HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 08, 2012, 07:07 AM
Eden NY
Joined Sep 2001
540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiKid View Post
Cortina?!
It is sitting right next to the bench and calls my name every time I enter the shop (build me, build me...). There are two uncovered airframes that just need that last 10% but always takes 90% of the time that deserve my attention, so they are first . The Cortina is in the queue though! Likely a winter build.
Regards,
-Eric
ohmite is offline Find More Posts by ohmite
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2012, 10:45 AM
Joined Jul 2012
15 Posts
My Horten Ho229
JonnyPJohnston is offline Find More Posts by JonnyPJohnston
Old Sep 09, 2012, 11:22 AM
I don't like your altitude
Joined Sep 2011
3,376 Posts
Nice design.If you haven't already done so,do a search of the site.Quite a task you have set yourself,hope to see a build on here.
Regards Stuart
Stupot46 is offline Find More Posts by Stupot46
Old Sep 09, 2012, 09:09 PM
Joined Jul 2012
15 Posts
Stuart,

go to rcscalebuilder.com

This has been around for some time. Kits and plans are available.
JonnyPJohnston is offline Find More Posts by JonnyPJohnston
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:19 PM
Joined Jul 2012
26 Posts
Hi ,
a mix of the old and new here, a 1947 design that I remember seeing in Aeromodeller plans catalogues back in the '50s. Eventually got around to building one but it's covered in Oracover and fitted with 9gm servos for rudder/elevator, more for trim than any sort of 'agile' flying though. Weighs 380 gms so is a light weather flyer, needs mods though as the downwards curve of the rudder causes stripping of servo gears on anything other than a dead straight ahead landing. Difficult to launch as well because of the lack of pod behind the wing, and I've not fitted a hook nor wanted to risk even a weak bungy.

Trev
Crozzie is offline Find More Posts by Crozzie
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:33 PM
less is more
United States, CA, Marina
Joined Sep 2006
2,873 Posts
Wow that is light !

Maybe a main skid just behind the CG would add a little durability to this ship. It could serve as a handle too for the bungee launch.

Kent
Knoll53 is offline Find More Posts by Knoll53
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Sw-11
Old Sep 21, 2012, 05:49 PM
Joined Sep 2011
3,376 Posts
Welcome Trev,nice looking wing.These older designs have a lot of character.
Maybe a pic of the plan and set up in the older Nurflugal thread?
Regards Stuart
Old Sep 22, 2012, 05:45 AM
Closed Account
Joined Jul 2009
745 Posts
Beautiful work Trev, I have had these plans in my PC for a long time but never got 'round to doing anything with them.

Jens
kleinaberfein is offline Find More Posts by kleinaberfein
Old Sep 22, 2012, 06:04 AM
Joined Jul 2012
26 Posts
Thanks for the comments folks, I enjoy building these old designs because-
1/ I remember seeing them in old Aeromodellers when I was a child who struggled to save enough pocket money to get a £0-3-9 KeilKraft kit once in a while
2/ I'm a reactionary old fool with a certain aversion to ARF

Anyway here's a couple more pics[ grrr all done again after that nice windows man updated my computor midway through this post and dumped everything]

Stuart, for this and other olde worlde plans go to www.model-plans.co.uk where Derek Scott has oodles to choose from.- and cheap/free! Best if you've some old APS catalogues to see the actual model, unless it's in your memory.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 06:59 AM
Closed Account
Joined Jul 2009
745 Posts
I use this site http://www.outerzone.co.uk/ . It really is free and you can download everything. Tile the plans and print them or save them to USB stick and have a local copy shop run the plans out to the correct sheet size.

Jens
Old Sep 22, 2012, 07:12 AM
Joined Sep 2011
3,376 Posts
Have you no consideration,
There goes about half a day of my valuable time looking through two sites full of stuff I'll probably never build.
Regards(and thanks!) Stuart.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 07:49 AM
Closed Account
Joined Jul 2009
745 Posts
We are as always, pleased to serve

Jens
Old Sep 22, 2012, 09:40 AM
Just call me crash for short
United States, OH, The Plains
Joined Jan 2011
1,697 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crozzie View Post
Thanks for the comments folks, I enjoy building these old designs because-
1/ I remember seeing them in old Aeromodellers when I was a child who struggled to save enough pocket money to get a £0-3-9 KeilKraft kit once in a while
2/ I'm a reactionary old fool with a certain aversion to ARF

Anyway here's a couple more pics[ grrr all done again after that nice windows man updated my computor midway through this post and dumped everything]

Stuart, for this and other olde worlde plans go to www.model-plans.co.uk where Derek Scott has oodles to choose from.- and cheap/free! Best if you've some old APS catalogues to see the actual model, unless it's in your memory.
Great build. At first glance I thought it was a Sparrow, one that has been on my "some day" list, but the span, fuse and fin were not right for that model. Given your success with this one, and as good as it looks, I think that the Sparrow has just moved up a good number of notches on that list. Did you use any wash in on the wings or just leave them flat?

Mark
Quick61 is offline Find More Posts by Quick61
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:31 PM
Joined Jul 2012
26 Posts
To Stuart.......... sorry! I too seem to lose track of time looking through these sites then making tentative lists of 'maybe' projects. Sometimes I even put my APS catalogues deliberately out of the way!!
Thanks for the comment Mark, yes it's built as per the plan washin-wise. Sparrow has been sitting on my computor files for quite some time for a future build- after I've finished the current project[ [only a quickie so will show soon]-- and then there's the Horten that I'm drawing out-- oh! and the Gulliver plan that arrived a few weeks ago. Well what is life for anyway, if not for creating things.

Trev
Old Sep 23, 2012, 04:53 PM
Joined Jul 2012
26 Posts
A wet Sunday today so could not do any grass cutting and so had to spend all day in the shop, got that quickie that I mentioned off my 'to do list' at last, it's Arrowhead a 14" chuckie from 1947. Next couple of days promise BIG rain so no test flight for a while it will just have to yet more balsa-bashing, ho hum!

Trev