SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 02, 2012, 02:26 PM
Joined Jan 2012
7 Posts
Discussion
help me please with my hpi nitro rs4 rtr 3 evo

This was brought for me as a present for xmas it was running perfect until 3 days ago it is now flooding engine and will not start I have changed all the following: glow plug, pull start, cylinder gasket, exhaust gasket, exhaust coupling, fuel line, spur gears have also been changed since iv had it. Someone please help me im out of ideas
dazNnic is offline Find More Posts by dazNnic
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2012, 07:24 PM
Kowalski !.....Options
USA, MI, Hastings
Joined Jan 2007
2,439 Posts
Make sure there is not an air leak Check all the bolts and make sure they are tight. Go back to the factory settings in the manual. What is the temperature where your at? Tuning will change every day depending on humidity and temp. If you getting to much fuel lean it in a bit. Clear out the cylinder by turning the engine over with out the glow plug in it. Prime it and try to start it.Check the seal on the fuel tank make sure it's not leaking. Mae sure you have a full charge on the glow starter.
mredzadventure is offline Find More Posts by mredzadventure
Old Jan 05, 2012, 02:22 PM
Joined Jan 2012
7 Posts
Hi have done all that and still no joy any more ideas? :/ anyone???? Please
Old Jan 06, 2012, 03:45 AM
Joined Jun 2008
735 Posts
make sure the airfilter is clean and not clogged

trying leaning the engine out a lil.

if it has a three needle carb you Must learn how to tune it.

if it has a low speed needle it may be open too much drowning the engine out.

You tube is your friend.
search how to tune a nitro engine

how to leak test a nitro engine
redlined_b16a is offline Find More Posts by redlined_b16a
Old Jan 08, 2012, 10:42 AM
Joined Jan 2012
7 Posts
Right thanks guys have sorted the flooded engine by adjusting the needles the problem I have now is petrol is spitting out of the cylinder head I have just replaced the underhead, gasket for cylinder, and glow plug and washer any ideas share wrong now? Much appreciation )
Old Jan 08, 2012, 01:26 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,495 Posts
remember it a balance between air and fuel start 2 and half turns out on the high ( big one ) and 2 on the low ( small one ) it should start then tune from there . remember hydro locking the motor will cause you to damage it and running it to lean will also damage it . i also suggest the u tube tuning guide .
rcphreak is offline Find More Posts by rcphreak
Old Jan 09, 2012, 05:44 PM
Joined Jan 2012
7 Posts
now my car has just practically eaten a brand new set of gears in the space of 20 mins any ideas y????
Old Jan 09, 2012, 06:34 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,495 Posts
eaten gears how if it does not run ??
if the gears are turning while trying to start it its the clutch that is bad .
if it ate the gears while running you may have not reste them sfter running it a bit . please explain what happened ( exactly ) thanks .
Old Jan 09, 2012, 06:36 PM
Kowalski !.....Options
USA, MI, Hastings
Joined Jan 2007
2,439 Posts
Check your gear mesh check to see if the engine is aligned properly. Check all the screws to make sure none have come loose
mredzadventure is offline Find More Posts by mredzadventure
Old Jan 10, 2012, 12:44 AM
Joined Jan 2012
7 Posts
I got the car running after adjusting the fuel needle although as I said fuel is still spitting out of cylinder head had it running for 20mins when the cars gears got spun out when I looked and picked car up there were 2 stones that fell out from where gears are is it possible the stones have done this???????? The teeth of the spur gears now have flat spots :/
Old Jan 10, 2012, 08:09 AM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,934 Posts
Yep, stones could definitely have done that.
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Jan 10, 2012, 04:50 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,495 Posts
fuel is spitting out of the head gaskett ?? or when you remove the plug ???
if the gaskett replace it with a new one as air leaks are bad too much air will make it run lean . lean being not enfugh fuel to air and if lean enfugh will melt the piston think of a cutting torch .
if when the plug is removed that is normal it needs fuel in order to run .
engine temps sould be no more than 250 and thats at the high side i prefer more in the 200 range at any time if you dont have a heat detection device spit on it it should bubble for a second or so but not immideatly evaporate . if it does its too hot needs more fuel wich is out on the big needle . and dont move any needle more than 1/4 turn at any time . adjust it run it for 2-3 min recheck temp only adjust the little one if it will not start or if it will not idle . it should idle for a bit with out loading up if not then screw it in until it does .
remember where the tempature is right may not be the fastest but it will save the motor . if you feel the need for more speed you can up the gearing or buy a faster motor .
Old Jan 12, 2012, 01:48 PM
Joined Jan 2012
7 Posts
Thank you
Old Jan 12, 2012, 01:52 PM
Joined Jan 2012
7 Posts
Hi all just wondering on the rs4 evo is there any kind of guard I can put over the hole in the chassis underneath the gears so stones dont keep ruining my gears???
Old Jan 12, 2012, 06:23 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazNnic View Post
Hi all just wondering on the rs4 evo is there any kind of guard I can put over the hole in the chassis underneath the gears so stones dont keep ruining my gears???
actualy the tires kick the stones into the chassis and they escape through the holes ( thats why they are there ) if you plug it the rocks will have no place to go except for inside the chassis starting the cycle agin . best to use a leaf blower on the surface before running on it . or a broom if one is not available .