HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 04, 2012, 03:48 PM
UK, Bedworth
Joined Apr 2004
2,580 Posts
More videos

During our recent trip on our canal boat I managed to doaerial videos of some of the Iconic places on the English canal system

Here's one of Braunston which is at the heart of the system. As you will see there are an awful lot of boats tied up there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpcTl...4&feature=plcp

Next is Stoke Bruerne a very pretty canal village that is home to the canals museum. It looks quiet in this video but on a sunny summer Sunday the top lock is ringed by Gongoozzlers ( canal term for audience).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnf_FbjMnms

More to follow tracking our journey down the Grand union canal

Enjoy ( oh and please click on the ads)

Terry
Terry Rigden is online now Find More Posts by Terry Rigden
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2012, 06:30 PM
Gravity? No, the Earth sucks
United States, IA, Des Moines
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaurak3 View Post
Now I understand the reasoning behind the psychedelic-colored EZ* - camouflage for a field full of dandelions!

And, that wasn't a news photographer - it was a prosecuting attorney gathering evidence...
-----or it probably was the owner of the white blazer i landed on the previous video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
I see the Urinator is sporting some new wings. What did Bob do with the old ones anyway?
They were sure warped and nearly unflyable- I gave him a set i had from my old EZ but he misses the blue color of the old ones
scottdearinger is offline Find More Posts by scottdearinger
Old Apr 04, 2012, 06:32 PM
Gravity? No, the Earth sucks
United States, IA, Des Moines
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Rigden View Post
During our recent trip on our canal boat I managed to doaerial videos of some of the Iconic places on the English canal system

Here's one of Braunston which is at the heart of the system. As you will see there are an awful lot of boats tied up there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpcTl...4&feature=plcp

Next is Stoke Bruerne a very pretty canal village that is home to the canals museum. It looks quiet in this video but on a sunny summer Sunday the top lock is ringed by Gongoozzlers ( canal term for audience).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnf_FbjMnms

More to follow tracking our journey down the Grand union canal

Enjoy ( oh and please click on the ads)

Terry
Cool vids mate- that canal system looks cool- but cozy tight...
scottdearinger is offline Find More Posts by scottdearinger
Old Apr 04, 2012, 07:09 PM
I ♥ OpenTX
Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Joined Jan 2011
2,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshtonFlyer View Post
Thanks for the heads-up, I hadn't read that before. I'm assuming they mean surface-to-surface bonding, rather than exposed/split foam? (As Elapor is just a variant of 'standard' foam, surely the chemical composition is nearly identical? Isn't most of the difference in the foaming/curing processes?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Then View Post
I don't think Multiplex recommends epoxy anywhere on their planes. The bond that CA performs on Elapor is pretty damn strong. Spray kicker on one side, give it 10 -15 seconds to dry, put a little CA on the other side, and stick 'em together. Make sure to check alignment first because the parts will bond almost instantly.
What Mike Then said. I don't know enough about the chemistry to speculate as to why, and I believe Elapor is a proprietary formula, but every Multiplex kit that I've assembled so far as carried a warning against the use of epoxy.

The only debate that I've seen centres on whether the kicker is an optional extra which simply makes life easier - because you don't have to wait so long - or whether it actually causes the bond to be stronger. Some have suggested that CA requirement for moisture as a "hydrating" agent cannot be entirely met by foams like Elapor, and that the kicker hence strengthens the overall bond.

One read of the health warnings on the kicker bottle was enough to put me off
H2SO4 is online now Find More Posts by H2SO4
Old Apr 04, 2012, 08:19 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,807 Posts
Quote:
When the missus releases the purse strings a bit (and the company pay my backdated invoices) I'm aiming for a #16 keyfob or two (one for AF Junior, who's broken his Christmas present already..)

On one hand, I'm awed by the videos you guys post, but on the other (like Terry) I end up looking at sky for half the video. I would love to fit my camera at a 45 degree down angle right into the nose; seeing the height/horizon and landscape gives me goose pimples (that's why I'm nervous of FPV for now) - with my landing ability (minimal and bumpy), is this such a good idea?

Edit: this year I will mostly be dribbling over this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1080p-Spor...item3a72925089
Make sure you read up on the thread for the #16 as there are some sd cards that don't work with it.

