HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 03, 2012, 12:58 PM
Joined Feb 2011
14 Posts
Discussion
Service Needed - Retract Replacement Issue

NITRO PLANES: You have not responded to my emails that I have directed to customer support so I am trying this forum. PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE! Being in need of replacing a broken retract for the NP 1400mm F4U Corsair that I have, I ordered a set of two (left and right) on Nov 25, 2011. The new retracts work, however the raise / lower function is out of sync with the wheel doors on my plane. When the gear are up, the doors remain open. When the gear is lowered, the doors then close. I know what you are thinkin'...disconnect the doors then raise or lower the gear to position properly, then reconnect the doors. Does not help...and certainly a servo reverse action on the TX will not accomplish a sync up of two functions that are out of sync to start with. It would appear that the new retracts respond to a signal opposite (e.g. servo is reversed) that of the original retracts. Nitro Planes...I need some help here. What is it that you need to assist me? Thanks.
BBLEROYB is offline Find More Posts by BBLEROYB
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2012, 03:53 PM
Joined Jul 2011
140 Posts
Hello,

Have you tried swapping the way the retract and doors plug in to the sequencer?

Danny
NitroTechnician is offline Find More Posts by NitroTechnician
Old Jan 04, 2012, 08:29 AM
Joined Feb 2011
14 Posts
Seems like I tried that but will check again to verify. I'll post a reply as to my results. Thanks for your reply.
Old Jan 05, 2012, 07:32 AM
Joined Feb 2011
14 Posts
Okay...here is the result. Reversing the sequencer connections simply makes the functions work opposite each other, e.g. the doors close FIRST, then the wheels want to come up against the closed doors. No surprise here. Back to the original problem...the retract struts are working to an opposite signal (reversed) from that of the original retracts that came with the plane. When the gear are down, the doors close, and when the doors open, the gear go up. A work around to this is to disconnect the sequencer and plug the doors separately into another channel (6). This will require a Tx/Rx that is more than the 5 channel that comes with the plane, and separate actions (remembering of course which one comes first) to 1 - open doors, and 2-lower gear and vice versa. Why should I have to do this? Replacement retracts should be the same as the original. I paid over $60 for the parts and shipping for something that does not work right. It would appear there is no technical solution to this problem. Nitro Planes - please advise.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 04:10 PM
Joined Feb 2011
14 Posts
Customer support...where are you?????
Old Jan 12, 2012, 09:09 PM
Joined Jul 2011
140 Posts
Hello,

Did you purchase the ARF or RTF version?

Danny
Old Jan 13, 2012, 10:29 AM
Joined Feb 2011
14 Posts
Thanks for checking in Danny. I purchased the RTF version (F4U Corsair 1400mm) about a year ago. The retracts you sent me in my order # 1467907 Nov 25, 2011 have reverse polarity to the originals thus my issues above. I don't see a solution here except to return these in exchange for a pair that someone can verify has opposite polarity of the ones from this order. Do you have an email whereby I might correspond directly with you on this issue? All my emails to NP customer support have gone unanswered.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 08:49 PM
United States, CA, Industry
Joined Jan 2011
592 Posts
Tech supervisor

BBLEROYB,
I have forwarded this thread and situation to our tech supervisor's personal email. We do not operate on the weekends so you should get a response no later than Monday evening. We do apologize for the delayed response, our phone lines and emails have been backed up due to the after holiday season chaos. Thanks for the patience and we hope to get this resolved asap!

QUOTE=BBLEROYB;20410902]Thanks for checking in Danny. I purchased the RTF version (F4U Corsair 1400mm) about a year ago. The retracts you sent me in my order # 1467907 Nov 25, 2011 have reverse polarity to the originals thus my issues above. I don't see a solution here except to return these in exchange for a pair that someone can verify has opposite polarity of the ones from this order. Do you have an email whereby I might correspond directly with you on this issue? All my emails to NP customer support have gone unanswered.[/QUOTE]
Nitro_Nancy is offline Find More Posts by Nitro_Nancy
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 23, 2012, 01:28 PM
Joined Jul 2011
140 Posts
BBLEROYB

Sorry for any inconvenience. Let me go ahead and ship you a replacement set of retracts. If this issue still occurs, there is probably something wrong with the sequencer on board.

Michael
Technical Support Manager
Old Jan 31, 2012, 07:27 AM
Joined Feb 2011
14 Posts
Thanks for the gesture, unfortunately these work the same as the ones I ordered in November, with reverse polarity. Nothing is wrong with the sequencer. Something has happened in your manufacturing process to change this. I still have one good retract from my original corsair RTF order that operates properly in conjunction with the doors. The ones you have sent do not work the same. It seems I am forced to find a work around to this problem (e.g. take the doors off). I am very disappointed in the fact of investing in parts that do not work as originals. For all those of you reading this thread who have purchased the 1400mm Corsair RTF early on...BEWARE if you need to replace the retracts.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 02:24 PM
Joined Jul 2011
140 Posts
I'm sorry about that. If you like I can process a return and refund on this.

I did check on the retracts and it has change slightly but it still works just as fine, I'm not too sure what is wrong with the ones we sent.

Michael
Technical Support Manager