SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 01, 2012, 10:38 AM
Agricultural flyer
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Aug 2007
508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Blink View Post
I agree. But only this morning I was wondering about alternative places to fly locally. All the Leeds/Bradford park byelaws forbid any power other than rubber or muscle (even CO2 is expressly banned). This got me wondering about 'ad hoc' sites, which in turn made me ruminate upon cultural attitudes of the general public in different countries - and not just pertaining to FPV.
Not sure how far you'd have to travel to find a friendly farmer but in my experience they can be quite amenable if you offer to take photos / video of the farm and crops. Some don't even threaten to set the dogs on you.
mixer421 is offline Find More Posts by mixer421
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2012, 10:47 AM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
1st page update.

Update on post 12.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=12
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Old Jan 01, 2012, 10:57 AM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhines View Post
Nice photo! Is that a recent photo of your 2003, original EasyStar? It looks brand new!
Yep, that is still EasyStar #1 from 2003.

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Old Jan 01, 2012, 11:17 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2008
3,551 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig View Post
With increasing age, you need a slightly bigger space for the solar panel. Jürgen
That would make me the most energetic person around - if we ever had any sun here, that is!!
Colonel Blink is offline Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
Old Jan 01, 2012, 11:22 AM
Robot, RC Pilot & Builder :-)
Roanoke, VA, USA
Joined Jul 2006
4,180 Posts
Quote:
Fantastic location for FPV!! You are so lucky!

You know what? When I retire I think I've just got to visit the US with anFPV EZII in the luggage.......
Hi Colin, Thanks!

Please do visit! But don't wait until you retire! SEFF www.seff2012.com is coming up in April, and we get visitors from many European countries ... in fact, one of my buddies I met at SEFF is from Kent... he brought a flying wing in his suitcase...

Yes, I am very lucky... I grew up near NYC, and I now live in a rural county, outside the small city of Roanoke ...this entire region has only about 250,000 residents... and yet Roanoke's Parks Department has essentially banned RC flying in all their parks ... so I go out to rural areas to fly, where people are much more relaxed...

The lake in the video I posted is almost 1.5 hours drive away from where I live... it's in a mountainous region, surrounded by miles of protected national forest, so there are no residents for a few miles all around... one has to drive along many small, twisting roads to get there... I flew there in December, to avoid the summer crowds... the visit to that lake was only my third time there... I had visited that lake over 20 years ago, and knew how scenic it is...

I recommend scouting some remote, rural areas with nice scenery, even if it takes an hour to get there...

I think what Todd wrote... density of people... is exactly correct...

The issue for most people, is that we tend to live in urban areas, and urban areas tend to have more rules about everything.

Do let me know when you plan to visit, and we will fly RC together!

Stay Well, my friend...

Kevin
kevinhines is offline Find More Posts by kevinhines
Old Jan 01, 2012, 12:22 PM
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Dec 2011
628 Posts
This is my local area - lots of fields nearby (avoiding the cows of course)

Hopefully it won't get tarmaced too soon

The bridge in the bottom left corner is the Clifton Suspension Bridge - an Isambard Kingdom Brunel design.

The land in the pic middle is Ashton Court, where Richard Amerike (some think that's where 'America' came from) lived when he sponsored the 'Matthew', the ship sailed by John Cabot during his voyage of exploration to North America in 1497.

The ship sailed down the Avon Gorge (under the bridge) on it's way to Newfoundland.

One day I'll fly under that bridge
AshtonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by AshtonFlyer
Last edited by AshtonFlyer; Jan 03, 2012 at 12:49 AM.
Old Jan 01, 2012, 12:33 PM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
NOTICE:

Bob (Chairwolf) and NightRunner417 (Rick) are Registered Trademarks of 2500GENE LLC. Non-abuse of these products are prohibited.
This product is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. List each check separately by bank number. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Postage will be paid by addressee. Subject to approval. This is not an offer to sell securities. Apply only to affected area. May be too intense for some viewers. Do not stamp. Use other side for additional listings. For recreational use only. Do not disturb. All models over 18 years of age. If condition persists, consult your physician. No user-serviceable parts inside. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Simulated picture. No postage necessary if mailed in the United States. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. For off-road use only. As seen on TV. One size fits all. Many suitcases look alike. Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. Colors may, in time, fade. We have sent the forms which seem to be right for you. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. Drop in any mailbox. Edited for television. Keep cool; process promptly. Post office will not deliver without postage. List was current at time of printing. Return to sender, no forwarding order on file, unable to forward. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. At participating locations only. Not the Beatles. Penalty for private use. See label for sequence. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Do not write below this line. Falling rock. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Your cancelled check is your receipt. Add toner. Place stamp here. Avoid contact with skin. Sanitized for your protection. Be sure each item is properly endorsed. Sign here without admitting guilt. Slightly higher west of the Mississippi. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog. Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. Limited time offer, call now to insure prompt delivery. You must be present to win. No passes accepted for this engagement. No purchase necessary. Processed at location stamped in code at top of carton. Shading within a garment may occur. Use only in well-ventilated area. Keep away from fire or flame. Replace with same type. Approved for veterans. Booths for two or more. Check here if tax deductible. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include taxes. No Canadian coins. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No solicitors. No alcohol, dogs, or horses. No anchovies unless otherwise specified. Restaurant package, not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. First pull up, then pull down. Call toll free before digging. Driver does not carry cash. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Record additional transactions on back of previous stub. Decision of judges is final.

This supersedes all previous notices.

