HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 31, 2011, 08:02 PM
Robot, RC Pilot & Builder :-)
Roanoke, VA, USA
Joined Jul 2006
4,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairwolf View Post
AAAAAAAnd we have LIFT-OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOO-HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob, you can say that again!!!

Hey Gene, you changed the name of the thread exactly at T = 0 Launch time... Perfect!! Woo-Hoo!

Gentlemen, Excellent Stealth Mode work!!

Happy 2012 EasyStar Everyone!
kevinhines is offline Find More Posts by kevinhines
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2011, 08:04 PM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,785 Posts
WHOOOHOOO
HAPPY NEW YEAR

Does anyone has newest EZ already?
nakelp86 is offline Find More Posts by nakelp86
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New (old) Disco gimbal
Old Dec 31, 2011, 08:09 PM
Stantheman
LaGrange, Ky.
Joined May 2004
428 Posts
Uhh.....wher am i? huney do we have any more ice.... has anybody seen my burban bottel? ima gona take my eazystar out fer a nite flite. wissh me luke..
Stantheman is offline Find More Posts by Stantheman
Old Dec 31, 2011, 08:10 PM
Roanoke, VA, USA
Joined Jul 2006
4,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakelp86 View Post
WHOOOHOOO
HAPPY NEW YEAR

Does anyone has newest EZ already?
Hey Nakelp, I don't know any suppliers who are selling it in the USA yet...

Everyone, please let us all know when the EasyStar Mk II is available in the US!!

PS - I hope the stowaway inside port engine #2 survived Major Tom's Saturn V rocket engine launch!!!
Old Dec 31, 2011, 08:10 PM
Fly Like A Thing Posessed!
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Nov 2010
1,777 Posts
Ooooh there it is! Happy almost New Year to everyone and welcome to the 2012 EZ* thread! May the New Year bring you all the greatest things that the imagination (and good foam) can offer! :-)

Rick NR417
NightRunner417 is offline Find More Posts by NightRunner417
Old Dec 31, 2011, 08:13 PM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,785 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhines View Post
Hey Nakelp, I don't know any suppliers who are selling it in the USA yet...
Hmm I cant find last year model anywhere :-(
Thx Kev, I am boomed after this crash today so Im searching for new EZ to feel better LOL
nakelp86 is offline Find More Posts by nakelp86
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New (old) Disco gimbal
Old Dec 31, 2011, 08:50 PM
Roanoke, VA, USA
Joined Jul 2006
4,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakelp86 View Post
Hmm I cant find last year model anywhere :-(
Thx Kev, I am boomed after this crash today so Im searching for new EZ to feel better LOL
Gotcha, buddy! Good Luck with the search!

Kevin

PS - I'm not sure why, but my EasyStar's wing saddle seems a bit loose... any ideas?
Old Dec 31, 2011, 09:08 PM
Roanoke, VA, USA
Joined Jul 2006
4,179 Posts
This EasyStar video is dedicated to Gene, Rick, Bob & Todd... and everyone else who will participate and make the 2012 EasyStar Thread a success!

FPV EasyStar Mountain Lake Flight 2011-12-26 (5 min 31 sec)
Old Dec 31, 2011, 10:19 PM
Fly Like A Thing Posessed!
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Nov 2010
1,777 Posts
John Fogerty and a really GREAT flight - this is not fun, this is not adventure... this is DESTINY. NICE one Kevin, sorry I slacked and didn't watch this sooner! Very nicely executed, beautiful all the way around and that landing was like, "Hey, no big", haha. I could tell you were really on a cloud though there at the end when you said a few words for us. I could really connect with your energy. :-)

Thank you btw for your kind words for us 2012 TS rodents! I'm sure I speak for us all when I say that we just hope we can do at least partway toward the excellent job you did in the previous two years!

Here's to someday flying together, I think that would be a blast and it would be excellent to meet you guys! As we speak, I've torn the stock lens out of my new GoPro (it never takes me long to start grabbing for tools) and I'm working on customizing her personality for the first truly HD flight videos. I'm grounded for a bit but if things work out for me in the next couple of days, I'll try to get her out and up for some flight footage. I might even do a little GoPro infrared! :-)

Rick NR417

PS: Indeed, here's to not just the TS crew, and Kevin our previous TS, but to ALL of you that make the EZ* thread the great experience that it is. HAPPY NEW YEAR and may it bring all of you closer to your dreams. :-)
NightRunner417 is offline Find More Posts by NightRunner417
Old Dec 31, 2011, 10:23 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,275 Posts
Great start to 2012. Just sit back and wait for the royalty checks to come in from the book you just published.

Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Prof100; Jan 01, 2012 at 12:18 AM.
Old Jan 01, 2012, 01:38 AM
Team Daedalus
Joined Jun 2008
1,233 Posts
Team Daedalus, checking in!

Just remember it's never to late to realize a dream.

Bob (Clint Eastwood) tells Gene (Tommy Lee Jones) "the plan is for you fly the Easy Star 2012 thread this year and then next year and forever and ever. It's all in black and white even Kevin and Col. Blink, Vantastic and Jurgen are in on it."

Then Gene (Tommy Lee Jones) said to Bob (Clint Eastwood) "You don't need to be putting foolish notions in the mind of a fool, especially a damned old fool."

Todd
from "Space Cowboys"
Wolveslayr is offline Find More Posts by Wolveslayr
Old Jan 01, 2012, 03:04 AM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,071 Posts
Here I am yet again. I have said t once already,but again I will sayHappy new year everyone and may your EZ* flights be successful.
Flypoppa is online now Find More Posts by Flypoppa
Old Jan 01, 2012, 03:21 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2008
3,480 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=9357

OK, so I'm starting to get interested.....

Are these programmable for trigger voltage? What else do they do? How are they connected into the system???

Oh, and HNY and all that blahblah.... personally, I heave a sigh of relief on Jan 1st.....
Colonel Blink is offline Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
Old Jan 01, 2012, 03:23 AM
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Dec 2011
628 Posts
Happy New Flights

Here are pics courtesy of Verid in the EZII Thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verid View Post
Announced for some time "refreshed" version of well known Multiplex model finally became available in Poland and since I like my Mk.I very much and my brother made me choose my Christmas gift so Easy Star Mk.II will be successor to my worn out "Izzi".

According to info provided by producer main improvements over earlier version are:

-ailerons
-motor mount for brushless setup plus folding prop
-removable horizontal stabilizer

Only those? Let's see what's in the box:

At first glance the box is almost identical with Mk.I one. Inside (KIT version) we find fuselage, wings, horizontal stab and all necessary small parts packed in plastic bags plus set of decals. All ELAPOR parts are protected by bubble foil .

As usual Multiplex vacuum cast ELAPOR parts are top quality and fit each other perfectly.

Fuselage - here can be found much more improvements than "official" ones. Cylindrical, flimsy piece of foam that served as motor mount in Mk.I was replaced by large socket for plastic pod-like motor housing.

Tail part was redesigned to accommodate horizontal stabilizer locking mechanism.

Unfortunately Multiplex engineers didn't think this through too well. First - to insert stab one must pull bottom part of the fuselage. After several repetitions of install/remove procedure bottom part might become loose creating necessity to add some modifications. Second - Mpx provided only barrel like push-rod connectors which require proper setting of elevator position each time stabilizer is installed. If only they got some snap like connectors...

Internal fuselage space was enlarged up to motor mount.

Other innovations include grooves inside fuselage bottom forming channel for aerial of 35MHz systems (instead of usual slits on the edges of fuselage halves) and similar grooves in nose part of fuse for some reinforcing rods.
Tail section of the fuse has noticeably more foam comparing to Mk.I version.

Elevator and rudder servos are mounted deeper inside hull and are covered by special foam parts which improve model's aerodynamics. Some plastic frames for servo mounting are also provided.

Accessories include special holders for servo extension leads or Y-cable to make aileron servo connecting a little bit easier.

Vertical stabilizer and rudder are noticeably larger than in earlier version.

Whole fuselage is longer.

Canopy and cargo space opening are longer but internal fuse dimension is slightly reduced.

Horizontal stabilizer is almost unchanged except central section which was redesigned for locking mechanism.

Motor tower - Mpx finally stopped making user to stitch ESC deep inside plane's hull and provided spacious motor mount with removable lid which allow easy access to drive components.

Foldable prop is a very nice addition to whole setup.

Wings profile remain almost unchanged. Only exception is servo hole and aileron.

Also wing joining was changed a bit and reinforcing tube bottom cover has different shape. Reinforcing tube is the same as in Mk.I so I'm going to replace it with longer carbon tube I was using in my old EZ.

As you can see Mk.II has many changes. Whether they are real improvements or not - remains to be seen.

Build log will follow as soon as I got some free time....
I particularly like the pre-cut groove 'for 35mhz' - looks perfect for a carbon rod
AshtonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by AshtonFlyer
Last edited by AshtonFlyer; Jan 01, 2012 at 03:31 AM.
Old Jan 01, 2012, 03:27 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2008
3,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinhines View Post
Fantastic location for FPV!! You are so lucky!

You know what? When I retire I think I've just got to visit the US with anFPV EZII in the luggage.......
Colonel Blink is offline Find More Posts by Colonel Blink