simply pick up the phone and talk to a loyal customer whoís airframe failed.

If they donít want to talk to me, thatís surprising and certainly disappointing, but also highlights the changes that really appear to be happening to a once-great company.

If nothing else this whole sad episode simply underlines how many awesome alternatives there really are.

Unsubbed, guys. sorry.
Very sorry to hear this.

Mike
Brownie433 is offline Find More Posts by Brownie433
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:35 AM
3DHobbyShop.com
S. Lancaster County, PA
Joined Jun 2006
2,528 Posts
Quote:
Right, so 3DHS not replacing your airframe that was damaged being shipped to you by the original buyer make us a bad company? You continue to ask the same question over and over hoping to get a different answer. Unsure what a phone call would accomplish, you asking again?

No retailer is going to replace an item that was damaged in shipping when the item was resold.
horton is offline Find More Posts by horton
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 10, 2013, 02:20 AM
Joined Jul 2011
437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by horton View Post
Right, so 3DHS not replacing your airframe that was damaged being shipped to you by the original buyer make us a bad company? You continue to ask the same question over and over hoping to get a different answer. Unsure what a phone call would accomplish, you asking again?

No retailer is going to replace an item that was damaged in shipping when the item was resold.
But the picture looks like wing tube failure. I don't see how a wing tube is going to be damaged in the post?

I don't understand why you can't agree a compromise I.e. Perhaps half price spares
Old Jan 10, 2013, 02:45 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jul 2011
2,243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by horton View Post

would be nice to hear the whole story... cause usually buyers in forums is leaving out half truth, making companies look bad, and companies leaving out half story, making it not companies fault... how can wingtube be damaged in shipping?? but as far as my opinion goes, you guys lately need some success storys....
rimaarts is offline Find More Posts by rimaarts
Old Jan 10, 2013, 04:32 AM
Joined Jul 2011
437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaarts View Post
would be nice to hear the whole story... cause usually buyers in forums is leaving out half truth, making companies look bad, and companies leaving out half story, making it not companies fault... how can wingtube be damaged in shipping?? but as far as my opinion goes, you guys lately need some success storys....
I think its more likely the tube could be damaged in the car on the way to the field or storage rather than shipping
Old Jan 10, 2013, 07:07 AM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,727 Posts
Looks like the wing tube broke because the plane went in nose first to me. Look where the break is. And what kind of force it would take to break a wing tube. Hitting the ground hard maybe?
jsmith285 is offline Find More Posts by jsmith285