HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2012, 10:59 PM
Snappy Title On Backorder....
United States, TX, Killeen
Joined Jun 2011
1,065 Posts
I've got an X4 mounted in a case with a Maxamps 47amp power supply and it's my favorite setup for the ~2200mah packs everyone including myself seems to have a pile of. I bought the setup shortly before the AC/DC version came out but I've run the heck out of it. Can't go wrong with either version IMHO. My setup was $159 for the charger and another $80 for the PS. The only issue I've run into is charging bigger packs. I use 5000mah 3s packs in one of my planes but only 50w per channel the best it'll do is 4.4amps which is less than 1c so they take a long time to charge. I just bought a pair of the X2 chargers to take care of that.
tsymonds is offline Find More Posts by tsymonds
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2012, 01:36 AM
Welcome to the Wind
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jan 2008
208 Posts
well after having the charger all day today i just placed a order for one at advantage hobby and got it for $201.00 great charger works like 4 chargers in one and i like it...the other one clone the Q6 AC/DC i found for 200.00 but i rather get the hitec on as it comes with a 1yr warranty from hitec and they do have a great customer service dept ,,the Q6 AC/DC is 30 day warranty
o2begrn is offline Find More Posts by o2begrn
Old Jan 30, 2012, 05:36 AM
Go 4th Air Force
United States, PA, Washington
Joined Sep 2011
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcovish View Post
What are your questions?
The biggest questions I had were around connecting the batteries I have to the charger and then around a power supply I have

I have several examples of this battery and this battery. Can I plug the balancing leads directly into the Hitec charger? If not, do I need extra copies of the adapters they supply with it? if so, which one?

The second question was whether this power supply would be ok to use.
pmacko is offline Find More Posts by pmacko
Old Jan 30, 2012, 05:41 AM
Joined Jan 2004
2,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by o2begrn View Post
the Q6 AC/DC is 30 day warranty
Depends where you buy it. We offer a full 1 year warranty on all the Vista Power chargers.

RC Accessory, Inc
Auth US Bantam Charger Importer & Service Center
Auth US Vista Power Charger Importer
RC Accessory is offline Find More Posts by RC Accessory
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 30, 2012, 08:08 AM
Austin TX
Joined Jun 2008
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmacko View Post
The biggest questions I had were around connecting the batteries I have to the charger and then around a power supply I have

I have several examples of this battery and this battery. Can I plug the balancing leads directly into the Hitec charger? If not, do I need extra copies of the adapters they supply with it? if so, which one?

The second question was whether this power supply would be ok to use.
Both the batteries you link to will plug directly into the balance of the X4
bcovish is offline Find More Posts by bcovish
Old Jan 30, 2012, 08:31 AM
Welcome to the Wind
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jan 2008
208 Posts
well there you go both have the same warranty good to know
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Accessory View Post
Depends where you buy it. We offer a full 1 year warranty on all the Vista Power chargers.

RC Accessory, Inc
Auth US Bantam Charger Importer & Service Center
Auth US Vista Power Charger Importer
o2begrn is offline Find More Posts by o2begrn
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:15 AM
Denver CO
Joined Apr 2008
2,085 Posts
I purchased one of these chargers at the LHS $219.00, it smoked in less then 2 minutes of charging a single 2s battery.
It was exchanged no problem at the same LHS.

Now 36 days have passed and while chargeing a pair of 3s an open port that had nothing hooked up to it beeps out "Reverse Polarity"
Ummm,Nothings connected to it??
I shut it all down, fire it back up, "Reverse Polarity" pops out!
Now i own a Hitec 3X Ac Plus instead of 4x. Now they want me to ship it to them at my own cost.

Long story short,
!!!Dont buy this charger!!!
D_FAST is offline Find More Posts by D_FAST
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Dassualt Alpha Jet
Old Apr 14, 2012, 08:45 AM
Pleasanton, California
Joined Nov 2000
718 Posts
Sorry to hear about you bad experience....I've had it a week now...probably charged and balanced 20 packs..
for me....
This charger works like a charm....every thing i need....i do NOT like the programming....but as time goes on...it probably will make more sense...for now....
I'm a real happy camper!
Ralph Matile
rpm3 is offline Find More Posts by rpm3
Old Apr 15, 2012, 08:36 PM
Pleasanton, California
Joined Nov 2000
718 Posts
I have used the charger to balance packs and did 4 at a time...WOW..this works like a dream...also...I have all my packs in "storage" mode....and i didn't realize i had so many....
I do have some without balancing plugs.....and a few 3 cell tanic packs that i should make a connector for.... anyone have any instructions on that?...i can probably figure it out if need be...

again..so far...this charger has been working like a charm...and if it continues...I'd highly recommend it for someone who has packs 3 cell, 2500mah and smaller...
Thats all I have for the most part...so this is sure hitting the "sweet spot" for me!
Ralph Matile
Old Apr 22, 2012, 08:58 PM
Pleasanton, California
Joined Nov 2000
718 Posts
I continue to have good luck with this charger....my only challenge at the moment is to pair the balance plug with a few of the older batteries i have....

I can highly recommend this charger...its my first balancing charger...and to be able to charge AND charge to storage level is fantastic....

Ralph Matile
Old Apr 23, 2012, 01:53 PM
Doug
New Hampshire
Joined May 2008
39 Posts
thanks for your post's ralph. i've been looking to upgrade too and i think the X4 is what i need. i may go to the X4 eighty due to the larger wattage capacity. glad you started this conversation. it helped me a lot.
roibmw is offline Find More Posts by roibmw
Old May 17, 2012, 08:32 PM
Pleasanton, California
Joined Nov 2000
718 Posts
Glad the posts help....
I continue to have good luck with my charger Hitec X4 AC ....i still get messed up a bit on the programming....but i used to have to balance each cell before I charged a pack.....and NEVER left them at the right voltage for longer term storage....now....i literally have saved hours in the charging process.....
Have a great day!
Ralph Matile
Old Jun 03, 2012, 04:27 PM
Scratch building addict
United States, CA, Felton
Joined Jan 2005
660 Posts
Well looking at the chasis and layout it looks exactly like the thunder 4-port charger which I completely wasted my money on. These button "pads" are very trouble-prone. Mine lasted about 6 weeks, of course past the return period on the vendor, and thunder did NOTHING to help me. Hitec is of course a better name but I would strictly advice against purchasing this charger.
rotagen is offline Find More Posts by rotagen
Old Jun 03, 2012, 06:44 PM
Pleasanton, California
Joined Nov 2000
718 Posts
Well Rotogen....
My tastes in chargers may not be as sophisticated as yours...because i skipped a couple of charger types with this purchase.....its my first charger that balances.and also charges in a storage state...4 packs at a time!!....so this by far for me is great..i may not be giving it the workout you do either...but so far....its does everything i need..and does it well....
I will watch it closely for the issues you have surfaced....
thanks
Ralph Matile
Old Jun 03, 2012, 09:44 PM
SoCal, California
Joined Feb 2009
105 Posts
FWIW, I've had this charger for ~6 months and I absolutely love it! I use it for my 2S 4000/5000mAh LiPos.
PMDRACER is offline Find More Posts by PMDRACER