HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by leccyflyer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 02:22 PM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,623 Posts
Discussion
End of the year - 2011 -workshop chaos

So, it's the end of the year 2011.

Weather and work commitments have meant no flying for a couple of months and the workroom hasn't been touched either. I've made the commitment to take part in (and hopefully attend) the RCM&E 2012 Vintage Build and Fly-in at Greenacres. That means finger-out time and retrieve the Mini Super from it's position towards the top of the overflow kit mountain in the next few weeks.

A mega tidy up is in order first though, just to be able to see the surface of the work bench. As a record, and in advance of some New Year Revolutions, it was time to take a few shots of the current state of the workroom. The last set of resolutions, aiming to fly as many of the featured airframes during the year was a bit of a damp squib. Maybe this time, without setting an actual target, more of them will see air over their wings, including some of those in boxes.

Hopefully by this time next year the kit mountain will have diminished somewhat, there will be more airframes hanging up, and a clearer bench. Yeah, right.
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2011, 05:38 PM
Australia, WA, Kalgoorlie
Joined Apr 2011
1,427 Posts
I love it- looks just like my space! Yep, that's one of my new year's resolutions as well.

I think I can spot three Balsacraft kits- one on the bench and two hanging down?

All the best for the new year, and good luck with the clean up!

Odd
wizard of odd is online now Find More Posts by wizard of odd
Old Dec 31, 2011, 06:02 PM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,623 Posts
You've got a good eye sir There is indeed a BC FW-190 on the bench and a Spitfire and Bearcat hanging from the ceiling. There's also another Spitfire, a Blenheim and Hurricane in the cupboard. plus another FW190 and Hurricane kit BNIB in the kit mountain, and another FW-190 on top of the filing cabinet. I do like Balsacraft kits...

Happy New Year
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Dec 31, 2011, 09:35 PM
Australia, WA, Kalgoorlie
Joined Apr 2011
1,427 Posts
You lucky fish! Wealth can truly be measured in terms of BC kits.
I've done all of them except for the Spit (even working on a 60" scaled up Bearcat), and IMO the Sea Fury is the best flier of them all. The Butcher Bird was my second scale model- it was jazzed up with so much scale detail that it ended up horribly tail heavy and was never flown!

Good luck with the clean-up. I'm still in denial.... the original "Pro"crastinator.

Odd

Edit: Here's my mess- can't even walk in there anymore. I dragged the BC goodies out of the kit mountain (bedroom closet, hehe) just too keep up with the Cull... er, Joneses!
wizard of odd is online now Find More Posts by wizard of odd
Last edited by wizard of odd; Dec 31, 2011 at 09:54 PM.
Old Jan 07, 2012, 09:08 PM
Canada, BC, Penticton
Joined Oct 2010
114 Posts
Thats hilarious, and I thought I had a problem finding things.
Don't set your key's down.
mrrandyman is offline Find More Posts by mrrandyman