HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2012, 10:12 PM
Just trying to get a nut.
United States, VA, McLean
Joined Oct 2006
6,400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa View Post
Lousy weather so what can I do? I know I will build the EZ* that I got for Xmas. It will be my third one that I have, but this one is the all white version.
I have seen that the MK2 has a removable tailplane. That would be different for this build. I have seen what others have done with a nylon nut & bolt, but looking at the project I came up with this idea.
A short length of fibre rod glued in the front of the tailplane that fits into a piece of plastic tube glued into the body. Then a piece of flat plastic glued into the tailplane with a hole drilled in it. A plastic rawplug glued into the end of the body and a screw.
Well these pictures will give you the idea..
Note the larger rudder.
Whilst it looks like a solid scheme for the horizontal stab, you might find that
the horizontal fin is not as rigidly attached to the airframe...

I may have missed something though...

Thanks for y'all's help with the .MOV file...Lots of info to process. Thanks!
scrtsqrl is offline Find More Posts by scrtsqrl
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2012, 03:48 AM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrtsqrl View Post
Whilst it looks like a solid scheme for the horizontal stab, you might find that

At the present the 'vertical' fin is firm enough. But as I read your post, an idea came to me how I could reinforce it if needed.
Flypoppa is online now Find More Posts by Flypoppa
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2012, 08:00 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G550Ted View Post
Whoa, big boy! Are you a'callin my #11 camera a fake?
As fake as your high school diploma.

Slow day around these parts. I'm in NJ now but heading to FL on Friday. Weather here got cold and snow tried to rear it's ugly head last night into today, wound up with a mess of ice. Gad I hate the north east. Wife made me put up closet doors since doing anything outside was out of the question. HATE winter. Dogs decided it was a good day to run through the house like a bunch of idiots, wrestling and causing havoc. Ernie ran off with my quad frame I'm building but Oscar told me where he hid it. I may have to change his name to Bob so I feel better when I beat him with a rolled up newspaper.

Guys, send some pics up of you and your EZ.

Scott NJ,. where are you at in NJ? I may need to borrow some beer off you every now and then.

Time to make a video.
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Old Jan 21, 2012, 08:02 PM
Why so serious?
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrtsqrl View Post

Thanks for y'all's help with the .MOV file...Lots of info to process. Thanks!
Just think...if you were still in Norway you would have a EZ II by now.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 08:17 PM
Why so serious?
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Dedicated to eckace1.

Easy Star crashes. (3 min 12 sec)
Old Jan 21, 2012, 10:15 PM
Flying low is expensive.
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Jul 2008
2,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
Slow day around these parts. I'm in NJ now but heading to FL on Friday. Weather here got cold and snow tried to rear it's ugly head last night into today, wound up with a mess of ice. Gad I hate the north east. Wife made me put up closet doors since doing anything outside was out of the question. HATE winter.
I feel that. 4 inches of snow and wintery sleet here. Shayna and I went to NYC today to see The Lion King at Broadway and to walk around for half the day. I've never been there before so it was a FANTASTIC trip. I'd recommend the musical to anyone.

To keep this from being OT... I did not see any EZ*s in New York. Interestingly, Rick did tell me to meet up with him today, though. He said something about making a Trappy tribute flight but it conflicted with our show so those plans didn't work. Hope he didn't get arrested.
pdiddyg40 is offline Find More Posts by pdiddyg40
Old Jan 21, 2012, 10:20 PM
Flying low is expensive.
Joined Jul 2008
2,398 Posts
@Gene: Great video, watched the whole thing! It's nice to know that there are some people that know how to crash a plane better than I do. My planes typically die a slow, lingering death. Dozens and dozens of minor crashes that put just about every single part of the plane slightly out of alignment.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 11:23 PM
Team Daedalus
Joined Jun 2008
1,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiddyg40 View Post
I feel that. 4 inches of snow and wintery sleet here. Shayna and I went to NYC today to see The Lion King at Broadway and to walk around for half the day. I've never been there before so it was a FANTASTIC trip. I'd recommend the musical to anyone.

