Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 03, 2012, 03:31 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
Hey Vince,
No specific area. You can see 95% of the frame from from under the truck. Craw under or put it on a lift.
I believe the recall to inspect is only for the northern states in the heavy snow/ice belt. Toyota blames road salt for the issue along with the frames manufacturer not producing them to Toyota's specs.
They do recalls in phases. Notices are mailed to owners. I bet after the northern states are done they extended it to the south also.
Gene

Thanks for getting back to me. I believe my truck has always been a Floridian. Although the salt air can be an issue down here too.

I guess I can spend some time under it to check it out with my flashlite. Beats going to work.
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2012, 04:55 PM
Gravity? No, the Earth sucks
United States, IA, Des Moines
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
Can we bribe your wife to get you more beer then take away the crutches (and computer) and then come back in a month to get you?
you can try- she is pretty loyal-lol but I could still post with the phone and call for pizza..

Not to sure about the aesthetics of my color choices- but they are visible..here is a small example- white stripe will either be fluorescent yellow or black or left white...or suggest a color- and don't tell me to burn it..
Name: Lee-20120303-00354.jpg
Views: 50
Size: 252.4 KB
Description:
scottdearinger is offline Find More Posts by scottdearinger
Old Mar 03, 2012, 05:02 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
I have a lot of painting yet to do-have to let this much dry for a while It probably isn't going to be the prettiest plane- but I will be able to see it. Eckace's Urinator may win the paint contest- so far I think mine should be called the fruit loop
Name: Lee-20120303-00358.jpg
Views: 48
Size: 186.8 KB
Description:
Old Mar 03, 2012, 05:12 PM
Joined Mar 2012
4 Posts
I just ordered one.

Hello fellow flyers, well after pranging my Phantom F4 this morning in glorious style, a beautiful left pullover into the deck, bits of foam flying everywhere, the wife running for cover haha and me standing looking sheepish like in the middle of the cricket pitch.
That's it I decided more flying practice required a lot different from my Helis that I fly, so I read this forum and said to the boss this is the aircraft I need so looking at the Australian link for the basic kit as stated, Ive got enough gear like mini servos etc to finish her off, I ordered the EZ this morning and look forward to firstly putting her together and then the flight at the cricket oval. I am the only flyer here in Outback Injune in Queensland so this aircraft should be the perfect trainer for me.
So wish me luck and will report on this maiden flight and hopefully agree with you all on just how good this Aircraft is.

Charles
Charles61 is offline Find More Posts by Charles61
Old Mar 03, 2012, 05:27 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,776 Posts
Thats it all this silly talk cricket pitch and you other guys sheesh.

We need to start limiting these britts to a quota on posts dosen't matter though cant understand them and google translater dosent help either.

Good move Charles you will love the EZ can't for the life of me fly helies God nows I have tried.
2 walkera cb 100's and so many spare parts destroyed.

Now I need to get back and make fun of my friend's paint job
eckace1 is offline Find More Posts by eckace1
Old Mar 03, 2012, 05:34 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdearinger View Post
I have a lot of painting yet to do-have to let this much dry for a while It probably isn't going to be the prettiest plane- but I will be able to see it. Eckace's Urinator may win the paint contest- so far I think mine should be called the fruit loop
Attachment 4681470
There are purple fruit loops so I say purple.

I WIN I WIN Mine more purty well untill I forget what Memory channel I am using.
Old Mar 03, 2012, 05:44 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckace1 View Post
There are purple fruit loops so I say purple.

I WIN I WIN Mine more purty well untill I forget what Memory channel I am using.
Hey- I ain't done yet- wait til I say I am ready to be judged - then you can win....lol...maybe- I may be able to pull the rabbit out of the hat yet- maybe...
Old Mar 03, 2012, 05:50 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles61 View Post
. I am the only flyer here in Outback Injune in Queensland so this aircraft should be the perfect trainer for me.
So wish me luck and will report on this maiden flight and hopefully agree with you all on just how good this Aircraft is.

Charles
Hey Charles-A big down under welcome to ya - I hope you didn't hurt any of them crickets- we frown on that up here Anyway put a good brushless motor in her and the EZ star will take you far.. Any questions ? just pipe up- Lots of help here..
Old Mar 03, 2012, 06:16 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,776 Posts
Quote:
Hey- I ain't done yet- wait til I say I am ready to be judged - then you can win....lol...maybe- I may be able to pull the rabbit out of the hat yet- maybe...
I do like it Might be the lack of sleep and working 34hrs in the last 2 days.
Old Mar 03, 2012, 07:35 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,776 Posts
Do you guys glue the inner sleeve to the outer sleeve for the control rods?
Old Mar 03, 2012, 07:43 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,595 Posts
Quote:
Attachment 4681470

Since I can't get hold of any of them bunker busters I won't be able to touch your plane down in your basement. So I gave up an just put on my sunglass.

Per Eckace's suggestion go with the purple stripes. You can't make the color scheme any worse than it is.
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Old Mar 03, 2012, 08:11 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post

Since I can't get hold of any of them bunker busters I won't be able to touch your plane down in your basement. So I gave up an just put on my sunglass.

Per Eckace's suggestion go with the purple stripes. You can't make the color scheme any worse than it is.
Eagle thanks for having my back.

Realy though I don't know why Scott needs such a loud plane as he is the better pilot and mainly films me.

If you look at the video it is mostly Scott following me and doing a great job of keeping me in view. Mybe thats why he helped me so much in my paint scheme so my plane will look good on video.
Old Mar 03, 2012, 09:05 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3 Posts
Newbie Question

Does anyone know what the typical range is for the EZ* RTF model IE 72MHz

Secondly - I have this fear of the EZ taking off and never coming back or being able to right it after it is launched into the air. Is there a certain altitude I should take the plane to right after take off? I find I am always in a stall and crash because I don't take it high enough.

FYI I have just graduated from AIR HOGS so that is why I am hesitant to push it with the EZ......any help would be appreciated.

Raygun
raygun45 is offline Find More Posts by raygun45
Old Mar 03, 2012, 09:58 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raygun45 View Post
Does anyone know what the typical range is for the EZ* RTF model IE 72MHz

Secondly - I have this fear of the EZ taking off and never coming back or being able to right it after it is launched into the air. Is there a certain altitude I should take the plane to right after take off? I find I am always in a stall and crash because I don't take it high enough.

FYI I have just graduated from AIR HOGS so that is why I am hesitant to push it with the EZ......any help would be appreciated.

Raygun
I am not familiar with RTF TX supplied with your plane but with a decent 72mhz setup Range is darn near as far as you can see it- at least as far as you can tell which way it is going- Like I said- don't know anything about your radio but should easily be good for a half a mile

I am wondering why you are entering stall so easy- I wonder if your plane is tail heavy or you have elevator trimmed up to much- EZstar should glide nice with no power- sinking slowly.. I fly from 5 feet up to 1000ft but regularly like to stay between 50 and 500 feet-

you may want to glide test your plane with power off- just give it a little toss in the yard (level with the ground)and it should land nice and easy and gentle- if it stalls or pitches up, you have a CG(balance) or trim problem

If you could get someone to video your flight- post it here and we will try and help.
Endeavor to persevere....
Old Mar 03, 2012, 10:08 PM
Long time newbie
USA, TX, Katy
Joined Nov 2006
976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckace1 View Post
Do you guys glue the inner sleeve to the outer sleeve for the control rods?
The real trick is to not do that. They are designed to move freely.
heymak is offline Find More Posts by heymak