HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 26, 2012, 07:56 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
I do not feel bad for Scott...or anybody for that matter. I'm incapable of most human emotions. He is a bunch of letters on a flat screen that wears a funny hat and flys a EZ* so I allow him to exist in my mind. You on the other hand have no face or funny hat and may not exist at all since you never sent up a picture of you and your EZ*. You could be programed random access memory posting learned responses to data input as far as I know. Classification is H4 which is 4 tiers above Invalid Response. A valid picture would change this to at least a B5 rated carbon based life form without a funny hat. The choice is yours.
Your talking funny Gene. Gone off your meds again?

Actually I shouldn't be posting here at all since I do not have the privilege of owning an EZ. Although it was the first RC plane I really wanted to get a few years ago. I just didn't have the cash to do it then. So last year I had to settle for a SkySurfer.

Vince
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2012, 08:04 PM
Team Daedalus
Joined Jun 2008
1,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Blink View Post
Personally, I quickly went over XT60s - easier to seperate and to solder neatly.

Cue four pages of connector discussions...

Half my XT-60's it takes a football team to separate. Does anybody know a lubricant (graphite like for locks) that would be non conductive. Seriously, love em hate em when all my weight lifting friends have to help pull em apart.

Todd
Wolveslayr is offline Find More Posts by Wolveslayr
Old Jan 26, 2012, 08:06 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
Your talking funny Gene. Gone off your meds again?

Actually I shouldn't be posting here at all since I do not have the privilege of owning an EZ. Although it was the first RC plane I really wanted to get a few years ago. I just didn't have the cash to do it then. So last year I had to settle for a SkySurfer.

Vince
No, you're staying Vince. You are always a positive kind of guy and great to have around...besides, I may need some Gator bait someday.
Send a pic.
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Old Jan 26, 2012, 08:07 PM
Fly Like A Thing Posessed!
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Nov 2010
1,777 Posts
Todd, I have the exact same problem but only with certain breeds of XT60s. The pairs I got from eBay all work great together, and the pairs I got from HK work great together... and they work with each other great together... but I got a parallel Y adapter and wow do they fit tight with the connectors on that thing, hard to pull apart. It's the first time I ever had a problem with XT60s being too tight, versus almost always with Deans.

One thing - be careful how hot an iron you use to do the soldering on them. The plastic can in fact melt, and this can misalign the connector parts. To prevent this, do your soldering with a pair actually mated together (so that the parts are braced) or use a lower wattage iron. I got a cheap iron from Wally World last month, and it's supposed to be only 20 some watts, but let me tell you that thing is a MONSTER, easily 40 watts guessing based on how viciously hot it gets. It will easily melt the plastic on both Deans and XT60s, I have to be really fast and careful unless I'm soldering very heavy gauge wire onto the connectors.

Rick NR417
NightRunner417 is offline Find More Posts by NightRunner417
Old Jan 26, 2012, 08:18 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2011
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshtonFlyer View Post
I use identical batteries - they came with Deans (different source though)
Where from?
Casey_S is offline Find More Posts by Casey_S
Old Jan 26, 2012, 08:32 PM
Row 0, Seat A
Savannah, GA
Joined Jan 2008
2,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolveslayr View Post
Half my XT-60's it takes a football team to separate. Does anybody know a lubricant (graphite like for locks) that would be non conductive. Seriously, love em hate em when all my weight lifting friends have to help pull em apart.

Todd
Todd,

Plain old Vaseline is a great (and cheap) non-conductive lubricant. I keep a small pill bottle with some in my battery box along with some tooth picks to occasionally lube those tight fitting connectors.

Ted
G550Ted is offline Find More Posts by G550Ted
Old Jan 26, 2012, 08:34 PM
Fly Like A Thing Posessed!
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Nov 2010
1,777 Posts
So, I got my mod work done with moving electronics over to the new belly compartment. I ended up leaving the RX where it was (in the nose), and moving the OSD and the elevator and aileron gyros into the belly cavity. I also completed the changing of the motor mount, so that the motor now hangs off the rearward side of the mount.

Between the two modifications, I cleaned up a lot of the nose compartment clutter and also shifted the CG back to the tail considerably. Even with the GoPro on as FPV camera/HD recorder, the CG was still very tail heavy and I ended up losing a very satisfactory 32 grams worth of tail weight. I had a little trouble with battery cabling until I tried simply turning the battery around, and then everything worked out very neatly.

