HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 20, 2012, 09:50 PM
Ldm
United States, PA, Conestoga
Joined Jun 2006
7,790 Posts
Well not a scale internal exit but they work great , I tried a scale exist but I was getting too much bind
Ldm is offline Find More Posts by Ldm
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2012, 09:17 PM
Ldm
Joined Jun 2006
7,790 Posts
Filled the sheeting back in on the flaps , reinforced some of the ribs and now waiting for the retracts ,
love the quality and the fit of the spinner !!!
Old Feb 23, 2012, 07:28 PM
Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Joined Dec 2005
7,821 Posts
looking good
kahloq is offline Find More Posts by kahloq
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:23 PM
Ldm
Joined Jun 2006
7,790 Posts
Thanks Kahlog, as soon as the retracts get to my house I will start the final wing bash .
The plane will be sanded , surface details added and I still have to pick a paint scheme.
I also may change out the Platt pilot , I am just not happy with the look
Old Feb 27, 2012, 08:16 PM
Ldm
Joined Jun 2006
7,790 Posts
a litte more fun progree while I waiy ( day 26) --on hold from from Hobby king and all my items were in stock
Old Feb 27, 2012, 08:44 PM
Canada
Joined Nov 2000
6,878 Posts
Shame you went to all that trouble on the Flaps only to use a Dorky external linkage.
Bare is offline Find More Posts by Bare
Old Feb 28, 2012, 04:11 AM
Ldm
Joined Jun 2006
7,790 Posts
You got that brother , I ran the linkage inside with a scale internal exit hole , my problem was that I kept getting binding and based on the wing being completly finished I just said forget it .
Now if you visit my blog , my FW190 from CMP has the scale flaps , 100% built from scatch , and no binding .
I figure with the dora I can get the rods to somewhat disappear with paint , but I know what you mean
Old Feb 29, 2012, 01:41 AM
Joined Jan 2012
351 Posts
This looks great! Sorry for taking so long to finally get over here and truly check out this plane.
RedTaco is offline Find More Posts by RedTaco
Old Feb 29, 2012, 09:48 AM
Ldm
Joined Jun 2006
7,790 Posts
hey thank , its great to get a comment lol , its an old plane so many cant connect with the build !!!
Its been a blast , I got to meet Dave Platt in 1985 when I was in College . I sold this kit unbuild for $300 , so when I did see it as a complere plane for $120 , I thought it was my calling to make it better , I plan on a ton more mods when my Hobby King order arrives in 2024 , this will be a very long build based on the speed of Hobby King
Old Feb 29, 2012, 12:22 PM
Joined Jan 2012
351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm View Post
hey thank , its great to get a comment lol , its an old plane so many cant connect with the build !!!
Its been a blast , I got to meet Dave Platt in 1985 when I was in College . I sold this kit unbuild for $300 , so when I did see it as a complere plane for $120 , I thought it was my calling to make it better , I plan on a ton more mods when my Hobby King order arrives in 2024 , this will be a very long build based on the speed of Hobby King
Hah 2024, I bet it arrives by the end of the this week!
Old Mar 02, 2012, 04:42 AM
Ldm
Joined Jun 2006
7,790 Posts
Ok , postal notice on the batterys retracts are still in Zurick , good news I was told a Tall German Blond is hand delivering my retracts and that is why its is taking so long .
I just hope her name is Freda and not Fredy
Old Mar 02, 2012, 04:00 PM
Joined Jan 2012
351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm View Post
Ok , postal notice on the batterys retracts are still in Zurick , good news I was told a Tall German Blond is hand delivering my retracts and that is why its is taking so long .
I just hope her name is Freda and not Fredy
They shipped them separate? Because of the lipo's? I wonder whats holding up the retracts, thats so odd.

great news about the blond tho
Old Mar 03, 2012, 07:32 AM
Ldm
Joined Jun 2006
7,790 Posts
yes the batterys went thru zuric lol with other parts none the less .
Ok received the 80 degree retracts . I have two very important Ice Hockey games to coach today (playoffs) do no pic until late tonight or Sunday .
This is my first reports on the Rc-Lander re-labeled as Turnegy from Hobby King .
Out of the box they work , and the 80 degree is accurate and not bad for the Dora , while we all know the Spring Air is more accurate.
First the good , the struts are very strong , light and come with a axil that has a soderd hub and can be removed for your own wheel choice ,
no play in the wheel movement left and right .
Know my concern , overall the units are very light , almost too light for 60 to 120 size model , I will do a very detailed review in this thread and the retract thread.
My other concern is that I see slight hesitation in the eletronic function.
Now , this is interesting , they achieve the 80 degree by allowing the gear train to go thru its full run , but a stop bar prevents the legs fron 90 degree .
Its very interesting and simple and prevents stressing the e-board ,
More to come ,
As far as my other shippment its still in transit lol
Old Mar 03, 2012, 04:25 PM
Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
Joined Dec 2005
7,821 Posts
I have since made 3 separate orders to Hobbyking in the last week. The last one a set of retracts Im hoping will fit an LX A-10. The middle order a Fly Fly 1400mm fw-190A(not that scale but its intended for son). 1st order....hell cant even remember now...isnt that just messed up? ROFL. Had to go back and check what it was.......a few of the 9 channel Orange RX spektrum compatible receivers I wanted to test out along with a free 4s 1350 batt.

However...Im still waiting on those 80 degree gear to come back in stock.
kahloq is offline Find More Posts by kahloq
Old Mar 04, 2012, 11:16 AM
Ldm
Joined Jun 2006
7,790 Posts
well I would wait for me to post pics and see if they can take the simple load of the williams brother wheels , I would hate to see you spend your money if the are not worth it !!!.
I may have to get the spring air if these turn out to be toooo light weight