HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:06 AM
United Kingdom, England, Manchester
Joined Apr 2005
898 Posts
Thanks for the info Patricklupo. I have only recently finished installing the Rabbit in the new frame,with new motors and have only flown it indoors at present (without the GPS).

Nebstress - I have read ALL the posts (do I get a medal for it? ) but it made my brain hurt as there appeared to be conflicting information and most were not relating to the latest firmware. It is nice to get some recent 'real world' experiences before I fly it outside.

Richard
p.s. no offence taken
Bearded Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Bearded Flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:01 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearded Flyer View Post
Nebstress - I have read ALL the posts (do I get a medal for it? ) but it made my brain hurt as there appeared to be conflicting information and most were not relating to the latest firmware. It is nice to get some recent 'real world' experiences before I fly it outside.

Richard
p.s. no offence taken
No offense meant Richard & yes I think you do deserve a medal for reading through the whole of this thread:

& maybe some aspirin too
nebstress is offline Find More Posts by nebstress
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:27 AM
Israel, Haifa
Joined Jul 2012
354 Posts
Hello nebstress, I think as we await news from China, could order a OPEN PILOT , the question is they have 2 models CC3D, and REVOLUTION, the model revo seems more appropriate, you think the same?
CapBlack is online now Find More Posts by CapBlack
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:53 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapBlack View Post
Hello nebstress, I think as we await news from China, could order a OPEN PILOT , the question is they have 2 models CC3D, and REVOLUTION, the model revo seems more appropriate, you think the same?
It depends what you want & how long you are prepared to wait, the REVO will be great when the firmware is finished & OP do a general release but that wont be for a while.
As I am sure you have worked out already the CC3D doesn't have GPS functions or Baro & Compass so is just a basic real flyers FC. The REVO will have all the functions the Rabbit does plus eventually Waypoint, full AP, etc.

Unfortunately OP don't (& wont) have any CC3D's for sale either but you can get a Drotek CC3D, basically exactly the same, uses the same firmware & GCS just not supported by OP.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:15 PM
Israel, Haifa
Joined Jul 2012
354 Posts
I understand, I really wanted something more like the rabbit, so I was inclined to the revo and am interested in having open software
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:15 PM
Australia
Joined May 2011
556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress View Post
It depends what you want & how long you are prepared to wait, the REVO will be great when the firmware is finished & OP do a general release but that wont be for a while.
As I am sure you have worked out already the CC3D doesn't have GPS functions or Baro & Compass so is just a basic real flyers FC. The REVO will have all the functions the Rabbit does plus eventually Waypoint, full AP, etc.

Unfortunately OP don't (& wont) have any CC3D's for sale either but you can get a Drotek CC3D, basically exactly the same, uses the same firmware & GCS just not supported by OP.
Actually while not directly supported by OP hardware wise, the Dortek CC3D is approved by OP. The hardware is supported by the manufacturer, which is this case is Dortek, but the firmware is all OP and approved for use on this clone board by the OP people.
Soupbones is offline Find More Posts by Soupbones
Old Feb 19, 2013, 03:44 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupbones View Post
Actually while not directly supported by OP hardware wise, the Dortek CC3D is approved by OP. The hardware is supported by the manufacturer, which is this case is Dortek, but the firmware is all OP and approved for use on this clone board by the OP people.
I guess that's why on the Drotek site it states:

Quote:
Those boards are not genuine CC3D, they are produced by Drotek with Openpilot team agreement.

Though there does seem to have been quite a few issues with some of the Drotek CC3D's the support from Jerome at Drotek is reportedly very good.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 03:47 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Anyway, China is getting back to work after the New Year Celebrations & I think its time this thread got back on topic
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:56 PM
Israel, Haifa
Joined Jul 2012
354 Posts
Quote:
Anyway, China is getting back to work after the New Year Celebrations & I think its time this thread got back on topic
Yes I agree,to begin Ican could say, here we are bla bla bla .....
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:42 AM
Italy, Apulia, Taranto
Joined Oct 2012
32 Posts
Datalink wirless for Rabbit FC

Hello.
Is There a wireless data link that you can attach to the USB port of the Rabbit, so you can keep under control the parameters during the flight?
If there is, it is technically possible?
Thanks

--------------------------------------
G.A.T.
Gruppo Aeromodellistico Tarantino (Italy)
www.gat-taranto.org
birrozza is offline Find More Posts by birrozza
Old Feb 22, 2013, 01:08 PM
Israel, Haifa
Joined Jul 2012
354 Posts
[QUOTE=birrozza;24216127]Hello.
Is There a wireless data link that you can attach to the USB port of the Rabbit, so you can keep under control the parameters during the flight?
If there is, it is technically possible?
Thanks

there is not, you would have to connect a host and is expensive and complicated software, but at some point I thought about hanging a controller to pins 3 & 4 of the CH340 usb controller, but also the work put into the software will not be easy, LF team could do this as fast , for example to pass data to one or remzibi minimosd osd etc etc
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:28 PM
Israel, Haifa
Joined Jul 2012
354 Posts
at least I found this, http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale/...ontroller.html
Old Feb 23, 2013, 03:59 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
No LoveFlight though
Old Feb 23, 2013, 08:23 AM
Israel, Haifa
Joined Jul 2012
354 Posts
Quote:
No LoveFlight though
yes, strange that silence of Love Flight team
Old Feb 23, 2013, 08:29 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
yes, strange that silence of Love Flight team
I don't think it's that strange, as far as they are concerned the Rabbit does everything they wanted it to so they have achieved there goal.
Maybe they are working on something new, a 'fox' to chase the Rabbit away.