HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 01, 2012, 04:34 AM
Me a long time ago
Flypoppa's Avatar
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Blink View Post
Fantastic location for FPV!! You are so lucky!

You know what? When I retire I think I've just got to visit the US with anFPV EZII in the luggage.......
Ah come on Blink. There are still some wonderful places in the UK that are waiting to be discovered and flown over with an EZ*.
Flypoppa is online now Find More Posts by Flypoppa
RCG Plus Member
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2012, 06:16 AM
Agricultural flyer
mixer421's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Aug 2007
508 Posts
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
Excellent start to the 2012 thread Gene & Co. Plenty of and a few .
Thanks to Ashton for the EZ*II photos. M'plex have really made some great changes. I may have to shelve my plans for a Fun Cub in favour of a MkII star.
mixer421 is offline Find More Posts by mixer421
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2012, 07:07 AM
Registered User
AshtonFlyer's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Dec 2011
628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixer421 View Post
Thanks to Ashton for the EZ*II photos. M'plex have really made some great changes. I may have to shelve my plans for a Fun Cub in favour of a MkII star.
I can't take the credit for those!

Thank Verid in this thread - I just brought it to the attention of a wider audience

Here's to many an evening poring over build logs until I can afford one myself heheh
AshtonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by AshtonFlyer
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2012, 08:03 AM
Wallop!
Martin7182's Avatar
Bussum, Netherlands
Joined Oct 2009
784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa View Post
Ah come on Blink. There are still some wonderful places in the UK that are waiting to be discovered and flown over with an EZ*.
+1 to that!
Blinky, stop being pathetic . You live in a great country without fences and restricted areas all over the place. Once I retire I'll move to England where there's still free space to play .

Martin
Martin7182 is offline Find More Posts by Martin7182
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2012, 08:06 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Colonel Blink's Avatar
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2008
3,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa View Post
Ah come on Blink. There are still some wonderful places in the UK that are waiting to be discovered and flown over with an EZ*.
I agree. But only this morning I was wondering about alternative places to fly locally. All the Leeds/Bradford park byelaws forbid any power other than rubber or muscle (even CO2 is expressly banned). This got me wondering about 'ad hoc' sites, which in turn made me ruminate upon cultural attitudes of the general public in different countries - and not just pertaining to FPV. In my opinion there are many countries (France, Italy, Spain etc) where Jose Publique would take the view 'Wow, that's great! Not for me, but enjoy it. Legality? Hadn't really thought about it'; in other countries (such as the US) I get the impression it's more 'If its legal, then enjoy it' whereas in the UK the general attitude seems to be 'If that's not illegal, then it bloody well should be'.

This attitude seems to be getting more ingrained - as a 12 year old I flew diesel power in the local park and hill. No one complained. Yet only a few months ago I had to take a diplomatic attitude on a full-sized pilots forum with a guy who had described an FPV video (not one of Trappy's) where the guy had reached several thousand feet as 'insanely dangerous'. I was threatened to have my EZ* blasted out of the sky by a couple of gamekeepers (aka thugs with shotguns and an L200 Bullymobile with half a brain between them).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin. View Post
You live in a great country without fences and restricted areas all over the place. Once I retire I'll move to England where there's still free space to play .
Sorry Martin, but I think you'll find that those days are long past. The Fun Police have taken over.
Colonel Blink is online now Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2012, 08:40 AM
Team Daedalus
Wolveslayr's Avatar
Joined Jun 2008
1,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Blink View Post
I agree. But only this morning I was wondering about alternative places to fly locally. All the Leeds/Bradford park byelaws forbid any power other than rubber or muscle (even CO2 is expressly banned). This got me wondering about 'ad hoc' sites, which in turn made me ruminate upon cultural attitudes of the general public in different countries - and not just pertaining to FPV. In my opinion there are many countries (France, Italy, Spain etc) where Jose Publique would take the view 'Wow, that's great! Not for me, but enjoy it. Legality? Hadn't really thought about it'; in other countries (such as the US) I get the impression it's more 'If its legal, then enjoy it' whereas in the UK the general attitude seems to be 'If that's not illegal, then it bloody well should be'.

