HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 16, 2012, 06:22 AM
Registered User
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackyman View Post
can someone describe the contents of the windows or translate?
I would also like to see what its says. I tried a few bits on Google Translate and it was quite funny. Not worth repeating. Something about orifices

Maybe cmpang will do it for us, as I think it could be important.

Rob
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2012, 06:52 AM
It started with a red biplane
tony3di's Avatar
Joined Nov 2011
197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by randall1959 View Post
That's what confuses me I guess because my quad appears to be pretty stable set up like this.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1arOl6oAz8With gusty winds you would figure it would be a lot less controllable if the auto stability was actually turned off.I've been under the impression that if something is unchecked it's on all the time. If it's checked you can turn it on or off with a switch. Anyway, that's the understanding I have.
Im drooling by hearing you so excited . Im yet to finish my hexa with this board. I cant wait to hopefully join in the excitement.
tony3di is offline Find More Posts by tony3di
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 08:59 AM
Gravity Tester
KnimRod's Avatar
Central Michigan
Joined May 2003
1,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by randall1959 View Post
That's what confuses me I guess because my quad appears to be pretty stable set up like this. With gusty winds you would figure it would be a lot less controllable if the auto stability was actually turned off.I've been under the impression that if something is unchecked it's on all the time. If it's checked you can turn it on or off with a switch. Anyway, that's the understanding I have.
It confuses me too. I have auto stability, height lock and care free mode all on switches. But I'll be darned if I can tell the difference with any of those features switched on or off. It flies very stable regardless of the horizontal/compass calibration, switch settings or parameter settings. I've convinced myself that the height lock is not working because I'm using the red sonar board from GLB and it never seems to report a stable distance. As for the rest of it, I just don't know. I've ordered a new blue sonar board and have a new Rabbit on the way so we'll see...
KnimRod is offline Find More Posts by KnimRod
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 10:03 AM
Registered User
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony3di View Post
Im drooling by hearing you so excited . Im yet to finish my hexa with this board. I cant wait to hopefully join in the excitement.
My 2nd Rabbit should be arriving early next week and it is going straight onto my Hexa....which is waiting and ready with a XA FC, but that will come off. In fact I must still predrill some holes to cater for the larger board.

Rob
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 10:42 AM
Registered User
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnimRod View Post
It confuses me too. I have auto stability, height lock and care free mode all on switches. But I'll be darned if I can tell the difference with any of those features switched on or off. It flies very stable regardless of the horizontal/compass calibration, switch settings or parameter settings. I've convinced myself that the height lock is not working because I'm using the red sonar board from GLB and it never seems to report a stable distance. As for the rest of it, I just don't know. I've ordered a new blue sonar board and have a new Rabbit on the way so we'll see...
Auto stability, Heading Lock and Height Lock both work for me. Haven't tried anything else yet. Still on the previous FW
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 10:55 AM
Registered User
Netherlands
Joined Sep 2007
414 Posts
Still waiting for my Rabbit, but received the gps from Ebay http://www.ebay.nl/itm/180837636787?...84.m1497.l2649
This one was deliverd with a cp2102 usb to gps adapter. No manual was included and no driver cd. I found a driver for it but is there a software program to test or update the gps?
marco899 is offline Find More Posts by marco899
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 11:38 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2012
397 Posts
With that question about the gps. Could somene provide another link or suggestion where to buy a gps that would work with the Rabbit flight controller. Thanks RS
rkenosha is offline Find More Posts by rkenosha
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 12:44 PM
Gravity Tester
KnimRod's Avatar
Central Michigan
Joined May 2003
1,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
Auto stability, Heading Lock and Height Lock both work for me. Haven't tried anything else yet. Still on the previous FW
I'm stuck on firmware 1.102.. Can you tell the difference between auto-stability on (primary mode?) and off (normal/developing mode?)? I can't tell a bit of difference. The quad is stable but drifts slowly in random directions in either mode. Seems to be somewhat resistant to the wind pushing it around though.

