HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 30, 2012, 04:36 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin. View Post
Brookfreeman71, I guess you're using a 2s lipo, so how much amps does it draw at full throttle?

I have two new Hyperion 3900kv inrunner motors (HP-X22L-3900) waiting on the shelf for some crazy project. I may try one of these in my EZ* someday, but I obviously need a stronger ESC, the question is how strong? Since I have two of these motors I could try a pair of big EDF's on the wings; the EZJet haha .

Thanks for sharing your video. Nice flying and also nice park btw.

Martin
It depends on what you are using as far as props and bat.
I run a 2800kv motor on 3s with a 6x4 prop on one of my wings and produces about 35 to 40 amps.
eckace1 is offline Find More Posts by eckace1
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2012, 04:38 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckace1 View Post
I think he is really chicken
Hay any one need some eggs?

These girls work hard and my fridge is full
eckace1 is offline Find More Posts by eckace1
Old Mar 30, 2012, 06:22 PM
Sacramento
Joined Jan 2008
64 Posts
Thx Scott

Gene, my radio does have expo on it and that's something I've been thinking about tinkering with. As far as the music goes, I downloaded it from freemusicarchive.org.
mnegrete is offline Find More Posts by mnegrete
Old Mar 30, 2012, 08:15 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Brookfreeman71, I guess you're using a 2s lipo, so how much amps does it draw at full throttle?

I have two new Hyperion 3900kv inrunner motors (HP-X22L-3900) waiting on the shelf for some crazy project. I may try one of these in my EZ* someday, but I obviously need a stronger ESC, the question is how strong? Since I have two of these motors I could try a pair of big EDF's on the wings; the EZJet haha .

Thanks for sharing your video. Nice flying and also nice park btw.

Martin
Hey Marty,
Max continuous current on that motor is 14 amps on 2 cell. It'll fry very quickly with a 5 or 6 inch prop I would imagine. The twin edf sounds interesting though.
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Old Mar 30, 2012, 08:50 PM
Flyin' the TW!
USA, TX, San Antonio
Joined Jul 2008
270 Posts
It might be a little hard to get the motor out, cause it's attached with double sided tape. I'm going to fly her the way she is for now, my RC budget for the month is all spent! I think I'll be okay as long as I keep the motor runs short
brookfreeman71 is offline Find More Posts by brookfreeman71
Old Mar 30, 2012, 09:13 PM
Flying low is expensive.
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Jul 2008
2,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brookfreeman71 View Post
The motor is only attached with double sided tape. So it should be easy to remove once I can get a new motor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brookfreeman71 View Post
It might be a little hard to get the motor out, cause it's attached with double sided tape. I'm going to fly her the way she is for now, my RC budget for the month is all spent! I think I'll be okay as long as I keep the motor runs short
The good news is, the new month is only 2 days away! I totally understand the whole 'blowing the monthly budget' thing. No worries. But the next time you're holding a $20 bill that the significant other OKs as RC-funding, stop making excuses and buy the new motor.

You're really going to be doing yourself a favor. The motor you now have just isn't suited for the job and you will *probably* burn it up sometime anyway. The commonly suggested 100gram HK inrunner will do the job just fine for you. And instead of drawing 30 amps to do it, it'll do it on 15. AND everything will run cooler.

Convinced yet?
pdiddyg40 is offline Find More Posts by pdiddyg40
Old Mar 30, 2012, 09:15 PM
Flying low is expensive.
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Jul 2008
2,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnegrete View Post
Just wanted to say thanks to all who contribute to this thread. Finally got an Easystar built so I could get my GoPro in the air. Here's a vid with the build and a few of the first flights (successful and unsuccessful)

