HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 30, 2011, 04:43 PM
Joined Dec 2011
2 Posts
Help!
Need a little help with my 9053 Volitation please?

So I have a 9053 Volitation. Its been an ok heli, I have been doing mods to it, the ones recommended online that I've seen, including flipping the lower blade mount, and adding more surface area to the rear blade to help with more lift.

The problem: Yesterday I was flying it, and the mods helped this heli maneuver really well compared to before. So I felt more confident in getting it higher off the ground. I was probably about 25-30ft in the air when a sudden gust of wind came, causing a blade strike and making it take a nose dive straight to its face.

So a busted canopy, battery mount, and one side of the plastic mount that holds the circuit board is cracked through. So I repair these things and try to fly it, all it wants to do is spin circles. The trim on the controller will get it to stop, but it has to be way adjusted to the left, compared to before when the trim was pretty much dialed in the center. The other problem is its not very controllable anymore, when you hit the joystick to turn, it just continues to turn, and you can not recover it, you can counter steer, and then it is out of control in the other direction.

I have taken all the mechanical pieces apart, nothing is bent or damaged...

So I'm guessing the circuit board took a direct blow and damaged something? It doesn't look visibly damaged, but you can never tell with electronics.

What do you all think?

Thank you for any help or ideas that you can give me.
noylekul is offline Find More Posts by noylekul
Last edited by noylekul; Dec 30, 2011 at 06:27 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2011, 05:58 PM
Joined Dec 2011
2 Posts
Well it looks like I have answered my own question after extensive searching online.

Found out what on the circuit board is actually the gyro, and when I removed the shrink wrap on the gyro, it just fell off the circuit board it was attached to. looks like it took a hard enough hit to break the gyro loose from the little piece of circuit board it was attached to.

Looks like a new circuit board will need to be ordered.
noylekul is offline Find More Posts by noylekul
Old May 16, 2012, 04:11 PM
Joined May 2012
11 Posts
You found where the gyro is? That's great! Could you specify a little bit where it is please? Thank you.
rchelichap is offline Find More Posts by rchelichap