HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 09, 2012, 06:08 AM
USA
Joined Apr 2007
2,391 Posts
great job. glad to see it work. I would try larger prop cut down it should give more surface at tip. I know its hard to after it fly's
space 1 is offline Find More Posts by space 1
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2012, 08:49 PM
Los Angeles Van Nuys, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
1,111 Posts
Viggen in balsa (mostly)

I have to thank Fitz for inspiration and great help to start with this project.
I started my own first serious scratch build and I am having really good time using Zirolli plans and modydying them to my needs and taste.
I wanted to do this model little bit less "boxy" and add some "scale" features rounding the intakes, avoiding the cheatting hole, creating intake ducts, adding the retracts and most likely working canards. I am planning on keeping the aileron size as by the plans and getting serious
flaps on the rest of the wing.
The propulsion will be from 70mm HET fan with 2W-20 and 4 cells.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated!
Janusz
Janusz Jawien is offline Find More Posts by Janusz Jawien
Old Apr 05, 2012, 10:08 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,621 Posts
looking good JJ
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Apr 05, 2012, 10:31 PM
United States, IL, Edwardsville
Joined Dec 2011
245 Posts
Looks great! I am anxious to see how that fan works. Also interested in what your finished weight will be.
flyingfitz737 is offline Find More Posts by flyingfitz737
Old Apr 05, 2012, 11:34 PM
Los Angeles Van Nuys, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
1,111 Posts
Thank you guys !
Sure shot that this thing will not be light like Roger's Draken, the balsa I used were mostly
crappy "lumber" from Michales that I inherited from my friend.
I will try to keep the weight reasonable by flying on a smaller pack at least to begin with.
I am not interested in speed demon ...just a nice and easy flying model... the delta wing should give me that.
Any advice about the finish will be very helpful for me. I want to glass the front portion of the fuse and cover the wings with light covering then cover it lightly with Duplicolor grey primer -
then go from there with some high contrast to be able to keep eye on the model...
Janusz Jawien is offline Find More Posts by Janusz Jawien