HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 28, 2012, 07:41 PM
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Dec 2010
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
I will agree with you that is one tight space to fly in but you did real good at not hitting any poles, trees, bleachers, etc...

Now please tell me you weren't broadcasting the Valkyrie from loud speakers on your EZ while flying and you don't like the smell of napalm in the morning.
Well,I am a Nam' vet ...But,surely I wouldn't take it to the extreme...maybe just a pint or two of napalm is all...
planesilver is offline Find More Posts by planesilver
to remove ads between posts
Old May 28, 2012, 07:48 PM
Gravity? No, the Earth sucks
United States, IA, Des Moines
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
okay MORE CARNAGE FOR THE MASSES- HOW COME THIS SEEMS LIKE THE ROMAN COLOSSEUM- THE CROWD CAN SMELL BLOOD.

Easystars fly and Easystars die- total fail and death crash.wmv (4 min 45 sec)
scottdearinger is offline Find More Posts by scottdearinger
Old May 28, 2012, 07:49 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdearinger View Post
Oh i guarantee Eckace and I have done several flights in 25mph+ winds- one day we launched with 20mph and gusts to 35- it was not fun- but we didn't crash that day- and today we had gusts to 20 and a lot of turbulance and it drove me to the ground on launch and snapped off Eckace's wing in flight- video almost done uploading to youtube- this is a good one guys- we are nympho crash sluts- just can't get enough Airplane violence..
If you guys keep crashing and posting on youtube they may never let you out of Iowa to visit Florida.

Gene, maybe that is a good idea.
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Old May 28, 2012, 07:57 PM
Joined Aug 2011
1,600 Posts
Quote:
okay MORE CARNAGE FOR THE MASSES- HOW COME THIS SEEMS LIKE THE ROMAN COLOSSEUM- THE CROWD CAN SMELL BLOOD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoBo-...ature=youtu.be
If you are up to any suggestions I might say that only using just Velcro is not a good way to keep the cameras on the plane if you are going to go through that sudden stop syndrome.

Maybe a second attachment like a tether or duct tape.
Old May 28, 2012, 08:09 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
Quote:
If you are up to any suggestions I might say that only using just Velcro is not a good way to keep the cameras on the plane if you are going to go through that sudden stop syndrome.

Maybe a second attachment like a tether or duct tape.
we have been considering kevlar string..but for now we just carry the metal detector
Old May 28, 2012, 08:13 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,794 Posts
I think it is one of Scotts best editing so far and for the crashes it must be the German design to keep us broke buying replacement parts.
Ok my last 2 crashes were from dead radio battery and this one you can see for yourself.

Scott and the Girls have a date with Gene as they even have sent documentation per Genes request but there still waiting on Genes end verifying his real address and in fact there is a pond um pool and Gene has his rabbie shots up to date.
eckace1 is online now Find More Posts by eckace1
Last edited by eckace1; May 28, 2012 at 08:56 PM.
Old May 28, 2012, 08:26 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
I cant believe the thing hit so hard the sd card came out of the gopro- and you found the card!!!
also i can't understand why the #16 failed -we took it apart-all the parts are solid state surface mount technology and nothing is loose or looks anything but new
and the HK did a great job of continuing to record and survived getting stepped on-lol
just another day at the air races
Old May 28, 2012, 08:39 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckace1 View Post
I think it is one of Scotts best editing so far and for the crashes it must be the German design to keep us broke buying replacement parts.
Ok my last 2 crashes were from dead radio battery and this one you can see for yourself.

Scott and the Girls have a date with Gene as they even have sent documentation per Genes request but there still waiting on Genes end verifying his real address and in fact there is a pond um pool and Gene has his rabbi shots up to date.
I really doubt Gene has any idea what a date with the RC music video girls could do to his reputation, his heart, or his mental state and psyche when he realizes the next day he may not see them again- Bob has some idea and he knows it can be like running with scissors or walking a highwire without a net

what is a rabbi shot? - oh rabies- yes -they could bite...
Last edited by scottdearinger; May 28, 2012 at 08:54 PM.
Old May 28, 2012, 09:02 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,794 Posts
Quote:
I really doubt Gene has any idea what a date with the RC music video girls could do to his reputation, his heart, or his mental state and psyche when he realizes the next day he may not see them again- Bob has some idea and he knows it can be like running with scissors or walking a highwire without a net

what is a rabbi shot? - oh rabies- yes -they could bite...
I'm not going there as they wouldn't belive me anyway.
eckace1 is online now Find More Posts by eckace1
Old May 28, 2012, 09:25 PM
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Dec 2010
333 Posts
I've had sd cards pop out on hard landings ....I solved that by using a small flat rubber band.... That's on key cams and md-80's...
planesilver is offline Find More Posts by planesilver
Last edited by planesilver; May 28, 2012 at 09:46 PM.
Old May 28, 2012, 10:17 PM
Joined Aug 2011
1,600 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckace1 View Post

Scott and the Girls have a date with Gene as they even have sent documentation per Genes request but there still waiting on Genes end verifying his real address and in fact there is a pond um pool and Gene has his rabbie shots up to date.
Well. If Scott can't verify Gene's location along with his pond-pool they all can come by my place. I do have a pool.

Oh and your invited too Bob.
Old May 29, 2012, 02:02 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2008
3,522 Posts
Quote:
Woohoo!!! Now that's what we're talking about!!!! I for one would be willing to send Bob a buck towards a new wing if it means you two guys keep the entertainment coming!!!

errr... what weight is Bob's EZ? At the moment, mine weighs in @ c1060g when the FPV gear is aboard, and I don't pull loops for fear of an autoreduction in wingspan.....
Colonel Blink is offline Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
Old May 29, 2012, 03:48 AM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,090 Posts
Quote:
we have been considering kevlar string..but for now we just carry the metal detector
If I might suggest, I have a lanyard on my mini cams. Attached to a part such as a battery lead. Also I put a piece of tape over the memory card incase it decides to go AWOL.
Flypoppa is online now Find More Posts by Flypoppa
RCG Plus Member
Old May 29, 2012, 06:25 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2008
3,522 Posts
I lost my #16 keycam from the door pocket of my car........
Colonel Blink is offline Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
Old May 29, 2012, 06:28 AM
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Well. If Scott can't verify Gene's location along with his pond-pool they all can come by my place. I do have a pool.

Oh and your invited too Bob.
Now that's hospitality right there-

Spring break of 13- disneyworld- I am wondering if I can fly easy from the resort for Disney aerial video?