HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2012, 02:31 PM
3D Hack
United States, IL, Glen Carbon
Joined Jul 2010
1,854 Posts
Does the Crack Yak use the same motor and ESC as the Edge 540?

JC
JC Spohr is offline Find More Posts by JC Spohr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: About Me
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2012, 02:34 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,324 Posts
Yes.
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Old Jan 05, 2012, 04:01 PM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
Excellent write up Chris.

I have to say I did wonder how it could be so different to the Edge given the same size, construction methods and power plant. I would have still bought one just for the cool scheme but it's good to hear what thought process went into it.

I did wonder how you came up with the name too. Over here it's a common saying, good crack (good fun), bad crack (just not right), what's the crack? (or fit's the crack? depending on where your from (what's happening?)),getting the crack (general banter) and what's the crack with....? (how are we going to....?).

So with that I have a question for you, brace yourself..... Fit's the crack wi gettin the crack to ay some crack wi in the uk min? a can understand ya gettin the first crack o the whip in the states but it'll be bad crack if we can't gettem. I'll ave to phone Mark an get the crack wi him, see what his crack has been over the holidays an see what the crack is with getting the crack.

Ahhhhhhh I'm cracking up, crack crack crack yak yak yak
All this yakin has me crackin up. I need to learn to speak Aussie
jetinteriorguy is online now Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old Jan 06, 2012, 05:04 AM
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jan 2000
3,005 Posts
Are we going to be able to get our hands on it in the UK?

Mike
Mike Smart is offline Find More Posts by Mike Smart
Last edited by Mike Smart; Jan 06, 2012 at 06:18 AM.
Old Jan 06, 2012, 06:10 AM
United Kingdom, Worthing
Joined May 2008
70 Posts
Hi Mike, the last time I spoke to Brad about the Yak for the UK I was informed that Europe would receive the model after the home market had received theirs. This may have changed and I have contacted Brad to confirm. I'm sure he will clarify.

I suspect that in his retailers desire to establish a lead in the RCF market in the UK this product release may have been a touch premature. Brad and his team have kept this model under wraps as much as possible and will be disappointed that a product shot has been released by a non USA retailer and not the company that actually instigated the design.

Mark.
SparkyMarki is offline Find More Posts by SparkyMarki
Old Jan 06, 2012, 06:19 AM
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jan 2000
3,005 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyMarki View Post
Hi Mike, the last time I spoke to Brad about the Yak for the UK I was informed that Europe would receive the model after the home market had received theirs. This may have changed and I have contacted Brad to confirm. I'm sure he will clarify.

I suspect that in his retailers desire to establish a lead in the RCF market in the UK this product release may have been a touch premature. Brad and his team have kept this model under wraps as much as possible and will be disappointed that a product shot has been released by a non USA retailer and not the company that actually instigated the design.

Mark.
I have removed it, apologies. The problem is I think that as soon as a heads-up is given here, interested customers will naturally look for more information - maybe too much information in the original post?

Mike
Mike Smart is offline Find More Posts by Mike Smart
Old Jan 06, 2012, 06:41 AM
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2008
4,200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyMarki View Post

Mark.
This is correct. They will be available in the US first.
Twisted Realm is offline Find More Posts by Twisted Realm
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 06, 2012, 07:11 AM
United Kingdom, Worthing
Joined May 2008
70 Posts
Thanks Mike.

I think its only fair that Brad and the Twisted team get the glory with their amazing efforts. I have been careful to release only the photos that Twisted had released as I know the effort that has gone into this design.

Thank you Brad for the confirmation that the UK and Europe will receive the Yak after the USA.

Mark.
SparkyMarki is offline Find More Posts by SparkyMarki
Last edited by SparkyMarki; Jan 08, 2012 at 06:04 AM.
Old Jan 06, 2012, 08:13 AM
High Tech Red Neck
United States, IL, Lawrenceville
Joined Nov 2011
1,492 Posts
Man,I'm wanting this one bad! Twisted makes too many great planes to just pick one. So much foam------so little time! LOL! Ron
Ron_Dog is online now Find More Posts by Ron_Dog
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The Alias,a Love,Hate,Affair!
Old Jan 06, 2012, 08:41 AM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,521 Posts
Guess I missed the picture. This thread is as aggravating as the Horizon AX3X videos were.

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old Jan 06, 2012, 09:35 AM
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,324 Posts
Come on Azarr! You know you love it!

Seriously though, I missed whatever happened. I guess there is a production pic out there in cyberspace somewhere.
Old Jan 07, 2012, 11:07 AM
Don't give in to gravity
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Dec 2009
1,876 Posts
I saw the pic. Very very very very very very cool

For $1000.00 i will describe it from memory for those who missed the photo

I will say this much free of charge...it has a wing. Anything eles you pay for
Gravitycheat is offline Find More Posts by Gravitycheat
Old Jan 09, 2012, 05:45 AM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Dog View Post
Man,I'm wanting this one bad! Twisted makes too many great planes to just pick one. So much foam------so little time! LOL! Ron
+1 That is my problem way too many excellent planes.. Plus an awesome support crew.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 09, 2012, 06:45 AM
3D Hack
United States, IL, Glen Carbon
Joined Jul 2010
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Dog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinma1 View Post
+1 That is my problem way too many excellent planes.. Plus an awesome support crew.
I can sum it up easily...

Brad is "twisted" and wants all of our hobby money!

First he gets you hooked on his gateway planes and now he wants you on a "Crack" - all part of his twisted plan to dominate the RC world.

JC
JC Spohr is offline Find More Posts by JC Spohr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: About Me
Old Jan 09, 2012, 09:19 AM
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,324 Posts
Lol. That's a good business plan.