I like! It decluttered the wiring very nicely AND shed me some weight, and I'm very close to ready for a GoPro FPV maiden on Sunday or Monday morning.

Rick NR417
NightRunner417 is offline Find More Posts by NightRunner417
Old Jan 26, 2012, 08:43 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,770 Posts
Quote:
I do not feel bad for Scott...or anybody for that matter. I'm incapable of most human emotions. He is a bunch of letters on a flat screen that wears a funny hat and flys a EZ* so I allow him to exist in my mind. You on the other hand have no face or funny hat and may not exist at all since you never sent up a picture of you and your EZ*. You could be programed random access memory posting learned responses to data input as far as I know. Classification is H4 which is 4 tiers above Invalid Response. A valid picture would change this to at least a B5 rated carbon based life form without a funny hat. The choice is yours.
Ah the State fair has taken you over as we told you not to rummage through the varied industry building or the sheep barn. But my friend will I'm sure back you up as he has a fetish for Never Never land.
I will or someone will provide a pic but It's not my fault when your screen cracks or it causes uncontrolled mass hysteria on the Ez mind probe.

Of all people I thought you would understand trying to fly an EZ in a beer haze.
eckace1 is online now Find More Posts by eckace1
Last edited by eckace1; Jan 26, 2012 at 08:51 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 08:55 PM
Why so serious?
Joined Dec 2007
5,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G550Ted View Post
Todd,

Plain old Vaseline is a great (and cheap) non-conductive lubricant. I keep a small pill bottle with some in my battery box along with some tooth picks to occasionally lube those tight fitting connectors.

Ted
Bet I know where you keep the large bottle of it.....

Anyway, I never used XT-60s as I still use the good old Deans.

Mate them when soldering then add some dimples on the sides with the iron when done to grip them better. Works for me.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 09:01 PM
Gravity? No, the Earth sucks
United States, IA, Des Moines
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
Name: Snapshot 2 (1-26-2012 8-34 PM).png
Views: 71
Size: 167.9 KB
Description:

Name: Snapshot 3 (1-26-2012 8-35 PM).png
Views: 66
Size: 256.9 KB
Description:

Name: Snapshot 4 (1-26-2012 8-36 PM).png
Views: 70
Size: 214.3 KB
Description:

Name: Snapshot 1 (1-26-2012 8-25 PM).png
Views: 61
Size: 260.7 KB
Description:

Quote:
okay Gene- I snagged some snapshots from videos of carbon based Lifeform Eckace1 take your pic of pics- best he could do was worst I could find-lol
scottdearinger is offline Find More Posts by scottdearinger
Old Jan 26, 2012, 09:12 PM
Joined Dec 2007
1,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by photopilot View Post
I had the ezstar all put together and ready to fly but did not like the way the tail made it on. I had sprayed the activator on the plane portion then put med CA on the tail structure. As I was inserting the tail peice I felt the glue start to setup and jammed the tail in as fast as I could but ended up with a crooked layout. It was close but not perfect.

I just poured debonder in and separated the tail structure. Before I rejoin the two parts, tail and fuselage how should I clean up the pieces? How can I prevent a repeat performance? Should I skip the accelerator? Does the accelerator add strength or just speed in glue setup?

Thanks
Ca is brittle already, but activator makes it even more weak. It's just meant for quick curing.
BrianL is offline Find More Posts by BrianL
Old Jan 26, 2012, 09:13 PM
Why so serious?
Joined Dec 2007
5,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdearinger View Post

okay Gene- I snagged some snapshots from videos of carbon based Lifeform Eckace1 take your pic of pics- best he could do was worst I could find-lol
I suppose this one will work....even though his fly is open.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 09:15 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdearinger View Post
Attachment 4583773

Attachment 4583774

Attachment 4583775

Attachment 4583776

Thanks Man a true friend
There ya go .25 Gene
Old Jan 26, 2012, 09:29 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,770 Posts
Quote:
I suppose this one will work....even though his fly is open.
That's not a corn dog

But hay we made post #12 Priceless.
Last edited by eckace1; Jan 26, 2012 at 10:06 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 11:34 PM
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Dec 2011
628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey_S View Post
Where from?
GiantCod RC, UK

Talking of opening up the belly, this is what I'd love to get to fit in my EZ at a later date:

Pic doesn't show it so well, but it's fully retracteable.

A work in progress over at http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1564878
AshtonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by AshtonFlyer
Last edited by AshtonFlyer; Jan 27, 2012 at 12:22 AM.