This attitude seems to be getting more ingrained - as a 12 year old I flew diesel power in the local park and hill. No one complained. Yet only a few months ago I had to take a diplomatic attitude on a full-sized pilots forum with a guy who had described an FPV video (not one of Trappy's) where the guy had reached several thousand feet as 'insanely dangerous'. I was threatened to have my EZ* blasted out of the sky by a couple of gamekeepers (aka thugs with shotguns and an L200 Bullymobile with half a brain between them).
Sorry Martin, but I think you'll find that those days are long past. The Fun Police have taken over.
My thinking is the density of people vs. parks. I can see any country not wanting you to fly near housing, schools or busy roads. That describes where I live but if no one is using the park people don't care.

At the same park I've shot 7' rockets and flown the EZ. Little old ladies gather to watch, even ask questions.

"Will you be able to put it back together sonny? We'll wait!"

Todd
Wolveslayr is offline Find More Posts by Wolveslayr
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2012, 09:04 AM
Flying low is expensive.
pdiddyg40's Avatar
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Jul 2008
2,398 Posts
Everybody, I'm signing in to the new thread. Hope anyone didn't drink enough to prohibit them from flying on New Years Day Hey Gene, great start to the new thread! It didn't hurt (much) did it?

-P.D.
pdiddyg40 is offline Find More Posts by pdiddyg40
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2012, 09:51 AM
Why so serious?
2500GENE's Avatar
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiddyg40 View Post
Everybody, I'm signing in to the new thread. Hope anyone didn't drink enough to prohibit them from flying on New Years Day Hey Gene, great start to the new thread! It didn't hurt (much) did it?

-P.D.
groan.. stop typing so loud.
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2012, 09:54 AM
Gravity-Compliant User
Zaurak3's Avatar
Nebraska USA
Joined Mar 2008
1,450 Posts
Happy New Year, gang!

Great to see the new 2012 EZ* thread up (I slept in this morning, late night and all that...). Kudos to Gene, Rick & Bob (and Kevin) for all the good work.

We've been having an uncharacteristically warm, sunny winter, and I have been keeping my EZ* in the air. Blue skies and warm today, but a bit breezy. May have to get some flying in anyway, the EZ* is in the Yukon, ready to go!
Zaurak3 is offline Find More Posts by Zaurak3
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2012, 10:54 AM
Registered User
Jurgen Heilig's Avatar
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiddyg40 View Post
...
Hope anyone didn't drink enough to prohibit them from flying on New Years Day ...
I never drink and fly ... and of course I have been out flying on on New Years Day:
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2012, 11:00 AM
Gravity? No, the Earth sucks
scottdearinger's Avatar
United States, IA, Des Moines
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
NOTICE:

Bob (Chairwolf) and NightRunner417 (Rick) are Registered Trademarks of 2500GENE LLC. Non-abuse of these products are prohibited.
This product is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. List each check separately by bank number. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Postage will be paid by addressee. Subject to approval. This is not an offer to sell securities. Apply only to affected area. May be too intense for some viewers. Do not stamp. Use other side for additional listings. For recreational use only. Do not disturb. All models over 18 years of age. If condition persists, consult your physician. No user-serviceable parts inside. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Simulated picture. No postage necessary if mailed in the United States. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. For off-road use only. As seen on TV. One size fits all. Many suitcases look alike. Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. Colors may, in time, fade. We have sent the forms which seem to be right for you. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. Drop in any mailbox. Edited for television. Keep cool; process promptly. Post office will not deliver without postage. List was current at time of printing. Return to sender, no forwarding order on file, unable to forward. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. At participating locations only. Not the Beatles. Penalty for private use. See label for sequence. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Do not write below this line. Falling rock. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Your cancelled check is your receipt. Add toner. Place stamp here. Avoid contact with skin. Sanitized for your protection. Be sure each item is properly endorsed. Sign here without admitting guilt. Slightly higher west of the Mississippi. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog. Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. Limited time offer, call now to insure prompt delivery. You must be present to win. No passes accepted for this engagement. No purchase necessary. Processed at location stamped in code at top of carton. Shading within a garment may occur. Use only in well-ventilated area. Keep away from fire or flame. Replace with same type. Approved for veterans. Booths for two or more. Check here if tax deductible. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include taxes. No Canadian coins. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No solicitors. No alcohol, dogs, or horses. No anchovies unless otherwise specified. Restaurant package, not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. First pull up, then pull down. Call toll free before digging. Driver does not carry cash. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Record additional transactions on back of previous stub. Decision of judges is final.

