Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 15, 2012, 08:53 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2004
7,056 Posts
Although it would tilt, it stayed where it was when I put the quad off level. It didn't try to maintain position. Ok, I have a 2 position switch that I want to use for alt hold and head hold at the same time. What channel on the rabbit do I plug my receiver into and what should I check on the gui? I can deal with tilt as is. I've got my tilt servo on a servo regulator anyway to slow it down.
randall1959 is offline Find More Posts by randall1959
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2012, 08:54 PM
Spain, CN
Joined Dec 2011
294 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmpang View Post
you can use CH5 and CH6 to control other settings.. it seems right now CH7 is reserved for camera tilt if you want to use it..

cmPang
Mr. Pang, thanks for confirming, IŽll try it with my new gimbal this weekend and post the results.
apejovic is online now Find More Posts by apejovic
Old Mar 15, 2012, 09:01 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2004
7,056 Posts
It appears I have alt hold and head hold assigned to CH6 now. I checked L and H on both alt hold and head hold on CH 6 in the GUI. It does appear in testing out on the sidewalk that I have those working this way. Is this the correct way of doing it? It's just an up and down switch. No middle setting.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:12 PM
香港
Joined Sep 2004
1,360 Posts
may I suggest :

1. you have the camera PTZ stabilisation always on
2. CH 5 switches the Head Lock
3. CH6 switches the Height Lock

you should connect your receivers CH5 & 6 outputs to Rabbit's CH5 & 6 Input
your Rabbit's Output CH7 & 8 connect to your camera PTZ's servos,
cmpang is offline Find More Posts by cmpang
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:17 PM
香港
Joined Sep 2004
1,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by apejovic View Post
Mr. Pang, thanks for confirming, IŽll try it with my new gimbal this weekend and post the results.
Actually I haven't try that before, just quoting the development's reply....

let us know if it really works...

cmPang
cmpang is offline Find More Posts by cmpang
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:19 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2004
7,056 Posts
I have a DX7. I need channel 5 to actuate a camera shutter. I use channel 6 to tilt the camera. The only switch I have left to operate anything is channel 7.
Am I correct in assuming that if something is unchecked like stability, it's always on? If I uncheck altitude hold, will it simply enable, once I set the throttle in a fixed position?
Right now I have alt hold and head hold on channel 6 of the rabbit and plug my servo lead from my receiver ch7 into ch6 of the rabbit. I have L and H checked and M is unchecked. I know it's working because when I fly it over my car it rises.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:31 PM
Joined Jan 2012
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnimRod View Post
I contacted GLB last night and could not be more impressed with their service. I spoke with them via Skype and they were polite, courteous and went out of their way to make sure I was happy. A new Rabbit FC board is on the way to me via DHL. I had to pay for the replacement board but it is on the way and I have a DHL tracking number. If I can ever get my current Rabbit to accept the firmware update, I'll probably keep it but otherwise, it will go back for a refund. Kudos to GLB!
the same exprience to me,their custom service is improving...
ChatXT is offline Find More Posts by ChatXT
Old Mar 16, 2012, 12:14 AM
DLG addict
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jan 2005
370 Posts
some decoys here.
hayataro is offline Find More Posts by hayataro
Old Mar 16, 2012, 12:55 AM
USA, IL, Lake Forest
Joined May 2007
1,271 Posts
is the "battery detection line" that connects to the balance plug of the lipo only for the battery alarm? or does it have some other function? If it is only for the low voltage alarm, I would like to leave this off as my Aurora has this function built into the rx.
antennahead is online now Find More Posts by antennahead
Old Mar 16, 2012, 01:59 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by randall1959 View Post
I have a DX7. I need channel 5 to actuate a camera shutter. I use channel 6 to tilt the camera. The only switch I have left to operate anything is channel 7.
Am I correct in assuming that if something is unchecked like stability, it's always on? If I uncheck altitude hold, will it simply enable, once I set the throttle in a fixed position?
Right now I have alt hold and head hold on channel 6 of the rabbit and plug my servo lead from my receiver ch7 into ch6 of the rabbit. I have L and H checked and M is unchecked. I know it's working because when I fly it over my car it rises.
If you want something to work, you have to check the box.

So at the moment, with your settings, you have no Auto stability on at all and you have Height Lock and heading lock on permanently. Do you want them on all the time? Okay, your M is unchecked so then you might as well turn Head lock off as it uses the compass (Magnetometer)

Wrt to channel 7, one can set it up so that it is a switch and can be used for anything. Either on or off.

I tend to leave my Height(Alt) lock on permanetly, however, I have found that when landing, I can land a lot easier if Height(Alt) lock is turned off.

It is raining now and it looks like this weather has set in for the next week, so my flying and testing are over.

Rob
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Mar 16, 2012, 02:01 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by antennahead View Post
is the "battery detection line" that connects to the balance plug of the lipo only for the battery alarm? or does it have some other function? If it is only for the low voltage alarm, I would like to leave this off as my Aurora has this function built into the rx.
Mine is off. I use a separate external battery alarm.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 05:28 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2004
7,056 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
If you want something to work, you have to check the box.

So at the moment, with your settings, you have no Auto stability on

Rob
That's what confuses me I guess because my quad appears to be pretty stable set up like this.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1arOl6oAz8With gusty winds you would figure it would be a lot less controllable if the auto stability was actually turned off.I've been under the impression that if something is unchecked it's on all the time. If it's checked you can turn it on or off with a switch. Anyway, that's the understanding I have.
Last edited by randall1959; Mar 16, 2012 at 06:06 AM.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 05:54 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by randall1959 View Post
That's what confuses me I guess because my quad appears to be pretty stable set up like this.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1arOl6oAz8With gusty winds you would figure it would be a lot less controllable if the auto stability was actually turned off.
As long as it works Its flying well

What motor mounts are you using from Rusty. Is it the Universal Anti-Vibration Mount? Looks good. $10 a mount is pretty steep, although, I suppose it maybe worth it.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 06:00 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2004
7,056 Posts
Yes that's the one I'm using. To be honest I was as skeptical as you about the price but after using it I'm sold. They truly should be the first step in vibration elimination. The difference in sound level is amazing. It's dropped by half so that tells me that it's not transferring vibrations to the frame anymore. You can also hear it in the onboard video. You hear a hum now instead of a roar. This should also have the effect of making bearings last longer.
Oh and in case anyone is wondering about all those spots on the pavement. Those are old spots. Last fall I bought a Subaru wagon with 209k on it and it had some oil leaking issues. I replaced the entire front seal set, along with the valve covers but it's taking forever for those oil spots to disappear. I bought it to relieve some of the shock at the pump from that red truck across the street.
Thanks for clarifying what "head lock" is. I thought it was like a head hold gyro setting. I didn't know it was tied into the compass.
Last edited by randall1959; Mar 16, 2012 at 06:07 AM.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 06:10 AM
Flying like a bird!
Saudi Arabia, Riyadh Province, Riyadh
Joined Feb 2010
252 Posts
Sure the people who made it ...can do..
atleast in word..format.if available....we would have used google translater!!

Dominic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackyman View Post
can someone describe the contents of the windows or translate?
dompower is offline Find More Posts by dompower