HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 23, 2013, 02:26 PM
Israel, Haifa
Joined Jul 2012
403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress View Post
I don't think it's that strange, as far as they are concerned the Rabbit does everything they wanted it to so they have achieved there goal.
Maybe they are working on something new, a 'fox' to chase the Rabbit away.
Interesting point, but the sales policy Openpilot for example I find most effective, they show you, what you can not have now, and that makes it most wanted.
To my rabbit flies excellent (I do not experience with other fc), but I would like to know who supports me and continuity, the apparitions as ghosts, only create distrust and speculation ....
CapBlack is offline Find More Posts by CapBlack
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2013, 03:13 PM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapBlack View Post
Interesting point, but the sales policy Openpilot for example I find most effective, they show you, what you can not have now, and that makes it most wanted.
To my rabbit flies excellent (I do not experience with other fc), but I would like to know who supports me and continuity, the apparitions as ghosts, only create distrust and speculation ....
I don't think that is OP's intention & anyway you can have any OP kit you want you just have to join the community & contribute.

LF have given a good 12 months support & got the Rabbit to a place where it now does everything it was designed to & well, that is allot more support than some FC's get & anyway what more support do you want on an FC that already "flies excellent"?
If you are that paranoid that its causes you "distrust and speculation" then my advice would be sell your Rabbit & get another FC.
nebstress is offline Find More Posts by nebstress
Old Feb 23, 2013, 03:39 PM
Israel, Haifa
Joined Jul 2012
403 Posts
Quote:
I don't think that is OP's intention & anyway you can have any OP kit you want you just have to join the community & contribute.

LF have given a good 12 months support & got the Rabbit to a place where it now does everything it was designed to & well, that is allot more support than some FC's get & anyway what more support do you want on an FC that already "flies excellent"?
If you are that paranoid that its causes you "distrust and speculation" then my advice would be sell your Rabbit & get another FC.
well I hope to be wrong and a little paranoid sell the rabbit, never! i wont to buy one more, flies beautifully, and all the problems I've had have been mine or construction errors but a more stable PH , more reliable RTH, would not be bad a and ch8 fix
Old Feb 23, 2013, 03:55 PM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapBlack View Post
a more stable PH , more reliable RTH, would not be bad a and ch8 fix
Position Hold has always been very stable with all my Rabbits, its really down to setup of both FC & copter that determines how well PH will work.

It would be great to have a more reliable RTH, we can always hope that LF still check in occasionally & are/will take a look at it
Old Mar 01, 2013, 12:27 PM
Israel, Haifa
Joined Jul 2012
403 Posts
Rabbit @ home living room

Rabbit @ home living room (0 min 0 sec)

I check news prop
Old Mar 02, 2013, 09:44 AM
Joined Jan 2010
10 Posts
Hi to All,
having read all posts (yes 558 ! ) and building my first quad ask for clarification on the following points
1. Ultrsonic sensor - conection to FC .. Tx/Tx & Rx/RX or Tx/Rx & Rx/Tx

2. GPS Unit - conection to FC .. Tx/Tx & Rx/RX or Tx/Rx & Rx/Tx

Any Advice Appreciated
jebrightman is offline Find More Posts by jebrightman
Old Mar 02, 2013, 09:47 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jebrightman View Post
Hi to All,
having read all posts (yes 558 ! ) and building my first quad ask for clarification on the following points
1. Ultrsonic sensor - conection to FC .. Tx/Tx & Rx/RX or Tx/Rx & Rx/Tx

2. GPS Unit - conection to FC .. Tx/Tx & Rx/RX or Tx/Rx & Rx/Tx

Any Advice Appreciated
Its always TX to RX & RX to TX!

TX=Transmit data
RX=Receive data

Sonar uses; ECHO, TRIG, VCC(5V) & GND

ECHO to ECHO
TRIG to TRIG
VCC to 5V
GND to GND
Old Mar 02, 2013, 01:17 PM
Joined Jan 2010
10 Posts
Quote:

TX=Transmit data
RX=Receive data

Sonar uses; ECHO, TRIG, VCC(5V) & GND

ECHO to ECHO
TRIG to TRIG
VCC to 5V
GND to GND
many thanks for the clarification, will now carry on with the build .... it has been very interesting reading and hope further development will continue
jebrightman is offline Find More Posts by jebrightman
Old Mar 02, 2013, 01:59 PM
Australia
Joined May 2011
560 Posts
Quote:
Now nebstress, you know that some earlier Rabbits that were released had this the wrong way around. Mine is still this way. It won't work if you hook it up the correct way!
I think but if you bought a new Rabbit board in the last year or so, then it is the right way, TX-RX, RX-TX
Soupbones is offline Find More Posts by Soupbones
Old Mar 02, 2013, 04:29 PM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupbones View Post
Now nebstress, you know that some earlier Rabbits that were released had this the wrong way around. Mine is still this way. It won't work if you hook it up the correct way!
I think but if you bought a new Rabbit board in the last year or so, then it is the right way, TX-RX, RX-TX
I think you will find its still 'hooked up' the correct way otherwise it wouldn't work
Its just the silk screening that's incorrect
Old Mar 04, 2013, 04:37 PM
Joined Jul 2012
1 Posts
GUI display cannot fit on my PC screen

Just installed Rabbit pctools. But the GUI is bigger then pc screen, I cannot see some rows at the bottom. Please help.
efren.yamar is offline Find More Posts by efren.yamar
Old Mar 04, 2013, 04:44 PM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efren.yamar View Post
Just installed Rabbit pctools. But the GUI is bigger then pc screen, I cannot see some rows at the bottom. Please help.
Buy a new computer
Old Mar 04, 2013, 05:01 PM
United States, OR, Blodgett
Joined Apr 2011
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efren.yamar View Post
Change the screen resolution if you can.
Jerry
Jerry Campbell is online now Find More Posts by Jerry Campbell
Old Mar 05, 2013, 12:30 AM
Australia, VIC, Hampton Park
Joined Feb 2011
753 Posts
Scroll down...
Fugbucker is offline Find More Posts by Fugbucker
Old Mar 05, 2013, 01:52 PM
Australia
Joined May 2011
560 Posts
Quote:
I think you will find its still 'hooked up' the correct way otherwise it wouldn't work
Its just the silk screening that's incorrect
Electrically yes. I had a friend who had a Rabbit, and his was correct in that the RX went to TX and the TX went to RX. This was the pin were marked exactly the same as mine, yet mine would only work when you hooked them the wrong way around according to the markings.
I suspect more then just bad silk screen print on the board.
Soupbones is offline Find More Posts by Soupbones