SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 20, 2013, 03:34 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by syed View Post
I came across an area where I think I can fly, but I can't find anyone there to inquire if any one will get unhappy about my doing so Though there is a for sale sign there for more than 6 years.
Here are the co-ordinates: 40.890765,-74.614108

Any ideas?
Looks like an old industrial complex that shut down.

Funny it is only a couple of miles from where I use to live in Succasunna.
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2013, 08:13 AM
Gravity? No, the Earth sucks
United States, IA, Des Moines
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
Looks like an old industrial complex that shut down.

Funny it is only a couple of miles from where I use to live in Succasunna.
you know what Eckace and i would do... Launch !!!
All they can do is chase you out of there- they won't lock you up or take away your plane- just be nice if approached and agree to leave- chances are they will just watch you fly awhile and tell you that is really cool...

Security gaurds and Cops have come upon Bob and I several times and none have ever chased us off... even when we flew over downtown, the cop just laughed when Bob bounced off the cell tower...

Metro Skyscraper Radians with Cell Tower Crash (8 min 39 sec)

sorry these are radians- but this was a cool flight
scottdearinger is offline Find More Posts by scottdearinger
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:08 AM
Card Carrying Old Fart
Central Kentucky
Joined Oct 2006
3,603 Posts
deleted
Rickochet is online now Find More Posts by Rickochet
Last edited by Rickochet; Jan 21, 2013 at 09:23 AM.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:08 PM
Italy, Piedmont, Asti
Joined Jun 2012
205 Posts
Since yesterday, we have the snow here too!!!

Saracchi con la neve (8 min 29 sec)
l.aluffi is offline Find More Posts by l.aluffi
Old Jan 22, 2013, 11:13 AM
United States, NJ, Denville
Joined May 2007
204 Posts
Very nice video.
syed is offline Find More Posts by syed
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:17 AM
Gravity? No, the Earth sucks
United States, IA, Des Moines
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by l.aluffi View Post
Since yesterday, we have the snow here too!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZPZr1FkMkw
what is that? like a one street town on a ridge?- interesting way to build a community.
scottdearinger is offline Find More Posts by scottdearinger
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:34 AM
mutski
United States, AK
Joined Jan 2011
1,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_o View Post
My keychain #16 camera freezes over after a few minutes
I removed the battery from my Keychain #16 and connected it to a servo port on my Spektrum receiver. It runs as long as I have power to the receiver. The only downside is it resets the date everytime I unplug the plane. Every video has the same date and time.
mutski is offline Find More Posts by mutski
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:53 AM
Denmark, kbh
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutski View Post
I removed the battery from my Keychain #16 and connected it to a servo port on my Spektrum receiver. It runs as long as I have power to the receiver. The only downside is it resets the date everytime I unplug the plane. Every video has the same date and time.
I did consider doing that, but I have started using the DF OSD now, and sometimes use Dennis' ground station for recording. Also the keychain is not much good in low light conditions:

The video:
EasyStar FPV dark night flight over frozen lake. (7 min 53 sec)
mike_o is offline Find More Posts by mike_o
Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:16 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,838 Posts
I went flying with you know who and as usual I had to drive.
long story short my bix/ez was crunched in the door due to wind and broke the ele.
What is the best method for reattachment?
Blenderum tape,pinned hinges ,ca hinges or just leave it off who needs an elevator anyway.
eckace1 is offline Find More Posts by eckace1
Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:24 PM
Row 0, Seat A
Savannah, GA
Joined Jan 2008
2,739 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckace1 View Post
I went flying with you know who and as usual I had to drive.
long story short my bix/ez was crunched in the door due to wind and broke the ele.
What is the best method for reattachment?
Blenderum tape,pinned hinges ,ca hinges or just leave it off who needs an elevator anyway.
Blenderum tape,pinned hinges ,ca hinges all work well. I say leave it off and video is required!

Ted
G550Ted is offline Find More Posts by G550Ted
Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:40 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G550Ted View Post
Blenderum tape,pinned hinges ,ca hinges all work well. I say leave it off and video is required!

Ted
I didn't mention the rudder was snapped off to but that's an easy fix but I could save some weight if I just left the tail feathers off and wouldn't have to put the lipo way up front in the nose and then mix in some stuff on my digital radio for aileron multi functions.
But really I'm not sure what to try as I have never had to reattach a control surface. Not sure how well blenderm will hold up to heat and cold and not sure how well I can align hinges.

As for video we always have a few cams running
eckace1 is offline Find More Posts by eckace1
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:23 PM
Row 0, Seat A
Savannah, GA
Joined Jan 2008
2,739 Posts
Quote:
I didn't mention the rudder was snapped off to but that's an easy fix but I could save some weight if I just left the tail feathers off and wouldn't have to put the lipo way up front in the nose and then mix in some stuff on my digital radio for aileron multi functions.
But really I'm not sure what to try as I have never had to reattach a control surface. Not sure how well blenderm will hold up to heat and cold and not sure how well I can align hinges.

That's the spirit, make it tailless and fly like a heli.

Seriously, any of the hinging types will work well. Blenderm will hold up fine in all kinds of weather and even if it gets wet, is easy to apply and is fast and cheap. Google 'how to make tape hinges' or the like for a few tips and techniques, but it ain't rocket science 'cause even I can do it!

Ted
G550Ted is offline Find More Posts by G550Ted
Old Jan 24, 2013, 06:59 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:

Quit moaning and do what Ted told you to do. Anything you use (just tape it) will be stronger then the skinny piece of foam that use to hold it.

Now, time to get back in the pool.
2500GENE is online now Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Old Jan 25, 2013, 05:38 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Mar 2011
96 Posts
So, is the original Easy Star extinct? I just bombed mine yesterday and I started searching for a replacement only to find they've all been replaced with EZ2's. Sucks. I have so much specifically made for the dimensions of the original.

Well... I guess I'll have to get with the times. Are there any lists of recommended mods / power systems / whatever for the EZ2?
Casey_S is offline Find More Posts by Casey_S
Old Jan 25, 2013, 09:21 AM
United States, ID, Rexburg
Joined Sep 2008
6,454 Posts
I have watched this thread for a year now, (I was thinking about buying an EZStar) and having done it with a pair of heli's (small co-ax) I save the airframes and spares. If seems that while manufacturers change the electronics, a lot of the spares (prop blades/rotors, linkages, servos, motors) stay the same. I would just keep my EZ stuff and use it for spares.
Foo
fooman2008 is offline Find More Posts by fooman2008