SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 31, 2011, 09:11 AM
Joined Dec 2011
72 Posts
Question
DOUBLE HORSE 9116 if you please!

It seems that with some helicopters that after they are on the market for a while, I see that there are upgraded parts available for them. Like some parts in the blade movement area that are now made of aluminum. Could that possibly happen to the Double Horse 9116? Or is it possible to find after market parts to do this? Or is that not in the right league. Please just wanting to know. Thanks…
rcwatchman is offline Find More Posts by rcwatchman
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2011, 10:15 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,471 Posts
It could certainly use upgrades more than any heli I've seen in quite a while. There are several factors working against it, though:

1. It's main attraction is it's cheap! The people who buy this aren't going to spend a lot on upgrades.

2. Too many things need upgrading. By the time you replace everything it needs you could have bought a lot better heli.

3. Marginal electronics. Nobody is going to take a chance with anything that risks blowing the PCB.

4. It's obsolete. It uses technology and components everyone else is leaving, which accounts for it's price. It's not an attractive window for introducing new accessories.

For example, they use old Walkera style motors that have alloy fingers for brushes. These fingers lose tension very quickly when exposed to any heat. When they lose tension, they arc and create more heat. They run 3.7 volts, too. The combination means there isn't anything you can replace them with unless you go to brushless, which would be an expensive and difficult conversion, that introduces other problems that need addressing.

Upgrading any heli is usually not cost effective. Unless it's a unique product, that can't be replaced, you are always better off buying something else. Of course, most hobbyists ignore this fact, myself included. Even if it's crap, you feel compelled to do something with it!
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Last edited by Balr14; Dec 31, 2011 at 11:36 AM.
Old Jan 01, 2012, 06:16 PM
Joined Dec 2011
72 Posts
I Am Done
rcwatchman is offline Find More Posts by rcwatchman
Last edited by rcwatchman; Jan 01, 2012 at 07:30 PM.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:54 PM
Joined Oct 2012
11 Posts
9116 upgrades

Oh my friends, it is not only possible to do upgrades for the DH 9116, but I have done it. Check out my website I have just put out an upgrade kit for it with a super powerful main motor, upgraded super powerful tail motor and a very powerful battery to power it all. The whole kit is only $45 and it is a fine investment. You can get a better heli instead of upgrade, but you know what, I like the 9116, it's fun because the parts are cheap and you don't mind if you break it, so that enables you to push the envelope and drastically improve your skills as a pilot. I am focusing all my attention on the 9116 right now, I have some amazing things coming out in the next month or so as well, check us out we would love to get you all set up! Oi!

http://www.rchelicopterrepairservice.com/Upgrades.html
skullywack is offline Find More Posts by skullywack
Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:31 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,471 Posts
Resurrecting a topic that's 10 months old to push your products is SPAM. If I see you post in one more topic, I'm reporting you.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:45 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,252 Posts
Upgrade kit is almost what the heli goes for. Cheap sells. Get a V911 RTF and fly with a good bird. It can take a hit and hold up well.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:35 PM
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skullywack View Post
Oh my friends, it is not only possible to do upgrades for the DH 9116, but I have done it. Check out my website I have just put out an upgrade kit for it with a super powerful main motor, upgraded super powerful tail motor and a very powerful battery to power it all. The whole kit is only $45 and it is a fine investment. You can get a better heli instead of upgrade, but you know what, I like the 9116, it's fun because the parts are cheap and you don't mind if you break it, so that enables you to push the envelope and drastically improve your skills as a pilot. I am focusing all my attention on the 9116 right now, I have some amazing things coming out in the next month or so as well, check us out we would love to get you all set up! Oi!

http://www.rchelicopterrepairservice.com/Upgrades.html
Why are you spamming multiple 9116 threads with a 3times overpriced - "nobody needs it" - product searching for fools with more money than brain.
Please stop spamming like directsource4U - Offer it in the right category ONCE and wait.
regards
-mike-
mikefromgermany is offline Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member