HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Ren DiLeo, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 05:21 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Oct 2003
148 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
For Sale
Piper - High tech TD ship

This particular ship was built by Mark Miller ready to fly for a friend of mine who has since passed. It is in pristine condition, no dings or chips. All up weight 3 lbs 15 oz. 690.00 plus shipping.
Ren
rdent4885@sbcglobal.net

This High-Tech TD Competition Glider is manufactured from the finest materials, making it possible to achieve a weight saving of almost 400 gm when compared to other FTD models.
The Piper fuselage is constructed from a special Carbon / Kevlar cloth to produce an extremely strong and light fuselage. An electric fuselage is available with a removable nose cone complete with integrated battery holder. The three-piece wings ensure the model is easy to transport. The tip panels are constructed in an open rib structure of selected balsa. Each rib is fitted with a carbon cap strip. The Carbon / Kevlar D-Box and Carbon Spars combine to produce an extremely strong, stable and rigid wing. The tip panels are covered in Ultracote Lite producing a wing of extremely low weight, which would be extremely difficult for the private model builder to achieve. An outstanding competition model, which is suitable for the expert and the sport pilot.

Wingspan: 315 cm (122-3/4")
Length: 148 cm (60-1/2")
Wing profile: MH-32
Stab profile: NACA 63 A009
Kit Weight: 1150 g
Ren DiLeo is offline Find More Posts by Ren DiLeo
Last edited by Ren DiLeo; Dec 30, 2011 at 05:27 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2011, 06:23 PM
St. Louis, MO
Joined Oct 2002
2,716 Posts
Trader Rating: 55
I remember that Piper well. It is a very nice plane and flies well too.

Mark Miller
Mark Miller is offline Find More Posts by Mark Miller
Old Dec 30, 2011, 09:36 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Oct 2003
148 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Good eye Mark,
I remember the day Dr Fogel brought it to Torrey Pines. I launched it for him.
It flew majestically. He let me have the sticks for a while; it flew itself in the clean lift.
It is a beautiful ship.
Ren
Ren DiLeo is offline Find More Posts by Ren DiLeo