cmpang: Any word from developers on my firmware update issue?
KnimRod is offline Find More Posts by KnimRod
Last edited by KnimRod; Mar 16, 2012 at 12:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 12:49 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2012
404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkenosha View Post
With that question about the gps. Could somene provide another link or suggestion where to buy a gps that would work with the Rabbit flight controller. Thanks RS
Gooluckbuy got a preorder goin right now, other than that they are not easy to came by right now due to a big demand in china.
vewdew is offline Find More Posts by vewdew
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 12:51 PM
Registered User
香港
Joined Sep 2004
1,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnimRod View Post
I'm stuck on firmware 1.102.. Can you tell the difference between auto-stability on (primary mode?) and off (normal/developing mode?)? I can't tell a bit of difference. The quad is stable but drifts slowly in random directions. Seems to be somewhat resistant to the wind pushing it around though.

cmpang: Any word from developers on my firmware update issue?
I asked and the developer get very confused too.. they said if you could make parameter changes from the GUI, then Rabbit's internal memory should be ok and so should be able to do the upgrade...

I would suggest you to wait for a few days more before sending back to the dealer so that I can ask them again next week...

right now they are difficult to reach as they are still concentrating on the bug fix in the new firmware...

cmPang
cmpang is offline Find More Posts by cmpang
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 12:53 PM
Registered User
香港
Joined Sep 2004
1,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by antennahead View Post
is the "battery detection line" that connects to the balance plug of the lipo only for the battery alarm? or does it have some other function? If it is only for the low voltage alarm, I would like to leave this off as my Aurora has this function built into the rx.
yes it does only for the battery alarm..
cmpang is offline Find More Posts by cmpang
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 12:57 PM
Registered User
香港
Joined Sep 2004
1,369 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnimRod View Post
It confuses me too. I have auto stability, height lock and care free mode all on switches. But I'll be darned if I can tell the difference with any of those features switched on or off. It flies very stable regardless of the horizontal/compass calibration, switch settings or parameter settings. I've convinced myself that the height lock is not working because I'm using the red sonar board from GLB and it never seems to report a stable distance. As for the rest of it, I just don't know. I've ordered a new blue sonar board and have a new Rabbit on the way so we'll see...
if you want a function to be active at all times, then just check all the boxes (L,M,H) under either CH5 or CH6..
it is best not to do it in CH7 as you may be used it for camera tilt some other time...

cmPang
cmpang is offline Find More Posts by cmpang
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 01:56 PM
Gravity Tester
KnimRod's Avatar
Central Michigan
Joined May 2003
1,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmpang View Post
if you want a function to be active at all times, then just check all the boxes (L,M,H) under either CH5 or CH6..
it is best not to do it in CH7 as you may be used it for camera tilt some other time...

cmPang
I'm pretty sure I have it programmed properly but I'm not sure what mode I want yet. It would be nice to evaluate the different modes and then decide. I can hear the Rabbit beep when I change modes, I just can't tell the difference in performance. CF mode is definitely not working. Yes, I calibrated the compass per the instructions.
KnimRod is offline Find More Posts by KnimRod
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 02:47 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Melnic's Avatar
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/rabbit-gp...ontroller.html

Says "ship 25 days after order".
I sprung for EMS shipping so at least it's not 2 months from now.
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2012, 03:06 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2012
404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnic View Post
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/rabbit-gp...ontroller.html

Says "ship 25 days after order".
I sprung for EMS shipping so at least it's not 2 months from now.
They had one on ebay about 4 days ago shipped from the US I should have grabbed it, then 2 hours later it was gone.
vewdew is offline Find More Posts by vewdew
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Free Flight FF Auto Balance Controller with 3D Acceleration Sensor For QuadCopter C team MOD Multirotor Electronics 5803 Jun 26, 2014 05:40 PM
Discussion New quadcopter frame only (compatible with KK/MK MultiCopter Controller ) udoor Multirotor Talk 23 Aug 07, 2011 12:05 PM
Sold FY90Q Flight Controller for Quadcopter - $70 shipped jpsabo Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 1 Jul 29, 2011 10:21 AM
For Sale Complete MultiWii Quadcopter Flight Controller Kit madushan2008 Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 7 Jul 26, 2011 08:58 AM
Discussion Multicopter Flight Controller Comparison Chart mbsteed Multirotor Talk 24 Jun 09, 2011 04:49 PM