HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 30, 2011, 04:05 PM
Lewis Center, OH
Joined Oct 2005
412 Posts
Alert
Ripped off by Hobby Partz

I purchased 2 6s 4000 Gens Ace in late October. One pack arrived reading 12v with a dead cell and 2 others reading 2v. I followed their RMA process and returned the pack in November. It has been over 6 weeks now and I'm still waiting. I have sent over a dozen emails and opened at least 3 online support cases and all have been ignored. Now the 6s 4000 packs are not even listed on their website so not only am I out the $$ for the defective pack but I have a worthless 6s 4000 since they were going to be used in a 12s setup.

Also, during my request for the RMA I was told I had a one time pack return opportunity. Whether that was once per customer or once per pack I can't say. Bottomline is their support sucks and I will make sure anyone posting about their packs is fully aware of it.
GoBucks is offline Find More Posts by GoBucks
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2011, 04:55 PM
Joined Jul 2011
52 Posts
Dear GoBucks,

Sorry to hear this, please provide your order number so we can check your order and get this resolved.

Thanks for your patience.

Sincerely,
RaidenAlbert
RaidenAlbert is offline Find More Posts by RaidenAlbert
Old Dec 31, 2011, 12:24 PM
Lewis Center, OH
Joined Oct 2005
412 Posts
My RMA # is 1435653.
GoBucks is offline Find More Posts by GoBucks
Old Jan 03, 2012, 01:07 PM
Joined Jul 2011
52 Posts
Dear GoBucks,

We have just sent you an Email, please check and looking forward to your reply! Thank you.

Sincerely,
RaidenAlbert
Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:34 PM
Mesa, AZ
Joined Oct 2007
150 Posts
I've normally had great experiences with Hobby Partz, but I also have a problem with a charger I just purchased and can't get anyone to reply there. I ordered a Thunder AC680 and it won't power up. I guess I'll be patient.
flyboyt is online now Find More Posts by flyboyt
Old Jan 11, 2012, 02:11 PM
Joined Jul 2011
52 Posts
Hello Flyboyt,

Thanks for your patience, I have just sent you a PM.

Sincerely,
RaidenAlbert
Old Jan 13, 2012, 12:18 AM
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2011
1,143 Posts
Very curious as to the outcome of this?
firehawkzach is offline Find More Posts by firehawkzach
Old Jan 20, 2012, 10:02 AM
Joined May 2011
21 Posts
Also following to see how this turns out for you...
johnnyV52 is offline Find More Posts by johnnyV52
Old Jan 20, 2012, 02:13 PM
Joined Jul 2008
101 Posts
This is what you are in for if you buy from these jerks:

In the absence of any response from the company this complaint despite our two requests to them, we are closing our file on this complaint.

This unanswered complaint will become part of the information we report to the public on this company for the next three years. Should any government agency request our files on this company, your complaint will also be included.

If you have settled this complaint directly with the company, would you please email us to let us know that, as well as any other comments you might have. Your help in doing this is important to ensure that our report to the public on this company is accurate.

Thank you for using the Better Business Bureau

Original Complaint:
I was sent a defective battery and contacted them WITHIN 30 DAYS that the battery DID NOT WORK. They would not send me a new one! After I was told prior to sending the defective battery back to HobbyPartz that my RMA number was STILL GOOD, I was told that I would not be getting a new battery because my time was up. The battery I bought was bad, it was not going to get any worse waiting to be shipped back. It took me so long because I had to move and it was boxed.... I would never have sent it back if I was told I couldnít. Now i'm out shipping costs x2 times and the cost of the battery because they don't check batteries before they send them out... I paid for a battery that didnít work. I simply wanted a battery that works, and my shipping reimbursed LIKE THEA SAID!! Of course when my battery arrived at hobby partz/raiden tech, the person that handles my complaint, Thea, had been fired or they were lying that she didn't work there anymore. I was then told that my connector that I soldered to the battery would be returned and that never made it to me either. This is the most horrid company I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. They sell crap and don't care about their customers. They just sell it so cheap that suckers keep buying from them.
Complaint Summary
I was sent a defective battery and contacted them WITHIN 30 DAYS that the battery DID NOT WORK. They would not send me a new one!
Resolution Sought
I want a full refund of the battery that I paid for. I want my shipping cost back as well..... I want an apology from Sam, who never got back to me after sending him emails. Who never gets back to ANYONE that writes him a complaint email and who is 100% totally incompetent to be any sort of management.

Company's Response

Company's Initial Response - None Posted
Initial Response Summary

Consumer's Rebuttal

Consumer's Rebuttal - None Posted

Company's Final Response

Company's Final Response - None Posted

They have an F- rating with the BBB, isn't that enough not to buy from them?

PHD
PostHoleDigger is offline Find More Posts by PostHoleDigger
Old Jan 20, 2012, 08:39 PM
United States, CA, Industry
Joined Jan 2011
592 Posts
Order Update

The defective battery pack has already been replaced and he has already received a new replacement. Ty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawkzach View Post
Very curious as to the outcome of this?
Nitro_Nancy is offline Find More Posts by Nitro_Nancy
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 24, 2012, 03:12 PM
Joined Jul 2008
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro_Nancy View Post
The defective battery pack has already been replaced and he has already received a new replacement. Ty!
I do not see Gobucks confirming this fact....
PostHoleDigger is offline Find More Posts by PostHoleDigger
Old Jan 29, 2012, 09:55 AM
Mesa, AZ
Joined Oct 2007
150 Posts
They sent me a new AC680 charger right away. The only problem. I was charging a 6s battery at 3 amps last night and the AC680 popped and I smelled the burning electrical smell. I have another AC680 that will charge my 6s all day, but these new ones not so much. Hobbypartz did a great job sending me a new one, but the new batch of these chargers have bad internal components.

Thanks Raiden for sending me the new charger. Great customer service, but now what? I have another dead charger. I had it for a week.

Side note, I also bought the G350 power supply for my Thunder 1220 charger, and it blew a couple days ago. I was using it combined with the 1220 and charging my 6s at 1C. I'm not having very good luck with the 6s charging.
Last edited by flyboyt; Jan 29, 2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 12:28 PM
Joined Jul 2011
52 Posts
Hello Flyboyt,

Sorry to hear that. What is the order number for your charger and power supply please?

Hope to hear from you soon, thank you!

Sincerely,
Albert
Old Feb 01, 2012, 01:30 PM
Mesa, AZ
Joined Oct 2007
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidenAlbert View Post
Hello Flyboyt,

Sorry to hear that. What is the order number for your charger and power supply please?

Hope to hear from you soon, thank you!

Sincerely,
Albert

order number 1540572
Old Feb 01, 2012, 04:08 PM
Joined Jul 2011
140 Posts
Hello flyboyt,

I have sent you a PM regarding this issue.

Danny
NitroTechnician is offline Find More Posts by NitroTechnician