This supersedes all previous notices.

Thank you,
Gene
I believe you missed- Glass, handle carefully, fragile, refrigerate after opening, this thread protected by video surveillance, and most important- If enhancement lasts longer than four hours, call your Doctor.....
scottdearinger is offline Find More Posts by scottdearinger
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2012, 11:08 AM
Why so serious?
2500GENE's Avatar
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig View Post
I never drink and fly ... and of course I have been out flying on on New Years Day:
Hi Jurgen.
Is that you in that pic? I'd like to use it on the picture post of page one, if you don't mind.

This way we can monitor your receding hair line over the year.

G
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Last edited by 2500GENE; Jan 01, 2012 at 11:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2012, 11:16 AM
Registered User
Jurgen Heilig's Avatar
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
Hi Jurgen.
It that you in that pic. I'd like to use it on the picture post of page one, if you don't mind.

This way we can monitor your receding hair line over the year.

G
I don't think you will notice much difference over just ony year.

With increasing age, you need a slightly bigger space for the solar panel.

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2012, 11:22 AM
Robot, RC Pilot & Builder :-)
kevinhines's Avatar
Roanoke, VA, USA
Joined Jul 2006
4,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig View Post
I never drink and fly ... and of course I have been out flying on on New Years Day:
Nice photo! Is that a recent photo of your 2003, original EasyStar? It looks brand new!
kevinhines is offline Find More Posts by kevinhines
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 01, 2012, 11:30 AM
Gravity? No, the Earth sucks
scottdearinger's Avatar
United States, IA, Des Moines
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaurak3 View Post
Happy New Year, gang!

Great to see the new 2012 EZ* thread up (I slept in this morning, late night and all that...). Kudos to Gene, Rick & Bob (and Kevin) for all the good work.

We've been having an uncharacteristically warm, sunny winter, and I have been keeping my EZ* in the air. Blue skies and warm today, but a bit breezy. May have to get some flying in anyway, the EZ* is in the Yukon, ready to go!
Yes -GREAT NEW THREAD GUYS- AND Hello Nebraska- we are having a wind advisory here in Des Moines, Ia today winds 20-30 and gusting to 40+mph- so of course I will go try and fly the old Ez mk1 (just trying to total old beat up bird on video so justify replacement) besides this thing flies great in wind- love the challenge. Only real tough part for me is landing in turbulence. If we get some good video I will post it later..Happy New Year !!!
scottdearinger is offline Find More Posts by scottdearinger
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale NIP proline tires with foams and ultra foams 48chebbie Cars - Trucks and Parts (FS/W) 0 Dec 09, 2011 04:47 PM
For Sale 1.9 Dark Soul wheels with Cobra tires and memory foams ATCH Cars - Trucks and Parts (FS/W) 0 Nov 14, 2011 06:14 PM
Discussion Different foams south.tx.dead.I Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 2 Sep 27, 2011 03:40 PM
Discussion Foams Guz Composites Fabrication 10 Apr 09, 2011 08:25 AM
Discussion Depron/Wall Foams highdesert Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 21 Mar 19, 2011 10:57 PM