HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 04, 2003, 07:16 PM
Hooked Heli Human
Western NC
Joined Dec 2002
1,556 Posts
ahh corona hovering is so relaxing

today I met some guys that fly nitro raptors and xcell helicopters..and one heli I am not sure the name but its got an actual gas motor on it with pull start underneath... sweet.. he is from another forum.. runryder.. another forum that i visit daily. i tell you what those collective pitch big helis sure can move. This guy can do 3d anything.. awesome.. i cant wait to see the collective pitch setup that chopperhedz are working on for the corona.. i definately want one of those now anyways got all syched.. came home and took my corona out.. last few days I have been able to hover thru a few packs.. the weather has been cooperating.. im training gear free right now .. doing pirouettes either way.. left.. and right... circles around me.. no problem.. i finally got RealFlight G2 so I am going to start practicing everynight at side-in and nose-in since thats the only thing I dont have much confidence in just yet.. but man.. its so relaxing taking the corona out in the front of the house and hover around

anyone else having good times with their corona lately?
gmaster is offline Find More Posts by gmaster
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2003, 08:27 AM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
Having a good time.

Hey Gmaster, Good to hear your training gear free now. I having a great time with my Heli. Ive put all my mechanics back on my gas chassis. While I liked the electric version, I had only one battery. I had to wait about 40 minutes for it to charge and flew for about six or seven minutes. Now Im living in a place running a gas engine wont disturb anyone. I just gas and go. on my V-7 Im getting around 10 minutes. I shot a few 15 sec videos of some Fast forward flying with my hughes 500 canopy on. My son had a hard time keeping up with it. He was manning the camera. There are a few differences Ive noticed when flying gas and electric. The electrics rotor turns at a faster RPM, also its slightly faster mainly because of the heavier weight and crash damage is a little more. The Gas version is a little more quicker in turning, lighter and suffers less in a crack up. My opinion they both are great fliers. Im trying to do more precision maneuvers like flying between objects like trees and things. The other day I lost sight of my heli behind a tree and it was in a dive. All i could do was pull back on the stick and hope for the best. Well It didnt crash and I managed to keep from hitting some wires and crashing into a shed, which was a miracle. i still cant believe I didnt wreck. I had my Heli doing a jig trying to get out of the predicament it was in. Im thinking about setting up a limbo rig or try to fly through a hula hoop. Yep, Cant you see the carnage ?
darthdrk is offline Find More Posts by darthdrk
Old Oct 05, 2003, 11:26 AM
Hooked Heli Human
Western NC
Joined Dec 2002
1,556 Posts
haha.. i hear yah... TomViper has some killer videos of some limbo and other corona games he has devised..
gmaster is offline Find More Posts by gmaster