Thank you,
Gene
You also forgot...
"Caution, this product may contain nuts"
Flypoppa is offline Find More Posts by Flypoppa
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2012, 01:02 PM
Fly Like A Thing Posessed!
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Nov 2010
1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa View Post
You also forgot...
"Caution, this product may contain nuts"
DEFINITELY the most important disclaimer of all!

Lol, "Not The Beatles".

Rick NR417
NightRunner417 is offline Find More Posts by NightRunner417
Old Jan 01, 2012, 03:19 PM
Roanoke, VA, USA
Joined Jul 2006
4,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig View Post
Yep, that is still EasyStar #1 from 2003.

Jürgen
Awesome! I wish my first EasyStar still looked that good!

I obtained my first EasyStar in Dec. 2006... here's a photo from flying it today...

It still flies great!

Kevin

PS - Note the cool hat, made by Mrs. ScrtSqrl, at www.ForeverCali.com

The hat is covering my solar panel.
Last edited by kevinhines; Jan 01, 2012 at 10:23 PM.
Old Jan 01, 2012, 03:41 PM
Roanoke, VA, USA
Joined Jul 2006
4,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRunner417 View Post
John Fogerty and a really GREAT flight - this is not fun, this is not adventure... this is DESTINY. NICE one Kevin, sorry I slacked and didn't watch this sooner! Very nicely executed, beautiful all the way around and that landing was like, "Hey, no big", haha. I could tell you were really on a cloud though there at the end when you said a few words for us. I could really connect with your energy. :-)

Thank you btw for your kind words for us 2012 TS rodents! I'm sure I speak for us all when I say that we just hope we can do at least partway toward the excellent job you did in the previous two years!

Here's to someday flying together, I think that would be a blast and it would be excellent to meet you guys! ...
Rick NR417
... :-)
Thanks, Rick! I appreciate your kind words!

LOL! "TS rodents" Ha, ha...

When I recorded the talking message at the end, I had just landed, and indeed was still riding the adrenaline wave...

Thanks again, buddy!

Kevin
Old Jan 01, 2012, 03:54 PM
Roanoke, VA, USA
Joined Jul 2006
4,180 Posts
UK sites for EasyStar FPV / AV videos

Quote:
I agree. But only this morning I was wondering about alternative places to fly...
Hi Colin,

May we suggest good places to video with your AV / FPV EasyStar?

I'd love to see Loch Lomond from the air, as well as the Firth of Forth, the Northern English countryside, Mount Snowden ... and many other beautiful UK sites... Nottingham Forest might be a good place for a "Robin Hood" themed flight video... Loch Ness for a "Nessie meets the EasyStar" theme... all the old castles and beautiful towns ... and coastal areas around the UK ... the moors...

Wow, I wish we had lakes like the UK's lochs around here!!!

I bet we could easily come up with a a list of over 100 beautiful, rural locations in the UK, within a daytrip distance, to video from the air with your EasyStar...

Stay well!!!

Kevin
Old Jan 01, 2012, 05:05 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
Gene

Great job setting up the new thread. I have only been following the old one for a week or two but I am very impressed by the knowledge and camaraderie that I see here.
Even though I have a SkySurfer instead of an EZ I know I will be able to learn more on how to make it fly better and have fun with it.
Looking forward to seeing new stuff here.
Happy New Year to you and all the rest of the EZ gang.

Vince
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Old Jan 01, 2012, 05:22 PM
United Kingdom, England, West Berkshire
Joined May 2009
8 Posts
Hi I'm Tom - I just got my first Easystar this week (after wanting to do FPV). Just got it flying well today

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhines View Post
I'd love to see Loch Lomond from the air, as well as the Firth of Forth, the Northern English countryside, Mount Snowden ... and many other beautiful UK sites... Nottingham Forest might be a good place for a "Robin Hood" themed flight video... Loch Ness for a "Nessie meets the EasyStar" theme... all the old castles and beautiful towns ... and coastal areas around the UK ... the moors...
I live in the UK (nearish london) and there are some great moor's and rivers nearby that i'm going to be flying around once i've got my fpv working well! I also visit scotland often and the idea of "nessie meets the easystar" sounds great!

(I hope you don't mind me joining this thread!)

Tom
battybatfink is offline Find More Posts by battybatfink
Old Jan 01, 2012, 05:25 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
Gene

Great job setting up the new thread. I have only been following the old one for a week or two but I am very impressed by the knowledge and camaraderie that I see here.
Even though I have a SkySurfer instead of an EZ I know I will be able to learn more on how to make it fly better and have fun with it.
Looking forward to seeing new stuff here.
Happy New Year to you and all the rest of the EZ gang.

Vince
Thanks Vince.
You give a lot of good advice over at the SkyS thread and it's great to have you here also.
Crack a beer and have a seat. Bunch of good folks here.

G
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Old Jan 01, 2012, 05:38 PM
Roanoke, VA, USA
Joined Jul 2006
4,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by battybatfink View Post
Hi I'm Tom - I just got my first Easystar this week (after wanting to do FPV). Just got it flying well today

I live in the UK (nearish london) and there are some great moor's and rivers nearby that i'm going to be flying around once i've got my fpv working well! I also visit scotland often and the idea of "nessie meets the easystar" sounds great!

(I hope you don't mind me joining this thread!)

Tom
Hey Tom,

Welcome to the thread!

I look forward to reading of your success with the EasyStar.

And to seeing photos & videos from your flights!

Kevin