jrb is offline Find More Posts by jrb
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2012, 05:17 PM
Vancouver, BC
Joined Aug 2009
1,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_Vincent View Post
The plane itself is three channels, only the transmitter is four channels. I assume they will have a four channel plane someday, however.

Greg
That's a shame, I should have looked a bit closer I guess. Still, it is a nice looking little plane.
Firehawk989 is offline Find More Posts by Firehawk989
Old Jan 10, 2012, 09:11 PM
jrb
Edina, MN, USA
Joined Oct 1999
11,328 Posts
Now w/6400L!
jrb is offline Find More Posts by jrb
Old Feb 16, 2012, 11:59 AM
Lake Mary (Orlando), Florida
Joined Nov 2007
37 Posts
Jason,

How do you do barrel rolls with the ULTRA-MICRO TRAINER 100? And would you please post a video of it rolling?
I've never been able to do it with my Parkzone 3-channel micro Citabria (which I love).
That UMT capability makes me want one.

My impression of Ares is First Class! Keep up the good work. And how about a reasonably stable, ultra micro, high wing plane with ailerons that can do good rolls? Would make life pleasant for us less than aerobatic pilots. Would be a great follow-on to the UMT.

However the forthcoming E-Flite ultra micro Carbon Cub looks like it will be the answer to my prayers; includes the AS3X gyro stabilization system, brushless motor, and even has flaps. Of course it's more expensive ($170), but not necessarily because of AS3X; the forthcoming Parkzone ultra micro Spitfire has AS3X and only costs $100.
dicka is offline Find More Posts by dicka
Last edited by dicka; Feb 23, 2012 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Spelling, a request for roll video, and Carbon Cub mention
Old Feb 17, 2012, 06:26 PM
Sweden, Västra Götaland, Partille
Joined May 2009
493 Posts
This plane looks awesome!
Wish i could find it in Sweden!
FLY RC with the ARES Ultra Micro Trainer 100 (2 min 0 sec)

BTW The Nano-Micro Stick, Wow! 9 grams RTF, amazing!
Stupid name though, Nano is smaller than Micro, so Nano-Stick, would be enough to hint a small plane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...rtcOObIQg&NR=1

Tommy
jimjim06 is offline Find More Posts by jimjim06
Last edited by jimjim06; Feb 17, 2012 at 07:40 PM.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 02:04 AM
17 years on RCG!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 1996
3,097 Posts
Hello Tommy,

We hope to have Ares products available in Europe in the not-so-distant future

Hello dicka,

By moving the rudder and elevator pushrods in one hole from the 'stock' on both control horns you'll have all the throw you need to perform barrel rolls, inverted flight and more. And although we don't have any video footage of the UMT rolling at the moment we do hope to put together a video showing this and more in the near future!
Jason M is offline Find More Posts by Jason M
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 23, 2012, 05:18 PM
Lake Mary (Orlando), Florida
Joined Nov 2007
37 Posts
How perform a roll

Jason,

Would you please describe what your thumb is doing on the rudder/elevator stick as the plane rolls? Can you do a slow roll or does it have to be fast to avoid altitude loss?
dicka is offline Find More Posts by dicka
Last edited by dicka; Feb 24, 2012 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Addition
Old Jun 26, 2012, 02:04 PM
Joined Apr 2005
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicka View Post
Jason,

Would you please describe what your thumb is doing on the rudder/elevator stick as the plane rolls? Can you do a slow roll or does it have to be fast to avoid altitude loss?
I was interested in the answer to this too, before making a decision to purchase. But I guess, they have stopped responding....
bamb_i is offline Find More Posts by bamb_i
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:32 PM
USA, GA, Lilburn
Joined Jul 2007
341 Posts
I picked one of these up at Hobbytown today. Flies GREAT! Tons of power and the foam is really nice. I like it much better than my Champ, although the Champ will still fly a little slower.

