HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 01, 2012, 07:17 PM
Copperopolis, CA
Joined Sep 2003
1,008 Posts
Discussion
After Naza upgrade motors won't start

All was well. My Naza kit worked & flew well. Then I noticed an Assistant Software & Firmware upgrade to take me from Assistant 1.0 to 1.1 and Firmware 0.1 to 1.02. Downloaded, installed, recalibrated the Tx, verified the firmware change in the Assistant.

Went out to give it a try and the motors won't start. Tried several CSC commands---nothing. Redid firmware upgrade and Tx recalibration several times. No luck. Verified the Rx is working.

I'm sure it's something stupid I did (or didn't do), but I can't figure out what. Doesn't appear I can backtrack to the older firmware version, so I don't know where to go from here.

Any thoughts or ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jack
jforkner is offline Find More Posts by jforkner
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2012, 08:00 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jforkner View Post
All was well. My Naza kit worked & flew well. Then I noticed an Assistant Software & Firmware upgrade to take me from Assistant 1.0 to 1.1 and Firmware 0.1 to 1.02. Downloaded, installed, recalibrated the Tx, verified the firmware change in the Assistant.

Went out to give it a try and the motors won't start. Tried several CSC commands---nothing. Redid firmware upgrade and Tx recalibration several times. No luck. Verified the Rx is working.

I'm sure it's something stupid I did (or didn't do), but I can't figure out what. Doesn't appear I can backtrack to the older firmware version, so I don't know where to go from here.

Any thoughts or ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jack
Got similar situation in the field the other day. It turns out my tx is triggering failsafe, problem solved after corresponding dial was returned to neutral position.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old Jan 01, 2012, 08:12 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,682 Posts
Fajar, doing the upgrade does require resetting your settings in Assistant.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=10
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Jan 01, 2012, 08:20 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Fajar, doing the upgrade does require resetting your settings in Assistant.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=10
Thx for reminding me on that, ed. Havent done the upgrade but I will in the next few days.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old Jan 02, 2012, 06:45 AM
Copperopolis, CA
Joined Sep 2003
1,008 Posts
Mea Culpa. Mea Culpa
Operator error! I had to reverse the Elevator Channel in the Assistant software. The motors start as they should.

I had flown the quad a half dozen times (and once just prior to the upgrade), and "thought" i knew all the settings when using the old firmware. I'm using a Futaba transmitter and knew I had to reverse the throttle (which I did in the radio, not the software); I "thought" the other channels were all set to NORM. In reading the Users Manual for the umpteenth time, I noted "Elevator: Slide left is craft back, slide right is craft front." This makes sense and was how it worked before; but I didn't remember reversing the channel to achieve it. And I had assumed all the old settings would carry over after the upgrade, so I didn't verify everything as I should have.

My only excuse is I turn 69 in 3 weeks and my memory sucks. A poor excuse, true, but it's the only one I've got.

Thanks to all who offered advice. A frustrating experience for sure, but I did learn a couple things...RTFM (read the #$%@! manual) and if everything is working, don't upgrade.

Jack
jforkner is offline Find More Posts by jforkner