To keep this from being OT... I did not see any EZ*s in New York. Interestingly, Rick did tell me to meet up with him today, though. He said something about making a Trappy tribute flight but it conflicted with our show so those plans didn't work. Hope he didn't get arrested.
I saw The Lion King in NY in 2000. Beautiful, mesmerizing. Dating myself saw HAIR original cast and Godspell original cast (Jeremy Irons). Back when London was an Austin Powers movie.

I'm feeling randy and think I will fashion some ski's tomorrow with an emphasis on ski If it flys great no need to wake the woof gods.

Got that class 10 micro sdhc 8 gig. I may take it to a hilly area, I know it flies and if it's not deep or to heavy will fly and or ski and see if this HK MD80 does better with a C10
Xheli.com has the exact same camera for $19 almost = to HK+ ship.

Billy the Kidd
Wolveslayr is offline Find More Posts by Wolveslayr
Old Jan 21, 2012, 11:58 PM
John
United States, WA, Mason
Joined Apr 2011
791 Posts
Quote:
Dedicated to eckace1.

http://vimeo.com/35442390
Gene, very nice. Hope they weren't all yours. -- JOHN
digitalCAM is offline Find More Posts by digitalCAM
Old Jan 22, 2012, 06:23 AM
Flying low is expensive.
Joined Jul 2008
2,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolveslayr View Post
I saw The Lion King in NY in 2000. Beautiful, mesmerizing. Dating myself saw HAIR original cast and Godspell original cast (Jeremy Irons). Back when London was an Austin Powers movie.

I'm feeling randy and think I will fashion some ski's tomorrow with an emphasis on ski If it flys great no need to wake the woof gods.

Got that class 10 micro sdhc 8 gig. I may take it to a hilly area, I know it flies and if it's not deep or to heavy will fly and or ski and see if this HK MD80 does better with a C10
Xheli.com has the exact same camera for $19 almost = to HK+ ship.

Billy the Kidd
Is that ski(s?) intended for your Easystar? I've flown my EZ off the snow many times. As long as it isn't SUPER light and fluffy, you can probably just plop her down in it, hit the gas, and let 'er slide along.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 10:31 AM
Why so serious?
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalCAM View Post
Na, just one of them.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 10:57 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2008
3,550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolveslayr View Post
I'm feeling randy..........
Evidently that has some completely different meaning in the US.....

PS Weather in the UK has remained of the 'horizontal rain' specification. I think we may well have our first EZII crash video soon as someone gets impatient......

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalCAM View Post
Quote:
Na, just one of them.
The one with the dayglo orange tail feathers was mine!!
Cool vid, Gene!
Colonel Blink is offline Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:19 AM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,802 Posts
Quote:
Dedicated to eckace1.

http://vimeo.com/35442390
Thanks Man I feel better.
I'm almost done with the re build It' kinda looks like a fighter with to many broken noses so I hope it dosen't effect its flight to much.

What I couldn't believe was my Sony Bloggie still works kinda but good enough to take vids on the EZ just need some electrical tape to hold it together.
eckace1 is offline Find More Posts by eckace1
Old Jan 22, 2012, 11:53 AM
Fly Like A Thing Posessed!
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Nov 2010
1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiddyg40 View Post

Since my can-carrier chopping block chump dupe easy mark easy touch patsy pigeon go-to guy Pdiddy wasn't there, I had to fly my EZ into the side of a taxi-cab to cause a diversion while I slipped away like the cat-like ninja that I am. I'm posting this from deep within the NYC sewer system. Tonight at midnight I and my sewer-minions will strike at the underbelly of the NYPD and bust Lady AngryStar out of prison, mwa ha haaaa. >:-D

Rick NR417
NightRunner417 is offline Find More Posts by NightRunner417
Old Jan 22, 2012, 12:19 PM
Why so serious?
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRunner417 View Post
Since my can-carrier chopping block chump dupe easy mark easy touch patsy pigeon go-to guy Pdiddy wasn't there, I had to fly my EZ into the side of a taxi-cab to cause a diversion while I slipped away like the cat-like ninja that I am. I'm posting this from deep within the NYC sewer system. Tonight at midnight I and my sewer-minions will strike at the underbelly of the NYPD and bust Lady AngryStar out of prison, mwa ha haaaa. >:-D

Rick NR417
Say Hi to Donatello for me.