HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 21, 2012, 10:31 AM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
hercdriver7777's Avatar
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,334 Posts
Weight is w/o gear. The gear adds a lot to the cost so Brad decided to give you all the option to have them or not.
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2012, 05:05 PM
Registered User
Mesquite Tx
Joined Jan 2008
263 Posts
When the led light kits come back in stock will they be CY compatible?
Bigugly is offline Find More Posts by Bigugly
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2012, 07:22 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
hercdriver7777's Avatar
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,334 Posts
You guys will be happy that it rained here all day and I got the first Crack Yak production plane finished. New build thread with lots of pics coming tonight!
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2012, 08:38 PM
Registered User
USA, NC, Charlotte
Joined Nov 2009
102 Posts
Can't wait, mine coming in Monday!
bkent100 is offline Find More Posts by bkent100
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2012, 08:58 PM
Addicted
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2011
1,182 Posts
Just got $200 cash for a project I didn't know I'd get paid for. Should I get one of these?
Sixinarow is offline Find More Posts by Sixinarow
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2012, 09:07 PM
Registered User
livinma1's Avatar
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixinarow View Post
Just got $200 cash for a project I didn't know I'd get paid for. Should I get one of these?
You can always send it to my address. .. But absolutely will be worthwhile..
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2012, 09:14 PM
Registered User
United States, SC, Spartanburg
Joined Jan 2006
12 Posts
Crack Yak! Woooooooooooooooooo!!! Can't wait
Petty3D is offline Find More Posts by Petty3D
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2012, 09:30 PM
Team Extreme! Team Twisted!
hercdriver7777's Avatar
Columbia SC
Joined Feb 2005
4,334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixinarow View Post
Just got $200 cash for a project I didn't know I'd get paid for. Should I get one of these?
Yes!
hercdriver7777 is offline Find More Posts by hercdriver7777
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2012, 09:30 PM
Team Twisted!
cbriggs11's Avatar
United States, SC, Greenville
Joined Nov 2009
224 Posts
Wooooooooooooo
cbriggs11 is offline Find More Posts by cbriggs11
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2012, 07:43 PM
Team Twisted!
cdee's Avatar
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2011
1,924 Posts
OMG!!!

Got my Crack Yak-55 today. Out of the park packaging, double boxed is very nice. Excellent presentation, can't wait to start building it.

Great job Brad and all the Twisted Crew!!
.
cdee
.
cdee is offline Find More Posts by cdee
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2012, 07:17 AM
Registered User
livinma1's Avatar
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,567 Posts
Twisted Hobbies just keeps getting better with each release. Man o Man its exciting to even imagine what the year will bring us. It is already starting off with an awesome airframe.

Keep up the good work guys.. All of my foamy funds will always go your way.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2012, 07:48 AM
Registered User
USA, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Mar 2010
708 Posts
Is Twisted going to have a booth at the upcoming WRAM show at the Meadowlands convention center in February ?

I'd think it must be a worthwhile thing to do as Nitroplanes is making the trip from cali for the second year now, 3DHS is going to be there also.

(sorry for going off topic)
rcguy1958 is offline Find More Posts by rcguy1958
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2012, 08:10 AM
Registered User
livinma1's Avatar
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcguy1958 View Post
Is Twisted going to have a booth at the upcoming WRAM show at the Meadowlands convention center in February ?

I'd think it must be a worthwhile thing to do as Nitroplanes is making the trip from cali for the second year now, 3DHS is going to be there also.

(sorry for going off topic)
No they will not be at the WRAM show.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2012, 08:34 AM
Extremely Twisted
cwojcik's Avatar
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,654 Posts
Started building mine last night, it goes together really easily. I really love the indexing cutouts that both keep everything aligned and don't let you put anything together backwards. Very nice touch!

I'm running a slightly different set-up because it's what I have:

Hacker A10-13L w/ 8043
ZTW 12 A ESC
Hitec HS-65 on ailerons
Hitec 5045 on elevator and rudder
3S 350 mah and 450 mah Sky LiPo and Gens Ace packs

On this size plane I won't be using 3S any more, and here's why: it's difficult to find the right size 3S packs. To get the same weight as the recommended 2S packs, you need about 3S 300-350. These are more expensive than 2S 450 (there are lots of those on the market) and about the only high-C ones available are Thunder Power and they are very expensive.

My next RCF/Twisted plane will get the recommended power system for sure. The Twisted 2204-1800 is a very impressive little motor!
cwojcik is offline Find More Posts by cwojcik
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2012, 09:02 AM
Registered User
aerofundan's Avatar
Panama
Joined Jul 2005
3,608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwojcik View Post
Started building mine last night, it goes together really easily. I really love the indexing cutouts that both keep everything aligned and don't let you put anything together backwards. Very nice touch!

I'm running a slightly different set-up because it's what I have:

Hacker A10-13L w/ 8043
ZTW 12 A ESC
Hitec HS-65 on ailerons
Hitec 5045 on elevator and rudder
3S 350 mah and 450 mah Sky LiPo and Gens Ace packs

On this size plane I won't be using 3S any more, and here's why: it's difficult to find the right size 3S packs. To get the same weight as the recommended 2S packs, you need about 3S 300-350. These are more expensive than 2S 450 (there are lots of those on the market) and about the only high-C ones available are Thunder Power and they are very expensive.

My next RCF/Twisted plane will get the recommended power system for sure. The Twisted 2204-1800 is a very impressive little motor!
Hey Cody, welcome to the team! Can't wait to see you flying it!!!
aerofundan is offline Find More Posts by aerofundan
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool Twisted Hobbys Owners Thread! hercdriver7777 3D Foamies 9319 Today 03:36 PM
Build Log Twisted Hobbys - Telink 3D Buster EPP Bipe Build Thread, Flight Video just posted!!!! aerofundan 3D Foamies 573 Sep 24, 2014 09:32 AM
Discussion Twisted Hobbys - RC Factory USA YAK-55 39" Build Thread/Videos & Flight Video!!!!! cbriggs11 3D Foamies 78 May 28, 2014 06:40 PM
Build Log Twisted Hobbys - Telink 43" Yak 55 - Build, Fly, Vid hercdriver7777 3D Foamies 1006 Feb 22, 2014 04:52 PM
New Product NEW RC Factory-Twisted Hobbys Edge 540! HonzaS 3D Foamies 179 Nov 22, 2011 11:51 AM