HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 04, 2012, 03:24 PM
Gravity? No, the Earth sucks
United States, IA, Des Moines
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
Man they need to fix attachments so i can show off/scare you guys with my paintjob- this is frustrating....lol
scottdearinger is offline Find More Posts by scottdearinger
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2012, 03:25 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckace1 View Post
WOW I work a weekend and you guys are putting dentures on my new EZ.
Mybe i should just put a big smilly face on it or use original Bob's dentures.

Now along with the Teeth I need to find some sticky letters as you guys came up with A great name for it.

The Urinator it is. Mybe I should put a pic of Genes weinner Dog doing his/her duty on the fuse.
Hey....I draw the line at potty talk.

Drop and give me 20.
2500GENE is online now Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Old Mar 04, 2012, 03:27 PM
Why so serious?
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdearinger View Post
Man they need to fix attachments so i can show off/scare you guys with my paintjob- this is frustrating....lol
I'll turn it back on when I'm darn good and ready.
Old Mar 04, 2012, 03:52 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,807 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
Hey....I draw the line at potty talk.

Drop and give me 20.
Military style ?
eckace1 is offline Find More Posts by eckace1
Old Mar 04, 2012, 04:17 PM
Why so serious?
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Military style ?
That's "Military style, SIR" to you, gator breath. And when done, 100 laps around Scott's outhouse.
Old Mar 04, 2012, 05:33 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,601 Posts
Quote:
you guys are lucky the site is having problems with attachments or you would be looking at pics of my very visible and ugly fruity star paint job in progress
Scott

It wouldn't matter if you could attach the new pictures. I would just delete them so that no one would be harmed looking at the psychedelic colors.

Of course a good pair of sunglasses might protect them.
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Old Mar 04, 2012, 06:52 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3 Posts
Quote:
Ray- here is a video which should show you how far and high you can go- One of the planes shown is using a 72mhz optic 6 tx, the other is a 2.4ghz optic 6- the 72 MHz probably has more range- than my new fangled 2.4 system
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYjMw3oUb1Y
Scott - Thanks for the vid. I guess I don't need to worry about range until I suck it up sally and take the EZ up past 20 ft .

When I first started looking into FPV all I saw in the forums were EZ!EZ!EZ! so I bought one. Obviously I am going to master the stock build before moving onto the upgrades. Having said that, I know this has likely been asked a million times so if someone could straight out answer I would appreciate it:

What brushless motor should I go to if I am adding FPV gear? ESC? Lipo?
I guess I am having a tough time understanding the relationship between motor, what ESC it needed, what battery is needed.

Thanks all for the support.

Raygun
raygun45 is offline Find More Posts by raygun45
Old Mar 04, 2012, 07:15 PM
Why so serious?
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raygun45 View Post
Scott - Thanks for the vid. I guess I don't need to worry about range until I suck it up sally and take the EZ up past 20 ft .

When I first started looking into FPV all I saw in the forums were EZ!EZ!EZ! so I bought one. Obviously I am going to master the stock build before moving onto the upgrades. Having said that, I know this has likely been asked a million times so if someone could straight out answer I would appreciate it:

I guess I am having a tough time understanding the relationship between motor, what ESC it needed, what battery is needed.

Raygun
Ray Gun? What a cool name.

You want a motor that will give you the thrust oz. you will need for near the weight of your plane with the FPV gear installed using a 6 inch prop..A lot of 1800-2500kv motors will do this.
You need to make sure the motor can handle the necessary amps required to produce the thrust, the ESC can pass the amps required and the battery can provide the amps required.
A 28mm brushless inrunner will fit the stock motor location very nice. There are mounts you can buy or make to mount a outrunner also. You can mount a outrunner on some mounts that will allow you run a larger prop then the 6 inch limit required by the inrunner which will produce more thrust with a lower KV motor.
It all starts with thrust required and the prop size you are limited to.
Old Mar 04, 2012, 07:50 PM
Long time newbie
USA, TX, Katy
Joined Nov 2006
976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckace1
Do you guys glue the inner sleeve to the outer sleeve for the control rods?
Quote:
Originally Posted by heymak
The real trick is to not do that. They are designed to move freely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeckett View Post
He isn't talking about the steel control rod - he's talking about the two hollow plastic sleeves. It did seem a bit strange that they were that way.
I didn't glue them together. It worked fine.
I understood quite well. The only tube that should be glue is the outer most to the fuse.
heymak is online now Find More Posts by heymak
Old Mar 04, 2012, 08:11 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,807 Posts
Quote:
That's "Military style, SIR" to you, gator breath. And when done, 100 laps around Scott's outhouse.
The last outhouse I saw we put up on the high school front entrance roof and it was a 4 holler during home comming. circa 77.

Plus by me calling you SIR I guess you don't work for a living.
Old Mar 04, 2012, 08:38 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raygun45 View Post

When I first started looking into FPV all I saw in the forums were EZ!EZ!EZ! so I bought one.

Raygun
I will tell you what is in my plane- As I am not the technical whiz that Gene is- My plane has plenty of power and I am using a 2200kv motor with a 36 amp esc (probably a bit bigger than I need) and I regularly fly with 3s 2200 25c lipo batteries, sometimes I use a 1500mh batt, but not often- I fly in lots of wind and like a little nose weight and I like the long flight times with the 2200's - I am not lifting FPV equipment yet- but i do carry aloft a Gopro, and a couple Hobby King wing cams- motor lifts all of this and the heavy battery with ease and plane still has a decent sink rate when gliding- the plane is simply amazing.. good luck
Old Mar 04, 2012, 08:43 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,807 Posts
Quote:
I'll turn it back on when I'm darn good and ready.
Gene Scott sent me a pic of his EZ all pertied up it is one nice looking bird.

Raybans are a requirement
Last edited by eckace1; Mar 04, 2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old Mar 04, 2012, 09:13 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,601 Posts
Quote:
Gene Scott sent me a pic of his EZ all pertied up it is one nice looking bird.

Raybans are a requirement
Finally. Someone else gets the correct idea of how to protect the eyes from what I anticipate as a very brightly colored plane.

Eckace1. Since you have seen it do you thing maybe using a filter on the camera lens will help tone it down.
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Old Mar 04, 2012, 09:19 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,807 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
Finally. Someone else gets the correct idea of how to protect the eyes from what I anticipate as a very brightly colored plane.

Eckace1. Since you have seen it do you thing maybe using a filter on the camera lens will help tone it down.
Well tomorrow I will see it in person and will have a welders mask handy just in case.

Some of our cameras suffer in low light so this will help. I can't wait to get back in the air again and do some videoing.
Last edited by eckace1; Mar 04, 2012 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Just needed to check spellin as I'm from Iowa and Gene wish he was.
Old Mar 04, 2012, 10:10 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
I can't attach pics- but I can make and post a movie--EZ paint in progress
only took me half a day to think of this

now everyone is in bed

Easystar Bright ugly cool paint job (1 min 0 sec)