HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 30, 2011, 03:38 PM
Electric foamy flyer
Chandler, Arizona
Joined Apr 2010
306 Posts
Help!
Hitec Optic 6 2.4 Sport Problem. HELP

Today my Hitec Optic 6 2.4 Sport radio is acting funny. When i plugged in my 7.2v lipo, I accidently plugged in the polarity backwards, turned it on, quickly turned it off, then fixed the plug, and thats when the problem started.

I Turn Tx on and then Rx on the plane, I get a connection beep from the tx and lights indicate a link. However all the servos shoot in one direction and stop, also the motor makes a few beeps i have never heard. No control surface or motor response. If i go into programing and adjust the Sub Trim of the servos, they respond to the adjustment but still no stick movement response. Also I believe most Program mixes etc... do work.

I have re-Binded the receivers and tried it on different airplanes and my Heli. same problem. Could this be a factor: When i plugged in my 7.2v lipo, I accidently plugged in the polarity backwards, turned it on, quickly turned it off, then fixed it, and thats when the problem started.

What can i do? is my radio fried? can i get a warrenty? Also i did not purchase this radio, i won it in a contest.

Thanks for the help

Daniel
fly Frontier is offline Find More Posts by fly Frontier
Last edited by fly Frontier; Dec 30, 2011 at 05:23 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2011, 06:47 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly Frontier View Post
Today my Hitec Optic 6 2.4 Sport radio is acting funny. When i plugged in my 7.2v lipo, I accidently plugged in the polarity backwards, turned it on, quickly turned it off, then fixed the plug, and thats when the problem started. I Turn Tx on and then Rx on the plane, I get a connection beep from the tx and lights indicate a link. However all the servos shoot in one direction and stop, also the motor makes a few beeps i have never heard. No control surface or motor response. If i go into programing and adjust the Sub Trim of the servos, they respond to the adjustment but still no stick movement response. Also I believe most Program mixes etc... do work. I have re-Binded the receivers and tried it on different airplanes and my Heli. same problem. Could this be a factor: When i plugged in my 7.2v lipo, I accidently plugged in the polarity backwards, turned it on, quickly turned it off, then fixed it, and thats when the problem started What can i do? is my radio fried? can i get a warrenty? Also i did not purchase this radio, i won it in a contest. Thanks for the help Daniel

Crospost answered : Hitec Optic 6 Sport - Reversed polarity on manufacturers forum.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links (quick search = Ctrl+F)
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.