HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2003, 08:44 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,262 Posts
Images of Warbirds over Scone

Wow, what a top day I took my son and we had one of the best days.

I took a borrowed digital camera but struggled with the memory card size. I also took another 48 photos on good ol' filum I will get them developed and I'll scan some more at a later date.

Here are the digi ones i have, i even had to stinge on the quality they are only 2mb res but by the time i reduce them to fit here they lose a bit. I also cropped them to fit more plane in the shots.

Missed out on the door prizes which were a flight in a mig-15 and second was a yak-52 Hoped the winners puked up

We had a couple of nice fly-bys of a herc that was heading north to darwin but they are on film.

Most of the "action shots" are taken with film, due to the limitations of the digi cam. 3* zoom? Give me a 300mm anyday!

Large one, you will hate me but there was no 0-2 Only some 0-1' bird dogs and a SM1019.E they call a "wog dog" due to it's italian heritage.....( I didn't make it up Sparky ) ) It had a 317 allison 250-b15g fitted and did you say climb rate! It did some amazing flying and the low speed high AoA stuff was great.

Here are some to keep you busy, and me just posting the stuff.

I'll start with this amazing little P-51 powered by a chevy V8. My 10 year old son shows the size. He's about 5 foot tall. It flew brilliantly and did some great aerobatics. And it is shinier in real life than here. check the reflections coming off the wing.
gouch is offline Find More Posts by gouch
Old Oct 05, 2003, 08:47 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,262 Posts
A CA-19 Boomerang. First flew in 1942 designed around the pratt & whitney R-1830. There are only two of these in flying condition in Aus.
Old Oct 05, 2003, 08:52 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,262 Posts
The only flying spitfire in Aus is this one and boy does it fly

It was the last spitfire accepted by the RAAF and is based at the Temora museum. It's markings are those used by Bobby Gibbes DFC as commander of 457 Squadron during WW2 although this particular airframe never saw active service.
Old Oct 05, 2003, 08:55 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,262 Posts
A curtis P-40. Oh I forgot to mention, I am no expert on planes, my forte is motorcycles so if I stuff any of these up let me know as I'm only going off the programme And my memory from asking people around me today.
Old Oct 05, 2003, 08:59 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,262 Posts
A trojan, yes? Texan? this is why i apologized earlier!
Old Oct 05, 2003, 09:01 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,262 Posts
Another shot, note the wind and rain squalls we had AROUND the airport but not AT the airport
Old Oct 05, 2003, 09:03 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,262 Posts
And another one, I think this is the same as above? Looks cool though methinks
Old Oct 05, 2003, 09:06 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,262 Posts
Now they made this one out to be a Zero but i'm sure someone said it was a T-6 Harvard? It had a wasp engine that made one heck of a sound
Old Oct 05, 2003, 09:08 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,262 Posts
I spoke to the pilot of this beauty but i forgot what he called it.
I do remember him saying something about viper? Cloth covered and verrry nicely presented
Old Oct 05, 2003, 09:13 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,262 Posts
Here is an L39 that is based at Williamtown and I saw it fly past last weekend whilst sloping in newcastle. It flew very nicely indeed. I was watching it for a while but looked down to get some vision back (no sunnies ) and i heard it make a strange noise, the guy next to me is spinning out as he said it did a vertical stall and tail slid!!! i look up to see him pulling out but did not see what he actually did. Is this possible? I thought these sort of things IE jets have a habit of flaming out under these conditions. Anyone know if this plane could do a tail slide?
Old Oct 05, 2003, 09:17 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,262 Posts
Here's a RNZAF BAC Strikemaster Mk.88 (back to the programme ) And as usual the kiwi's bring all their rain over here!. Check the dumping rain in the background. Actually this one is from Coffs Harbour,not far from Scone. It has just completed a very nice fast flight.
Old Oct 05, 2003, 09:21 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,262 Posts
Now someone has to tell me what this is. I spose I could have asked someone there but you know how it is, you are SUPPOSED to know this stuff It was flown very fast and low. That's all I know about this plane. And the fact the pilot loved blasting the people behind with jetwash as he taxied out. I think the people enjoyed it too! I know I did
Old Oct 05, 2003, 09:25 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,262 Posts
Here's a group shot of the mig 15 UTI (what's UTI stand for?)
the L39, BAC167 strikemaster and Cessna A37B Dragonfly. Those last two really look similar.
Old Oct 05, 2003, 09:32 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,262 Posts
and lucky last for the meantime is the lovely DC-3 heading home. There was 2 of these here and I have some much better detailed shots on film.
there were many more planes that I couldn't fit on the digital, but I'll post the best of those and some action shots when they are developed.

Did I say it was the best day I had in so long? But the best flight had to be the mig-15. I have never seen one close up before, let alone fly, and to see the speed of this beauty was brilliant. All I need to do is raise $1500 to go up in it for a fly. Any one out there want to sponsor me? Didn't think so

So how did I go with the descriptions? Enjoy.

Cheers
Paul
Old Oct 05, 2003, 09:38 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,262 Posts
oops forgot the pic