HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 03, 2012, 10:04 PM
olllian
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Nov 2011
608 Posts
Discussion
Hangar 9 Spitfire Mk II 60 ARF

Hey guys dose anyone have this plane i am intrested in getting it and can i use Eflight retract system on it? How dose it fly? Thank you
olllian is offline Find More Posts by olllian
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2012, 04:16 AM
Melbourne Australia
Joined Aug 2010
219 Posts
Hey mate I have this plane. I love it to pieces. And it IS in pieces!
Hangar 9 Spitfire CRASH! (5 min 30 sec)

seriously though......was a great plane. GET IT! U wont regret it. I'm searching replacement parts atm or maybe just get another whole kit.

Cheers,
Michael
Maccanaut is offline Find More Posts by Maccanaut
Old Jan 04, 2012, 04:22 AM
AMA 52726
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Jun 2005
1,605 Posts
Wow... that was hard to watch at the end. Looked like it was a great flying plane!
Edge767 is offline Find More Posts by Edge767
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Artwork Applied to the Mustang
Old Jan 04, 2012, 08:43 AM
olllian
Joined Nov 2011
608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccanaut View Post
Hey mate I have this plane. I love it to pieces. And it IS in pieces!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFuETIG7hv4

seriously though......was a great plane. GET IT! U wont regret it. I'm searching replacement parts atm or maybe just get another whole kit.

Cheers,
Michael
How was the build on it?was it hard? Looks awesome.
Old Jan 04, 2012, 10:18 AM
Parkstormer!
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2010
1,979 Posts
I've also been looking at this one (I love Spits). I'd like to ask how hard the electric conversion is . . .
GradyLee is offline Find More Posts by GradyLee
Old Jan 04, 2012, 07:08 PM
olllian
Joined Nov 2011
608 Posts
I dont think its to hard! I wish the was a pool on this plane hear on RC
Old Jan 06, 2012, 11:41 AM
USA, MD, Hagerstown
Joined Jun 2009
3,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olllian View Post
I dont think its to hard! I wish the was a pool on this plane hear on RC
I love my Warbirds, but for some reason the spit is one I couldn't care less about. Still not sure why. But, I need some good karma so I did a little searching. The first link is a 30+ page thread started in 2006, but has current posts including info on the E-Flite retracts.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=595642

This is a link from another 6 post thread to how this guy did his battery hatch. Looks really nice. Saved the link for when I get the F6F.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1394370
V2rider is offline Find More Posts by V2rider
Old Jan 10, 2012, 03:34 PM
Melbourne Australia
Joined Aug 2010
219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge767 View Post
Wow... that was hard to watch at the end. Looked like it was a great flying plane!
yeah it flew sweet. Ive only had about
8 or 9 flights on it though

I started the repairs and growing more confident about having it back in the air again. The vid doesnt show how bad it was but the frame is a mess in all the important areas. The whole head has broken off in a very messy break. The wing mount is completely broken away and splintered. The wing pins are gone and that area of the wing is pulp. It'll take a lot of time and effort to get it fixed, but it will be done.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 03:38 PM
Melbourne Australia
Joined Aug 2010
219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olllian View Post
How was the build on it?was it hard? Looks awesome.
The build was the hardest i've had to do. But it wasnt hard. Its just that the flaps installation can be tricky but if u read the tips on forums like this one u'll be fine. I've built 7 nitro planes so i dont know what level of experience i'd be considered to be but i did ok i think. Just go slow.
Cheers
Old Nov 24, 2013, 07:38 AM
Pro Bro # 2398
BoonVegas, Indiana
Joined Dec 2005
686 Posts
has anyone put a gas engine on it.
GassPasser is online now Find More Posts by GassPasser
Old Nov 24, 2013, 08:42 AM
Prescott, Arizona
Joined Feb 2010
6,759 Posts
We had one at our field with a Saito 100 in it. Flew great!
TripleW is offline Find More Posts by TripleW
Old Jul 16, 2014, 01:14 PM
Joined Dec 2013
43 Posts
I have a Saito 1.25 in mine with a Keleo creations muffler, it looks great! When it comes to flying mine is hard to fly and she floats all day so landings are tricky. I have not flown mine yet, but one of the best pilots in my club has. Woundering if anyone has a theory on what is happening. Please reply,
Mike.
The Spitfire Ace is offline Find More Posts by The Spitfire Ace
Old Jul 16, 2014, 04:18 PM
Joined Jun 2008
385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spitfire Ace View Post
I have a Saito 1.25 in mine with a Keleo creations muffler, it looks great! When it comes to flying mine is hard to fly and she floats all day so landings are tricky. I have not flown mine yet, but one of the best pilots in my club has. Woundering if anyone has a theory on what is happening. Please reply,
Mike.
Mike, what is your question? I have a Saito 100 in mine, lots of power, easy take offs, flys very well and landings are as easy as take offs. I use full flaps on landing; if I don't use flaps on landing it will float a bit before settling on the mains but nothing out of the ordinary for a war bird.

Roger
ForcesR is offline Find More Posts by ForcesR
Last edited by ForcesR; Jul 16, 2014 at 04:25 PM.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 12:01 AM
Joined Dec 2013
43 Posts
Hi Roger,
my question is does anyone think I have done anything wrong on building or even with flying? I forgot to also mention on the first landing it tip stalled into a tree. Take offs with this this airplane are very tricky and the airplane goes up on a huge angle. Thanks,
Mike.
The Spitfire Ace is offline Find More Posts by The Spitfire Ace
Old Jul 17, 2014, 05:54 PM
Joined Jun 2008
385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spitfire Ace View Post
Hi Roger,
my question is does anyone think I have done anything wrong on building or even with flying? I forgot to also mention on the first landing it tip stalled into a tree. Take offs with this this airplane are very tricky and the airplane goes up on a huge angle. Thanks,
Mike.
Mike, how experienced is the best pilot at the club when it comes to flying warbirds? I would guess that there is ether to much throw on the elevators and or the pilot is applying to much up elevator on take off? Once airborne how much down trim has to be applied to the elevators to allow level flight with hands off the elevator stick? There is another cause that could responsible for the large amount of pitch up on take off, but it is not very common and it has been know to apply to some of these model H9 Spitfires. I'll wait untill you answer the questions above before I mention the other possibility.

Roger
ForcesR is offline Find More Posts by ForcesR
Last edited by ForcesR; Jul 17, 2014 at 10:19 PM.