SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 08, 2012, 07:57 AM
Norwich.uk.
Joined Oct 2007
542 Posts
Got the top of boons covered, supprised how stiff they are now, dispels any concern i had especially when the lower section is covered. nose area will be filled with block foam and sanded to shape. will finish the wing stubs today.
domll is offline Find More Posts by domll
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 08, 2012, 08:04 AM
ich bauen groß modell flugzeug
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,834 Posts
Nice !
Keenan smith is offline Find More Posts by Keenan smith
Old Apr 14, 2012, 02:29 AM
Norwich.uk.
Joined Oct 2007
542 Posts
Front upper section formers now skinned, only taped in place for now to make cutting access hatch easier. Just need to complete forward nose section but this will be done when lower section has been skinned, easier to sand accurate shape in pink foam then.
Next, need to skin rear exhaust section and build in TE for wing stubs.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 11:54 AM
Norwich.uk.
Joined Oct 2007
542 Posts
I need some help, can anyone help with knowledge of the Navigation lights as I want to add these. Checked all over the Web but just can't find any information. Attached is a picture of the location of known lights to me, I have a few questions:

1) On the tail she carries two lights; one I’m guessing is strobe the other appears red? Was this solid red or flashing also at what point would this have been used?

2) Nose door carried three lights; clear, landing light (correct me if wrong) but not sure on the red and green/blue (again not sure of which colour). Was told these indicated when the arrester hock was down?

Wing tips are easy.
Was there any other lights know of that adorned the vixen I’ve missed?

Much appreciated for any info.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 03:32 PM
James L
Beck Row Mildenhall
Joined Mar 2009
811 Posts
There is a little info here http://www.seavixen.org/resources/42...Electrical.pdf

might be of general interest http://www.seavixen.org/resources/42...icalManual.pdf

Source of these documents http://www.seavixen.org/index.cfm?fa...ntGeneric.home

Good luck with the model it looks great so far.
TANGOSIERRAROM is offline Find More Posts by TANGOSIERRAROM
Old Apr 17, 2012, 11:54 AM
Norwich.uk.
Joined Oct 2007
542 Posts
Thanks Tangosierrarom, did find that site but couldn't open the Pdf's at the time. Will have a good read.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 11:35 AM
Norwich.uk.
Joined Oct 2007
542 Posts
After searching over, found the below Sim, U-tube video showing the lights in use:

1) Tail light is white constant. The red strobe seems to have been manually switched on/off by the pilot depending on situation and location so won’t be wiring it up and use a dud LED for effect.

2) Wing tips red and green.

3) Landing lights white. The sim shows two landing lights but I can only find photos with one so will go with the one and the two other lights that I believe relate to the arrester hook, again doing the same as for the strobe. Landing light will be wired to a micro switch so when I raise UC light goes off and on when lowered.

For wire I will be using Cat5e cable stripped down. Now waiting for delivery of my LED’s before I can begin.

Sea Vixen.wmv (6 min 39 sec)
Old Apr 30, 2012, 03:07 PM
Norwich.uk.
Joined Oct 2007
542 Posts
Whilst waiting for the LED's decided to look at the retracts:
Bearers in place and notched to receive retracts…. Blast, should have checked first, Just noticed this evening that the former in front of wheel when retracted will prevent wheel from retracting. Thought of moving the bearers further back but this will prevent a smooth ‘roll back’ when taking off as the CG is already in front of F7 (next one in front of the one fouling wheel). Did contemplate a little redesign but I think it looks awful. So next job will be to cut away the area shown allowing correct wheel cover profile to be used, just got to be careful of spar tube on the other side.
Old May 06, 2012, 09:36 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
man, that's looking real nice.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old May 08, 2012, 10:48 AM
Norwich.uk.
Joined Oct 2007
542 Posts
thanks LuvEvolution7, slow progress at the moment; pace picked up at work and new projects on the go. some work has been done a photos taken, wil update soon as i have sufficiant work done deaming it worth posting.
Visited the 2012 Rougham LMA show on saturday, awsome day, took afew pics before my camera packed up.
Old May 08, 2012, 01:36 PM
James L
Beck Row Mildenhall
Joined Mar 2009
811 Posts
One year I am going to make it to Rougham.
TANGOSIERRAROM is offline Find More Posts by TANGOSIERRAROM
Old May 08, 2012, 02:04 PM
Norwich.uk.
Joined Oct 2007
542 Posts
Definatley worth the trip. Wings n wheels next, June 23rd and 24th.
http://www.wingsnwheels.net/
Old May 09, 2012, 02:31 PM
Norwich.uk.
Joined Oct 2007
542 Posts
Started to build up nose area, stringers first then planked with depron. Couple more piece to do for this evening. Hatch area now cut out; will cap the ends and sides with thin balsa sheet to make it a little sturdier, giving a crisper edge. At the tail end added some shaped depron ready for skinning.
Old May 09, 2012, 02:59 PM
ich bauen groß modell flugzeug
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,834 Posts
i've got my wings and Wheels tickets See ya there...
Keenan smith is offline Find More Posts by Keenan smith
Old May 10, 2012, 04:11 PM
unbreakable ? give it to me !
United Kingdom, Market Harborough
Joined Oct 2010
179 Posts
im going too

nice build i'm sure its going to turn out great

dave
kinghelichopter is online now Find More Posts by kinghelichopter