SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 04, 2012, 06:04 PM
Don't give in to gravity
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Dec 2009
1,959 Posts
This is your brain............................

Name: is[7].jpg
Views: 72
Size: 2.5 KB
Description:

This is your brain on Crack Yak.............................

Name: 162115,1278023578,30[1].jpg
Views: 60
Size: 12.6 KB
Description:

Any Questions????
Gravitycheat is offline Find More Posts by Gravitycheat
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2012, 06:08 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitycheat View Post
this is your brain............................

Attachment 4529061

this is your brain on crack yak.............................

Attachment 4529062

any questions????
rofl
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Old Jan 04, 2012, 06:19 PM
3D Hack
United States, IL, Glen Carbon
Joined Jul 2010
1,925 Posts
BTW Chris or Brad,

What is the motor/ESC for the Crack Yak? I assume they are already on the Twisted site...

Thanks,

JC
JC Spohr is offline Find More Posts by JC Spohr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: About Me
Old Jan 04, 2012, 06:44 PM
Don't give in to gravity
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Dec 2009
1,959 Posts
Chris,

Thanks for the in sight into what went into developing the Crack Yak. Itís fun to hear the story of how it all happened and it sounds like you have a lot of time into it. Must have been a real labor of love. Itís gotta feel good to see all your hard work paying off. Canít wait to fly one.

That was a great re-cap of the Twisted line up as well. I had been flying Twisted products back when the Yedge came out. Has it been 3 years? The product improvement, with the introduction of the Vector then the Slick and now the Edge has been amazing. Great job Brad!! Chris, Your re-cap of the product lines reminds me that just because a new plane is developed like the Edge540 does not mean that the Slick Or Vector do not have a place out here in the RC world. I sometimes forget that I learned much of my 3D on the Vector and Slick and that they were great learning tools for me. Although I like to fly hard core 3D and want the fastest roll rate, most throws etc..., People just getting into the hobby or into 3D flying can really benefit from the the Vector or Slick.

I feel like I am starting to ramble now so Iíll end by saying i just want thank You, Brad and team including Dan for a great product. Keep um coming!

Shawn
Gravitycheat is offline Find More Posts by Gravitycheat
Old Jan 04, 2012, 06:47 PM
Justin S
United States, NC, Mt Holly
Joined Nov 2010
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777 View Post
2S 450. The new power system has 3S type power though even though it is on 2S.
True statement! I was upset to learn I was going to have to buy 2S packs for this thing.
justinsebastian is offline Find More Posts by justinsebastian
Old Jan 04, 2012, 07:03 PM
Just flitting about!!
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
Great sounding plane, love Yaks.

Now the important question; is the lovely lady in the first photo Mrs hercdriver or Mrs Brad??
bigroger is offline Find More Posts by bigroger
Old Jan 04, 2012, 07:07 PM
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,330 Posts
I almost typed something inappropriate there.
Old Jan 05, 2012, 03:46 AM
High Tech Red Neck
United States, IL, Lawrenceville
Joined Nov 2011
1,788 Posts
Can't wait to see it in action! On a side note: I dated a girl like that once! Nothing but trouble,and no plane money left over to spend either! Ron
Ron_Dog is offline Find More Posts by Ron_Dog
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The Alias,a Love,Hate,Affair!
Old Jan 05, 2012, 08:14 AM
RC Toys R 4 White Trash
Joined Dec 2008
4,090 Posts
Checking in....Great write up Herc
Dan5.0 is offline Find More Posts by Dan5.0
Old Jan 05, 2012, 08:25 AM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Excellent write up Herc.. I agree with point # 7 and #8.

# 7 - The ship is a incredible flier and the roll rate is insane but not hard to keep up with once you have your rhythm down. I can't wait for this one to come out.

# 8 - Dan always does excellent work and he did a phenomenal job on this bird. Lke stated before I was lucky to be in Dan's area that day to get a view into the testing. I was overly surprised when he handed me the sticks. But that was his way of getting me addicted to the "crack". Thanks Dan.. I am sure my wife will appreciate you in a month or so when she can't find me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigroger View Post
Great sounding plane, love Yaks.

Now the important question; is the lovely lady in the first photo Mrs hercdriver or Mrs Brad??
I let twisted hobbies borrow her. . But the only issue is she hasn't been back home since that photo shoot.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by livinma1; Jan 05, 2012 at 08:32 AM.
Old Jan 05, 2012, 09:24 AM
Joined Jul 2011
721 Posts
Thanks for the update Chris. At least we have some real information to mull over now. I was really hoping for airfoil wings but such is life. Stiff is GOOD as long as the plane remains durable. At my level, I'm virtually sure that I will need to tame down the roll rate. I use my Edge 540 at full throws, but my Crazy 88, I have dialed back a tad. The lack of coupling will be a treat. I'm so used to compensating with a little opposite aileron, I may need to break the habit.

I wasn't totally clear about whether you ended up with a EPP ply wing with different densities of EPP, or whether you eventually achieved the stiffness you wanted some other way. My impression is that you are using the EPP ply method. I hadn't realized there was enough directionality in the grain of EPP for that to make a difference.
Madratter is offline Find More Posts by Madratter
Old Jan 05, 2012, 09:56 AM
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,330 Posts
The wing is single layer with hard wood spar similar to the Edge.
Old Jan 05, 2012, 10:26 AM
Joined Jul 2011
721 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hercdriver7777 View Post
The wing is single layer with hard wood spar similar to the Edge.
Cool. That worked very well on the Edge.
Madratter is offline Find More Posts by Madratter
Old Jan 05, 2012, 02:04 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Excellent write up Chris.

I have to say I did wonder how it could be so different to the Edge given the same size, construction methods and power plant. I would have still bought one just for the cool scheme but it's good to hear what thought process went into it.

I did wonder how you came up with the name too. Over here it's a common saying, good crack (good fun), bad crack (just not right), what's the crack? (or fit's the crack? depending on where your from (what's happening?)),getting the crack (general banter) and what's the crack with....? (how are we going to....?).

So with that I have a question for you, brace yourself..... Fit's the crack wi gettin the crack to ay some crack wi in the uk min? a can understand ya gettin the first crack o the whip in the states but it'll be bad crack if we can't gettem. I'll ave to phone Mark an get the crack wi him, see what his crack has been over the holidays an see what the crack is with getting the crack.

Ahhhhhhh I'm cracking up, crack crack crack yak yak yak
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Jan 05, 2012, 02:30 PM
3D Hack
United States, IL, Glen Carbon
Joined Jul 2010
1,925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviefly View Post
Excellent write up Chris.

I have to say I did wonder how it could be so different to the Edge given the same size, construction methods and power plant. I would have still bought one just for the cool scheme but it's good to hear what thought process went into it.

I did wonder how you came up with the name too. Over here it's a common saying, good crack (good fun), bad crack (just not right), what's the crack? (or fit's the crack? depending on where your from (what's happening?)),getting the crack (general banter) and what's the crack with....? (how are we going to....?).

So with that I have a question for you, brace yourself..... Fit's the crack wi gettin the crack to ay some crack wi in the uk min? a can understand ya gettin the first crack o the whip in the states but it'll be bad crack if we can't gettem. I'll ave to phone Mark an get the crack wi him, see what his crack has been over the holidays an see what the crack is with getting the crack.

Ahhhhhhh I'm cracking up, crack crack crack yak yak yak
^^^ Good example of someone on crack ^^^

Now don't be crackin' on me for this post.

JC
JC Spohr is offline Find More Posts by JC Spohr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: About Me