HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 11, 2012, 03:59 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen Heilig View Post
If this is the case, you should be able to provide a link and a CE certificate of conformity.

Jürgen
I can't be bothered. So what now? Your move.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 11, 2012, 04:09 AM
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Dec 2011
628 Posts
AshtonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by AshtonFlyer
Old Apr 11, 2012, 04:11 AM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,090 Posts
Was that a chess game or what?
Flypoppa is offline Find More Posts by Flypoppa
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 11, 2012, 04:20 AM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypoppa View Post
Was that a chess game or what?
No idea. Running a rather "dirty", unsyncronised telemetry tx near your RC rx is never a good idea. Good thing is, the telemetry tx transmits only 4 times per second. Even if the RC rx can't hear the RC tx signal during that period, you won't notice it that much in a model like the EasyStar.

While 99% of users may never have a problem with the Quanum set, I worry about the remaining 1%. Running a system which does not comply with CE standards can get you in a lot of trouble when there is an accident.

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Old Apr 11, 2012, 08:11 AM
More Pixels!
Collegedale TN
Joined Jan 2006
1,412 Posts
Quote:
If this is the case, you should be able to provide a link and a CE certificate of conformity.

Jürgen
Click on the fourth picture at http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...mp_mAh_V2.html
jbeckett is offline Find More Posts by jbeckett
Old Apr 11, 2012, 08:33 AM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeckett View Post
Well, a picture is no substitute for a legal document, i.e. a certificate of conformity for the appropriate country, signed by the responsible person for the product in this country.

Tx output: 20dbm<100mW is too high for a DSSS sytem in Europe. Only FHSS systems are allowed to use 100mW. For DSSS the limit is usually 10mW.

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is offline Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:41 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,939 Posts
Quote:
Well, a picture is no substitute for a legal document, i.e. a certificate of conformity for the appropriate country, signed by the responsible person for the product in this country.

Tx output: 20dbm<100mW is too high for a DSSS sytem in Europe. Only FHSS systems are allowed to use 100mW. For DSSS the limit is usually 10mW.

Jürgen
I've asked the UK importer if they have the certification document. Doubt they will, going by what you say, in which case they will have some explaining to do.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 11, 2012, 12:45 PM
rcflyer
UK
Joined Jun 2010
844 Posts
Hi,
I am thinking of purchasing a EZ* for FPV use. Do you recommend the heavier (92g) 2835 2700kv motor or a lighter 36g 2600kv out runner? Are there any major mods needed to use brushless options mentioned?
I assume that I can use a larger battery for longer flight times if I opt for the heavier motor?

Cheers
Jim
rcjim11 is offline Find More Posts by rcjim11
Old Apr 11, 2012, 01:05 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjim11 View Post
Hi,
I am thinking of purchasing a EZ* for FPV use. Do you recommend the heavier (92g) 2835 2700kv motor or a lighter 36g 2600kv out runner? Are there any major mods needed to use brushless options mentioned?
I assume that I can use a larger battery for longer flight times if I opt for the heavier motor?

Cheers
Jim
Jim, this might help: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2440
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 11, 2012, 01:09 PM
To build or fly today?
United States, AL, Gulf Shores
Joined Feb 2008
605 Posts
Well, I'm in the process of assembling mine and contructive feedback is appreciated.

Not really a fan of going with a 2200kv & 6x4. Would much rather use a 1900 or even 1400kv & a 7x5 to get that extra thrust at slower speeds.

First things first:
Here is the mount I created today on the lathe. Was a little difficult to get the end due to the size of the dowel so I'll either use a pill bottle cap or can mill out an aluminum cap (probably do the later tomorrow). Size should remain the same.

Question - is this enough clearance for a 7x5 or is it suggested to extend it out a tad further?

Thoughts are to leave it as is and cut down a few SF 8x5's to around 6.5" diameter. Anything to get that extra thrust. Is it worth the effort?

Lastly - how do you secure the dowel to the fuselage? I can wrap it in double back tape but would rather not make it permanent. Is thrust alone enough to keep it secure (pushing foward)?

