SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 29, 2012, 06:38 PM
Doushiyou12's Avatar
Joined Feb 2010
1,695 Posts
Nice progress.
Doushiyou12 is online now Find More Posts by Doushiyou12
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2012, 03:05 AM
Registered User
domll's Avatar
Norwich.uk.
Joined Oct 2007
542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doushiyou12 View Post
Nice progress.
Thanks Doushiyou12, if only progress was the case; work taken over my life at the moment and haven't had a chance to do anything.
I've been looking for torsion hinges as in the picture to use on the retract doors but unable to find any in the UK, so if anyone knows of a source please give me a heads-up, cheers.
domll is offline Find More Posts by domll
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:01 AM
I don't like your altitude
Stupot46's Avatar
Joined Sep 2011
3,382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by domll View Post
Thanks Doushiyou12, if only progress was the case; work taken over my life at the moment and haven't had a chance to do anything.
I've been looking for torsion hinges as in the picture to use on the retract doors but unable to find any in the UK, so if anyone knows of a source please give me a heads-up, cheers.
Now those look useful.It's possible to buy small torsion springs,shouldn't be to hard to adapt a loose pin hinge..........
Stuart
Stupot46 is offline Find More Posts by Stupot46
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:16 AM
Registered User
domll's Avatar
Norwich.uk.
Joined Oct 2007
542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupot46 View Post
Now those look useful.It's possible to buy small torsion springs,shouldn't be to hard to adapt a loose pin hinge..........
Stuart
That was my other solution as i have plenty of hinges. Trying to find a supplier of the springs so i don't have to buy thousands from a manufacturer.
domll is offline Find More Posts by domll
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:00 AM
Da' Cajun
Boogie_'s Avatar
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Joined Jun 2009
2,938 Posts
Dom, springs like that are super easy to make.

Get some fine music wire and wrap tightly around a paperclip (or whatever size you want).
I make them all the time for various projects.

Takes a couple tries to get the technique down but by the third or fourth try you'll be an expert.
Boogie_ is online now Find More Posts by Boogie_
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2012, 12:42 PM
Registered User
domll's Avatar
Norwich.uk.
Joined Oct 2007
542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogie_ View Post
Dom, springs like that are super easy to make.

Get some fine music wire and wrap tightly around a paperclip (or whatever size you want).
I make them all the time for various projects.

Takes a couple tries to get the technique down but by the third or fourth try you'll be an expert.
Thanks Boogie you read my mind, been reading up on winding springs. Will get some wire tomorrow and have ago.

http://home.earthlink.net/~bazillion/torsion.html
domll is offline Find More Posts by domll
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sea Vixen fly20 Non R/C Items (FS/W) 6 Dec 12, 2011 10:54 AM
Discussion Search for help on Chris Golds DH 110 Sea Vixen jettrainer Scratchbuilt EDFs 0 Jul 18, 2011 01:12 AM
Discussion Search for Chris Golds DH 110 Sea Vixen review jettrainer Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 2 Jul 17, 2011 04:17 PM
de Havilland Sea Vixen FAW.2 drawings. bipeflyer Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 8 Sep 02, 2003 05:56 AM
Sea Vixen or vampire BruceWilkerson Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 15 Jun 12, 2003 05:40 PM