HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2012, 10:48 AM
Texas
Joined Mar 2010
62 Posts
Any one know of kits that come with an airfoil???? or with out all the wire bracing down the length of the plane? My kid would just rip those off.
pilot1211 is offline Find More Posts by pilot1211
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2012, 01:55 PM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
5,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot1211 View Post
Any one know of kits that come with an airfoil???? or with out all the wire bracing down the length of the plane? My kid would just rip those off.
FancyFoam.com has a 32" Edge, EPP plane, with an airfoiled wing, unpainted including hardware for $45.00. It's the same one designed by Leadfeather, I'm not sure but I think they also have his Yak 55 with an airfoil as well. I've had a couple of their larger planes and the quality and product support are excellent.
jetinteriorguy is online now Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old Jan 02, 2012, 10:21 PM
Texas
Joined Mar 2010
62 Posts
Its decided then. I will go with the FancyFoam.com ones unpainted and with airfoil.

Does any one know how the plane will be affected if I don't use the little bracing pieces down the plane?? Will it be harder to control?
Or is it better to just get the hybrid yak?

Thanks again every one.
pilot1211 is offline Find More Posts by pilot1211
Old Jan 03, 2012, 05:52 AM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
5,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot1211 View Post
Its decided then. I will go with the FancyFoam.com ones unpainted and with airfoil.

Does any one know how the plane will be affected if I don't use the little bracing pieces down the plane?? Will it be harder to control?
Or is it better to just get the hybrid yak?

Thanks again every one.
The best way I have found to help keep the fuse from twisting is to use 1.5 mm cf and truss it on one side. I do two trusses on the wing spar to start and then work my way back from the wing spar to the hor stab spar, this ties the wing to the stab and makes a huge difference. Even though this arrangement eliminates any in flight twisting, it's still flexible enough to not cause damage in a crash.
Old Jan 03, 2012, 07:15 AM
RC Toys R 4 White Trash
Joined Dec 2008
4,090 Posts
The new edge from twisted is far superior than the Leadfeather edge even without the foils. Right to the wire cut foam this EPP feels more like depron and more rugged than the EPP we're used to. This hobby is about being fresh and developing better flying aircraft, the LF edge is a few years old and IMO was never that great of a flyer. Don't go with something just because it is cheap, if you can afford it get the best airframe that is out right now and in this size range it is the Twisted Edge 540.
Dan5.0 is offline Find More Posts by Dan5.0
Old Jan 03, 2012, 05:18 PM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
5,017 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan5.0 View Post
The new edge from twisted is far superior than the Leadfeather edge even without the foils. Right to the wire cut foam this EPP feels more like depron and more rugged than the EPP we're used to. This hobby is about being fresh and developing better flying aircraft, the LF edge is a few years old and IMO was never that great of a flyer. Don't go with something just because it is cheap, if you can afford it get the best airframe that is out right now and in this size range it is the Twisted Edge 540.
This is excellent advice, when I finally destroy my current small foamy this is the one on my list. Either that or the S-Bach, I have so many Edge's right now that if the S-Bach flies as nice as the Edge I might go this route.