Thanks for the feedback, -Jr.
Doubledog is offline Find More Posts by Doubledog
Old Apr 11, 2012, 01:25 PM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
6,685 Posts
I'm using a lower kV motor in mine and a 7x5 prop. Plenty of power at low amps. I'm using sotog's custom aluminum motor mount so there's plenty of clearance, even if I needed an 8" prop. I glued the motor mount into the fuselage so it's semi-permanent but the mount is adjustable. I would glue the dowel/pill bottle in and not trust the forward thrust and/or the friction of the mount to be enough to hold it into place. But that's just me.
Mike_Then is offline Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 11, 2012, 01:28 PM
Agricultural flyer
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Aug 2007
508 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubledog View Post
Well, I'm in the process of assembling mine and contructive feedback is appreciated.

Not really a fan of going with a 2200kv & 6x4. Would much rather use a 1900 or even 1400kv & a 7x5 to get that extra thrust at slower speeds.

First things first:
Here is the mount I created today on the lathe. Was a little difficult to get the end due to the size of the dowel so I'll either use a pill bottle cap or can mill out an aluminum cap (probably do the later tomorrow). Size should remain the same.

Question - is this enough clearance for a 7x5 or is it suggested to extend it out a tad further?

Thoughts are to leave it as is and cut down a few SF 8x5's to around 6.5" diameter. Anything to get that extra thrust. Is it worth the effort?

Lastly - how do you secure the dowel to the fuselage? I can wrap it in double back tape but would rather not make it permanent. Is thrust alone enough to keep it secure (pushing foward)?

Thanks for the feedback, -Jr.
Perhaps drilling down through the nacelle and dowel and about1" into the fuselage to take a 3/16 or 1/4" dowel pin held in place with tape over the top of the nacelle. If the dowel mount isn't fixed it could rotate.
mixer421 is offline Find More Posts by mixer421
Old Apr 11, 2012, 02:07 PM
UK, Bedworth
Joined Apr 2004
2,571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjim11 View Post
Hi,

Cheers
Jim
Generally I prefer to keep the weight down as much as possible it depends on how many watts you want to push through the motor. Have a look at http://www.peakeff.com/Default.aspx and enter your motor details and see if you are overloading it

Terry
Terry Rigden is offline Find More Posts by Terry Rigden
Old Apr 11, 2012, 02:11 PM
To build or fly today?
United States, AL, Gulf Shores
Joined Feb 2008
605 Posts
Super ideas and I'll consider them in a day or two as that process nears.

Just came back from the shop. In the process of milling out an aluminum cap to fit over the dowel. It will be large enough to allow at least a 1/4" of vertical mount for the motor to get the 7x5 prop on there.

Only concern now is the thrust line as it will be just that (1/4") off if going upwards with the motor. Any ill effects in doing such? Having read through a lot of the 160+ pages, it doesn't seem like an issue.
Doubledog is offline Find More Posts by Doubledog
Old Apr 11, 2012, 02:44 PM
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Dec 2011
628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubledog View Post
Super ideas and I'll consider them in a day or two as that process nears.

Just came back from the shop. In the process of milling out an aluminum cap to fit over the dowel. It will be large enough to allow at least a 1/4" of vertical mount for the motor to get the 7x5 prop on there.

Only concern now is the thrust line as it will be just that (1/4") off if going upwards with the motor. Any ill effects in doing such? Having read through a lot of the 160+ pages, it doesn't seem like an issue.
I ended up going with an 1130kv on my EZII (which can take a 7" prop as stock) and loved it - hence I am going the same way with my Bixler, which is an EZI clone.

I have done something similar, and have bumped the motor mount up about 1", which I've been assured won't affect the thrust line. When I get my finger outta my.. ..ear, I will either wrap the internal mount bulk in masking tape before spot gluing or use double-sided tape.

My mount core is the 'stock' Bixler fake plywood pieces (could be cork!) with added kebab sticks and gorilla glue. The height adjustment plate was a trimmed piece of 6mm marine ply, screwed and GG'd - then the entire lot was brushed with CA to soak in. Pic in my profile if interested (pretty sure I posted it here a few pages back)
AshtonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by AshtonFlyer