EasyStar Build
That is AWESOME! Great build and paint job! You've surpassed any construction that I've ever done with an EasyStar. I hope that you get many uneventful flights with that plane, it'd be such a shame to mess up that paint.
pdiddyg40 is offline Find More Posts by pdiddyg40
Old Mar 31, 2012, 02:20 AM
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Dec 2011
628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiddyg40 View Post
That is AWESOME! Great build and paint job! You've surpassed any construction that I've ever done with an EasyStar. I hope that you get many uneventful flights with that plane, it'd be such a shame to mess up that paint.
That was a very cool build log! What paint where you using there?!
AshtonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by AshtonFlyer
Old Mar 31, 2012, 02:20 AM
53859 Niederkassel, Germany
Joined Sep 2000
18,760 Posts
Quote:
I have two new Hyperion 3900kv inrunner motors (HP-X22L-3900) waiting on the shelf for some crazy project. ...
Hi Martin,

these motors don't have the torque to spin a decent sized prop. They were meant for ducted fans or geared applications.

Offered now at $8.-, you may want to get some more for "crazy projects".

http://www.aircraft-world.com/shopexd.asp?id=6076

Jürgen
Jurgen Heilig is online now Find More Posts by Jurgen Heilig
Old Mar 31, 2012, 07:03 AM
Joined Nov 2011
216 Posts
tail flexing

hi ,im having the problem of fuse tail flexing to right ,which make my plane to make right roll ,as i was checking the alignment it flex 0.5cm to right ,to fly staright i need to give opposite rudder ,but you can see in the air like it side slipping ,,

any idea how to fix it ?????????,

in general the fuse tail become soft ,it bend up and down and twist and side ways ,still have the carbon rod 2.5mm running under the fuselage
RC Novice is offline Find More Posts by RC Novice
Last edited by RC Novice; Mar 31, 2012 at 07:12 AM.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 07:13 AM
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Dec 2011
628 Posts
Do you know what's causing the flex, or is it just bending 5mm both ways naturally? Or just 'soft' to the right? (or permanently off?)

Hazarding a guess that the rudder/elevator snake (can't remember which side) is pulling too much - either a 'tight' hinge, or the pull on the servo is too much?

2.5mm CF is pretty thin - I use 4-5mm tube internally. Check servos/hinges first though. If nothing there, maybe strap a CF tube down each side, in a cut groove, or bind along the tail with fibre tape, then a few straps around the tail.
AshtonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by AshtonFlyer
Last edited by AshtonFlyer; Mar 31, 2012 at 07:18 AM.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 07:16 AM
Joined Nov 2011
216 Posts
rudder snake run through the right side of the fuse ,it bends 0.5cm to right , but the fuse tail in general not stiff anymoreand it does bend right and left by the rudder input and up and down by elevator input

pitty i didnt run the carbon tube inside the whole lenght of fuse tail , just a short piece
Old Mar 31, 2012, 07:20 AM
Gravity? No, the Earth sucks
United States, IA, Des Moines
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckace1 View Post
Hay any one need some eggs?

These girls work hard and my fridge is full
actually I will take some more eggs- they were good-

Looking forward to our RC truck jumping over a Slowstick in flight tomorrow- I hope they collide-

On topic- we are filming it from an easystar..

Gunna be a fun video to make.....
scottdearinger is offline Find More Posts by scottdearinger
Old Mar 31, 2012, 07:34 AM
Joined Nov 2011
216 Posts
Last edited by RC Novice; Mar 31, 2012 at 07:47 AM.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 07:47 AM
Joined Nov 2011
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshtonFlyer View Post
Do you know what's causing the flex, or is it just bending 5mm both ways naturally? Or just 'soft' to the right? (or permanently off?)

Hazarding a guess that the rudder/elevator snake (can't remember which side) is pulling too much - either a 'tight' hinge, or the pull on the servo is too much?

2.5mm CF is pretty thin - I use 4-5mm tube internally. Check servos/hinges first though. If nothing there, maybe strap a CF tube down each side, in a cut groove, or bind along the tail with fibre tape, then a few straps around the tail.
its permanently off , good idea , let know how it went