HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 25, 2012, 10:15 PM
I think it'll work this time!!
Chairwolf's Avatar
399 feet above Roanoke, VA
Joined Jan 2007
3,461 Posts
Yep, I flew today. EZ*? No, Wild Wing. And oh yeah, it was wild!

I figure if I can fly in this, I can fly in anything!

Chairwolf is offline Find More Posts by Chairwolf
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2012, 11:07 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairwolf View Post
Yep, I flew today. EZ*? No, Wild Wing. And oh yeah, it was wild!

I figure if I can fly in this, I can fly in anything!

That was some serious wind there

Now you just need to put some cams on so we can see some vid and mybe se your mug.

Scott forgot to mention a couple of other planes but there in pieces in his basement.
We also contacted Nascar and asked them if they would stop the race for mybe a couple of hours so we could go fly and not miss the race still waiting to hear back.
eckace1 is offline Find More Posts by eckace1
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 07:56 AM
RC Geek
Scott_NJ's Avatar
United States, NJ, Stanhope
Joined Dec 2004
813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
I generally don't look at old tail, only younger ones.
Gene, funny stuff. Eck, I used CA on mine as well, liquid nails would seem a lot heavier then needed for the task.

-Scott
Scott_NJ is offline Find More Posts by Scott_NJ
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 09:06 AM
Registered User
Eagle202's Avatar
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckace1 View Post
That was some serious wind there

Now you just need to put some cams on so we can see some vid and mybe se your mug.

Scott forgot to mention a couple of other planes but there in pieces in his basement.
We also contacted Nascar and asked them if they would stop the race for mybe a couple of hours so we could go fly and not miss the race still waiting to hear back.
You might get your wish since the weather indicates possible rain delays.

Of course you can just set up the DVR like most of us and watch it later.

Vince
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 09:19 AM
Registered User
Red Sox Territory
Joined Mar 2009
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairwolf View Post
If I remember correctly, teccer1234 successfully did a landing parachute last year and posted some really cool videos of it being deployed from a pretty good ways up.
A chute as airbrakes would def work i think. I made one big enough to land the whole plane and it worked like a charm. Just two garbage bags and some string. But if you made on a quarter size you could have a real nice airbrake for landing i bet.

The Parachute Plane!!! (3 min 18 sec)
mmmbcn is offline Find More Posts by mmmbcn
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 09:23 AM
So I'M meant to be in control?
Colonel Blink's Avatar
Ilkley, West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2008
3,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmbcn View Post
But if you made on a quarter size you could have a real nice airbrake for landing i bet.
Yes, but one that you can't retract. If you want an airbrake, I'd suggest a servo operated flat flap on the nose...... or possibly just flaps!!!
Colonel Blink is offline Find More Posts by Colonel Blink
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:17 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2011
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmbcn View Post
A chute as airbrakes would def work i think. I made one big enough to land the whole plane and it worked like a charm. Just two garbage bags and some string. But if you made on a quarter size you could have a real nice airbrake for landing i bet.

http://youtu.be/XNWO-Kgy48Y
Intresting ,can you post the closeup pic of your aircraft ????????
RC Novice is offline Find More Posts by RC Novice
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:49 AM
Gravity? No, the Earth sucks
scottdearinger's Avatar
United States, IA, Des Moines
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckace1 View Post
That was some serious wind there



Scott forgot to mention a couple of other planes but there in pieces in his basement.
.
I only mentioned the ones that could fly today- seems only fair-
and I am charging Batts and googling earth for new video scenery backdrop- we hate to fly from the same place twice-thats why i land in trees or crash into trucks so often- we launch from anywhere bigger than a postage stamp (or a ballfeild)

but some planes must have a proper field-alas the wing or the mustang needs space- I have never put a decent camera on the mustang- perhaps today?
scottdearinger is offline Find More Posts by scottdearinger
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:07 AM
Gravity? No, the Earth sucks
scottdearinger's Avatar
United States, IA, Des Moines
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
just a note of pride-or perhaps incredulity- My silly RC music video will pass 1000 views today-now I wish we had practiced more- dressed better, and restrung the guitar-
Should I edit a blooper reel?
any Ideas for my next production?

Maybe just have the girls model each plane we own? with costume changes?
scottdearinger is offline Find More Posts by scottdearinger
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:13 AM
Registered User
Eagle202's Avatar
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdearinger View Post
just a note of pride-or perhaps incredulity- My silly RC music video will pass 1000 views today-now I wish we had practiced more- dressed better, and restrung the guitar-
Should I edit a blooper reel?
any Ideas for my next production?

Maybe just have the girls model each plane we own? with costume changes?
If the music video was for fun then you shouldn't give up you day job.
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:14 AM
Gravity? No, the Earth sucks
scottdearinger's Avatar
United States, IA, Des Moines
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmbcn View Post
A chute as airbrakes would def work i think. I made one big enough to land the whole plane and it worked like a charm. Just two garbage bags and some string. But if you made on a quarter size you could have a real nice airbrake for landing i bet.

http://youtu.be/XNWO-Kgy48Y
Nice experiment- worthy!
scottdearinger is offline Find More Posts by scottdearinger
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:19 AM
Gravity? No, the Earth sucks
scottdearinger's Avatar
United States, IA, Des Moines
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
If the music video was for fun then you shouldn't give up you day job.
Don't worry- I won't give up the day job...
Since the X-factor hasn't call me like I hoped- nor The Voice...

Besides the apt. remodels pay for the planes and cameras-lol
scottdearinger is offline Find More Posts by scottdearinger
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:23 AM
Why so serious?
2500GENE's Avatar
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdearinger View Post
just a note of pride-or perhaps incredulity- My silly RC music video will pass 1000 views today-now I wish we had practiced more- dressed better, and restrung the guitar-
Should I edit a blooper reel?
any Ideas for my next production?

Maybe just have the girls model each plane we own? with costume changes?
Someone posted it on the Funny Video thread. That should have helped your view count.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2804
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:28 AM
Gravity? No, the Earth sucks
scottdearinger's Avatar
United States, IA, Des Moines
Joined Apr 2011
1,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
Someone posted it on the Funny Video thread. That should have helped your view count.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2804
I'am sure it did- and I thank them- almost half the views were from RC sites- most from this one...
scottdearinger is offline Find More Posts by scottdearinger
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 12:18 PM
RC Geek
Scott_NJ's Avatar
United States, NJ, Stanhope
Joined Dec 2004
813 Posts
Scott maybe you need a song about having multiple planes and the girls can do changes and such along the way. Sort like that Grorge Michael song where it's the same girl but dressed up different throughout the song.
Scott_NJ is offline Find More Posts by Scott_NJ
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale NIP proline tires with foams and ultra foams 48chebbie Cars - Trucks and Parts (FS/W) 0 Dec 09, 2011 04:47 PM
For Sale 1.9 Dark Soul wheels with Cobra tires and memory foams ATCH Cars - Trucks and Parts (FS/W) 0 Nov 14, 2011 06:14 PM
Discussion Different foams south.tx.dead.I Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 2 Sep 27, 2011 03:40 PM
Discussion Foams Guz Composites Fabrication 10 Apr 09, 2011 08:25 AM
Discussion Depron/Wall Foams highdesert Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 21 Mar 19, 2011 10:57 PM