HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2012, 03:52 AM
Joined Jan 2012
19 Posts
Hope so.

Would you say this is a great buy? (Or would you recommend something else?)
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/ifly-4-co...ontroller.html

It has this Rabbit controller with Care Free Function. $217 including all, except radio and battery.
POS2012 is offline Find More Posts by POS2012
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2012, 03:57 AM
Trier, Germany
Joined Aug 2007
514 Posts
Looks good, the frame seems to be nearly undestroyable ;_)
(Jo)Hannes is offline Find More Posts by (Jo)Hannes
Old Jan 14, 2012, 01:17 PM
Cyprus, Limassol
Joined Feb 2008
1,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by POS2012 View Post
LOL. Yes, and that is much more fun than the AR Drone that thinks it knows what it is doing , until it hit the ground... Can not tell it to go up if it decides to lower itself... - I'm more used to planes, and my trick with new planes is always take it high the first time - because it gives me more time to think if I do an error. - (and I do). The drifting is what is a new to me with quads. Self levelling seams like a great function though :-)
Quads and Planes are not related..... The only common is the TX.
Take a quad high and you might start looking for it or you ll loose orientation. Best think is 1 meter high. Frame almmost impossible to break at this height untill you get the grip of it. MAke sure you do have some extra props though.

The FC seems a good choice will be trying the version with the baro as soon i see that all the features are working properly. Everybody can say it can do that. Question is does it actually do that?
panos2408 is offline Find More Posts by panos2408
Old Jan 14, 2012, 09:55 PM
Venice Beach, CA...the last bus stop West for any NUTZ
Joined Feb 2010
253 Posts
Anyone flying this in USA?

Hey,

If it weren't for Chinese New Year I'd buy this board tomorrow. Anyone flying this Rabbit board yet in USA or NA? Reviews? Videos?

Does it do what they say out of the box?

Cheers

John
muccy is offline Find More Posts by muccy
Old Jan 15, 2012, 08:35 AM
Joined Mar 2011
159 Posts
Rabbit - FC Software on Windows 7

Got mt board but can't get the software to install on windows 7 even though the usb2.0-Serial drivers load fine. Anyone had any luck with 7 or is it XP only.

Mike
mikehawkey is offline Find More Posts by mikehawkey
Old Jan 15, 2012, 10:17 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Works fine here on Windows 7. You need to register included mscomm32.ocx inside admin command prompt, regsvr32 etc.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 15, 2012, 11:41 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
Works fine here on Windows 7. You need to register included mscomm32.ocx inside admin command prompt, regsvr32 etc.
???????
titeuf007 is offline Find More Posts by titeuf007
Old Jan 15, 2012, 01:19 PM
Joined Mar 2011
159 Posts
Thanks thats got it all fired up. Had a few problems getting the MSCOMM32.osx to register properly but a few tweaks here and there got the GUI open. Just one question, when the GUI is open I have selected TRI settings but there doesn't appear to be anywhere were you can save the setting as the data save button at the bottom is greyed out. Appreciate the help you gave.

Mike

*** Solved the issue .. it auto saves on exit ... onward and hopefully upwards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
Last edited by mikehawkey; Jan 15, 2012 at 01:27 PM. Reason: solved the issue
Old Jan 15, 2012, 01:33 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehawkey View Post
Mike

Yes, I am accustom to the WiiConf and define statements, major difference. I am not so happy about the feedback from the senors and control but we will learn as time passes.
rimshotcopter is online now Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old Jan 15, 2012, 02:53 PM
Flying Like Evil
France, Languedoc-Roussillon, Garons
Joined Oct 2010
150 Posts
Quote:
Thanks thats got it all fired up. Had a few problems getting the MSCOMM32.osx to register properly but a few tweaks here and there got the GUI open. Just one question, when the GUI is open I have selected TRI settings but there doesn't appear to be anywhere were you can save the setting as the data save button at the bottom is greyed out. Appreciate the help you gave.

Mike

Hi
good to know that your issue is gone... mine still here. How did you manage that... could you please show me step by step... Thanks
C team MOD is offline Find More Posts by C team MOD
Old Jan 15, 2012, 03:01 PM
Joined Mar 2011
159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C team MOD View Post
Hi
good to know that your issue is gone... mine still here. How did you manage that... could you please show me step by step... Thanks
How far have you got. Have you managed to get the GUI open or are you still trying to get it to,load? That was my main problem getting the regsvr23 to register the correct file before the software would fire up. Let me know what you have done so far and I will try and help.

Mike
Old Jan 15, 2012, 03:05 PM
Flying Like Evil
France, Languedoc-Roussillon, Garons
Joined Oct 2010
150 Posts
Quote:
How far have you got. Have you managed to get the GUI open or are you still trying to get it to,load? That was my main problem getting the regsvr23 to register the correct file before the software would fire up. Let me know what you have done so far and I will try and help.

Mike
Thanks
In fact I have not been very far.... I am a MAc user, so i took my son's PC but i don't understand anything... I am a PC noob GOOD luck
C team MOD is offline Find More Posts by C team MOD
Last edited by C team MOD; Jan 15, 2012 at 06:17 PM.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 08:58 AM
Joined Mar 2011
159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C team MOD View Post
Thanks
In fact I have not been very far.... I am a MAc user, so i took my son's PC but i don't understand anything... I am a PC noob GOOD luck
The first thing you have to remember is that the software WILL NOT open unless it connected via USB to your PC.

OK the first thing you need to do is what I did wrong and which TimeCop great fully helped me out with was that you have to register a file called MCCOMM32.osx on the face of to it doesn't sound to difficult but I have to say I had to do a bit research on Google to get this to work as I got some errors trying to do the following.

This is what you should do first:

Open up a DOS window, you can do this by typing CMD in the search box under the list of applications or open it from the accessories menu.

When you have the DOS prompt window type: regsrv32 MCCOMM32.osx

If you're lucky it will register it no problem.

Lets see first how you get on with this. Hope this helps.
Mike
Old Jan 16, 2012, 09:03 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
To add to that, on real OSes (Windows vista, 7) you will need to open administrator command prompt otherwise registering will fail. Hit start, type "command", and right click->run as administrator on the Command Prompt icon that shows up.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 16, 2012, 09:11 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,692 Posts
Windows
rimshotcopter is online now Find More Posts by rimshotcopter