Anyway, nice quality plane and it can handle some wind without any issues.
madpatter is offline Find More Posts by madpatter
Old Jan 22, 2013, 10:48 AM
Bailey
Joined Sep 2010
2 Posts
My battery conection broke inside the connecor. I can' fine the reciever board anywhere. Can someone help me?!
Royal air is offline Find More Posts by Royal air
Old Feb 08, 2013, 04:44 PM
United States, OH, Centerburg
Joined Dec 2012
52 Posts
Second row down:
http://www.hobbytown.com/ShopByBrand/Ares/0/AZS/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal air View Post
My battery conection broke inside the connecor. I can' fine the reciever board anywhere. Can someone help me?!
bluesman77 is offline Find More Posts by bluesman77
Old Jul 14, 2013, 06:36 AM
Joined May 2013
50 Posts
Maiden flight and review of Ares Ultra-Micro 100

My maiden flight was exciting and fun. The plane took off very easily from a 6-foot picnic table and flew amazingly well even in a light gusty breeze.

But the fun ended there. I landed softly (or so I thought) in the grass. She looked okay, but in fact was severely damaged. At first I noticed, looking through the battery connector hole, that the motor for the rudder servo had come out of its housing.

Since it appeared I only needed to put the servo motor back in its housing, I cut a small rectangular opening in the fuselage big enough to insert tweezers. After successfully putting the servo motor back in its housing, I discovered that the prop motor was slightly jammed against the fuselage. I cut a second small rectangular opening in order gently pry the motor back out into position. So far, so good.

I thought she was ready to fly again. But when I checked the controls I noticed that the rudder was not working and that the rudder servo motor was responding very erratically to the stick input. So it appears I will need to replace the entire 3-Channel, 3-in-1 Control Unit; Rx/2 SXs/ESC: UMT, which is sold as a one part at $35.99 plus shipping. But that's the easy part.

My examination of the design revealed that in order to replace any of the internal electronic or mechanical parts the entire fuselage must be sliced open lengthwise, preferably along the glue seam. In reality, this plane is NOT designed to be taken apart at all, despite the fact that parts are available.

I'm afraid that when all is said and done, she might end up being a one-flight wonder.
doug217 is offline Find More Posts by doug217
Old Jul 14, 2013, 10:39 AM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug217 View Post
My maiden flight was exciting and fun. The plane took off very easily from a 6-foot picnic table and flew amazingly well even in a light gusty breeze.

But the fun ended there. I landed softly (or so I thought) in the grass. She looked okay, but in fact was severely damaged. At first I noticed, looking through the battery connector hole, that the motor for the rudder servo had come out of its housing.

Since it appeared I only needed to put the servo motor back in its housing, I cut a small rectangular opening in the fuselage big enough to insert tweezers. After successfully putting the servo motor back in its housing, I discovered that the prop motor was slightly jammed against the fuselage. I cut a second small rectangular opening in order gently pry the motor back out into position. So far, so good.

I thought she was ready to fly again. But when I checked the controls I noticed that the rudder was not working and that the rudder servo motor was responding very erratically to the stick input. So it appears I will need to replace the entire 3-Channel, 3-in-1 Control Unit; Rx/2 SXs/ESC: UMT, which is sold as a one part at $35.99 plus shipping. But that's the easy part.

My examination of the design revealed that in order to replace any of the internal electronic or mechanical parts the entire fuselage must be sliced open lengthwise, preferably along the glue seam. In reality, this plane is NOT designed to be taken apart at all, despite the fact that parts are available.

I'm afraid that when all is said and done, she might end up being a one-flight wonder.
Cut your losses and buy a Champ.

Don't waste another dime on this.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Jul 14, 2013, 02:07 PM
Joined May 2013
50 Posts
Better yet, I'm going to cut my loses on ALL ultra-micros. Btw, the Champ has its own problems. I will NOT be wasting my hard earned money on that one either!
doug217 is offline Find More Posts by doug217
Last edited by doug217; Jul 16, 2013 at 02:19 PM.