I might give one a try someday as you never have enough cams.
eckace1 is offline Find More Posts by eckace1
Old Apr 05, 2012, 01:30 AM
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Dec 2011
628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2SO4 View Post
What Mike Then said. I don't know enough about the chemistry to speculate as to why, and I believe Elapor is a proprietary formula, but every Multiplex kit that I've assembled so far as carried a warning against the use of epoxy.

The only debate that I've seen centres on whether the kicker is an optional extra which simply makes life easier - because you don't have to wait so long - or whether it actually causes the bond to be stronger. Some have suggested that CA requirement for moisture as a "hydrating" agent cannot be entirely met by foams like Elapor, and that the kicker hence strengthens the overall bond.

One read of the health warnings on the kicker bottle was enough to put me off
I think my major issue with CA is that it's brittle - are there more plastic varieties out there?
AshtonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by AshtonFlyer
Old Apr 05, 2012, 04:41 AM
I ♥ OpenTX
Joined Jan 2011
2,684 Posts
Quote:
I think my major issue with CA is that it's brittle - are there more plastic varieties out there?
There are "flexible" CA varieties, like this one for example:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...n_CA_1_oz.html

Personally, I'm very fond of Uhu Por. It's sufficiently flexible to resist shattering during crashes, and it's easy to apply and store. Another alternative is the "Jiao Shui" stuff from HK, which is actually very flexible and therefore excellent for relatively large expanses of EPP or Elapor:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...rge_100ml.html

CA's firmness makes it the glue of choice for control horns IMHO. Flexibility is unwanted in that area.
Old Apr 05, 2012, 04:47 AM
Joined Dec 2011
628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2SO4 View Post
There are "flexible" CA varieties, like this one for example:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...n_CA_1_oz.html

Personally, I'm very fond of Uhu Por. It's sufficiently flexible to resist shattering during crashes, and it's easy to apply and store. Another alternative is the "Jiao Shui" stuff from HK, which is actually very flexible and therefore excellent for relatively large expanses of EPP or Elapor:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...rge_100ml.html

CA's firmness makes it the glue of choice for control horns IMHO. Flexibility is unwanted in that area.
Cheers - I think I'll order some of both
Old Apr 05, 2012, 06:08 AM
Agricultural flyer
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Aug 2007
508 Posts
I've never used Kicker, some say it can make the joint brittle. I've found medium CA gives plenty of strength and normally holds within 10 seconds giving just enough time to make adjustments but left undisturbed for a few minutes is plenty strong enough to handle. I've also found hot glue is great for fixing servos - easy enough to cut away if you're not to liberal with it.
mixer421 is offline Find More Posts by mixer421
Old Apr 05, 2012, 06:55 AM
Joined Dec 2011
628 Posts
I've been getting fairly liberal with the hot glue this week - securing weak connections on an LED setup (tiny wires and plugs, easily pulled out)

Just purchased some Loctite 'Flexible' CA - says it's "infused with rubber"
Last edited by AshtonFlyer; Apr 05, 2012 at 01:52 PM.
Old Apr 05, 2012, 12:00 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Aug 2010
1,077 Posts
Foam tec is very flexible and strong. I use it for most of my hinges.
Bill0 is offline Find More Posts by Bill0
Old Apr 05, 2012, 05:54 PM
Row 0, Seat A
Savannah, GA
Joined Jan 2008
2,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill0 View Post
Foam tec is very flexible and strong. I use it for most of my hinges.
Are you speaking of Beacon Foam-Tac? Just want to be sure, thanx.

Ted
G550Ted is offline Find More Posts by G550Ted
Old Apr 05, 2012, 08:11 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Aug 2010
1,077 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G550Ted View Post
Are you speaking of Beacon Foam-Tac? Just want to be sure, thanx.

Ted
That's it.
Bill0 is offline Find More Posts by Bill0
Old Apr 06, 2012, 06:15 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Here's hoping everyone had a Good Friday.
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Old Apr 06, 2012, 06:36 PM
I ♥ OpenTX
Joined Jan 2011
2,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
Here's hoping everyone had a Good Friday.
Thanks. Every Friday is a Good Friday. It's Mondays that need improvement.