to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:05 AM
Norwich.uk.
Joined Oct 2007
542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doushiyou12 View Post
Nice progress.
Thanks Doushiyou12, if only progress was the case; work taken over my life at the moment and haven't had a chance to do anything.
I've been looking for torsion hinges as in the picture to use on the retract doors but unable to find any in the UK, so if anyone knows of a source please give me a heads-up, cheers.
domll is offline Find More Posts by domll
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:01 AM
I don't like your altitude
Joined Sep 2011
3,382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by domll View Post
Thanks Doushiyou12, if only progress was the case; work taken over my life at the moment and haven't had a chance to do anything.
I've been looking for torsion hinges as in the picture to use on the retract doors but unable to find any in the UK, so if anyone knows of a source please give me a heads-up, cheers.
Now those look useful.It's possible to buy small torsion springs,shouldn't be to hard to adapt a loose pin hinge..........
Stuart
Stupot46 is offline Find More Posts by Stupot46
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:16 AM
Norwich.uk.
Joined Oct 2007
542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupot46 View Post
Now those look useful.It's possible to buy small torsion springs,shouldn't be to hard to adapt a loose pin hinge..........
Stuart
That was my other solution as i have plenty of hinges. Trying to find a supplier of the springs so i don't have to buy thousands from a manufacturer.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:00 AM
Da' Cajun
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Joined Jun 2009
2,938 Posts
Dom, springs like that are super easy to make.

Get some fine music wire and wrap tightly around a paperclip (or whatever size you want).
I make them all the time for various projects.

Takes a couple tries to get the technique down but by the third or fourth try you'll be an expert.
Boogie_ is online now Find More Posts by Boogie_
Old Dec 02, 2012, 12:42 PM
Norwich.uk.
Joined Oct 2007
542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogie_ View Post
Dom, springs like that are super easy to make.

Get some fine music wire and wrap tightly around a paperclip (or whatever size you want).
I make them all the time for various projects.

Takes a couple tries to get the technique down but by the third or fourth try you'll be an expert.
Thanks Boogie you read my mind, been reading up on winding springs. Will get some wire tomorrow and have ago.

http://home.earthlink.net/~bazillion/torsion.html