SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 04, 2013, 03:19 AM
Joined Aug 2004
318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by patricklupo View Post
Hey Max,

When it happens for me, PH & RTH start acting like their gain has been cranked up to 100 and begin swerving around and overshooting. Most of the time my Rabbit is well behaved. Last 3 flights were fine for example. Next time I may try a quick battery swap to see if I can get it to happen on cue. Then power off and wait several minutes to see if it goes away.
Hi

Do you observe your rabbit has an intention to drift to a particular direction?

The rabbit will be carry away by air stream if this happen turn around 180 of your rabbit to see if your rabbit still being carry away with the same direction, it it is not, then your horizontal calibration is off.

If your horizontal calibration is off signification, it could affect the quality of PH & RTH, I seen that before.

Formosa
Formosa is offline Find More Posts by Formosa
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2013, 04:07 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEAGRON View Post
So every time the GPS has a clean flight with no old memory in it,Marty.
That seems like a good idea but in reality is really a waste of time.
nebstress is offline Find More Posts by nebstress
Old Feb 04, 2013, 04:23 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2010
794 Posts
I understand what your saying but will perservere with it untill I get a couple of wayward flights,will let you know,Marty.
NEAGRON is offline Find More Posts by NEAGRON
Old Feb 04, 2013, 08:35 PM
Joined Jan 2012
397 Posts
Changing Subject to Actual Question about Rabbit fc & UBEC

I have an x8 configuraton. Would like to use ubec to power board and servos. If all 8 motor pins are used where do you plug in ubec? Thanks rkenosha
rkenosha is offline Find More Posts by rkenosha
Old Feb 04, 2013, 09:34 PM
on the edge
United States, IL, Peoria
Joined Jul 2012
185 Posts
If you are disconnecting all of the red wires from your ESCs you can power up the board through the positive and negative connections of the 8 channel inputs. I just tried it with a spare Rabbit that I have.
franke is offline Find More Posts by franke
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:53 AM
North Ossetia - Alania
Joined Apr 2012
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkenosha View Post
I have an x8 configuraton. Would like to use ubec to power board and servos. If all 8 motor pins are used where do you plug in ubec? Thanks rkenosha
Connect ubeс side contacts the receiver.
ua6jhm is offline Find More Posts by ua6jhm
Old Feb 09, 2013, 03:00 PM
North Ossetia - Alania
Joined Apr 2012
110 Posts
As they say in Russia, if the silence that dead cop?
ua6jhm is offline Find More Posts by ua6jhm
Old Feb 09, 2013, 03:54 PM
Israel, Haifa
Joined Jul 2012
403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ua6jhm View Post
As they say in Russia, if the silence that dead cop?
I do not think, everyone expects something from China, as "Rabbit is alive here is v1.240" or something.

really is a mystery what happens to LF team.

Anyway, the good thing is that you do not read many complaints as before
CapBlack is offline Find More Posts by CapBlack
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:39 AM
Joined Sep 2012
4 Posts
Best FW as of the moment??

Hey guys. I have not flown my rabbit for a while cause the weather has been crap. I have however been wanting to update the FW and was just wondering what you all are having the best luck with. First time I have been back to the forum in a while and is going to take me a lot of time to go through so I figured I would just ask. Still love this board and is one of the best flying!! Think I am running 209 or 211 FW as of now, cant remember. Thanks for the help! TAPII
Easymoney is offline Find More Posts by Easymoney
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:35 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easymoney View Post
Hey guys. I have not flown my rabbit for a while cause the weather has been crap. I have however been wanting to update the FW and was just wondering what you all are having the best luck with. First time I have been back to the forum in a while and is going to take me a lot of time to go through so I figured I would just ask. Still love this board and is one of the best flying!! Think I am running 209 or 211 FW as of now, cant remember. Thanks for the help! TAPII
Hi Easymoney, the best firmware is the latest one; 1.230
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:41 AM
Joined Jun 2012
271 Posts
When can we read the english manual for 1230?
vili is offline Find More Posts by vili
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:57 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vili View Post
When can we read the english manual for 1230?
When you un-zip the 1.230 firmware folder & double click on the PDF that's named "The Rabbit Flight Controller 's User Manual(English)"
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:28 AM
Deutschland, RP, Hillscheid
Joined Nov 2010
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress View Post
When you un-zip the 1.230 firmware folder & double click on the PDF that's named "The Rabbit Flight Controller 's User Manual(English)"
and if you do so, you can see english manual wasn't updated since V1.208....
Elo WW is offline Find More Posts by Elo WW
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:45 AM
on the edge
United States, IL, Peoria
Joined Jul 2012
185 Posts
There is a text file in the folder named "What is the new in V1230.txt" that shows what has changed.

1. The time for compass calibrating is 60 second

2. Even if you have not done horizontal calibration,You can unlock the Rabbit.

3. Add the new function: Gimmbal control mod : knob mod & stick mod

4. More safe when calibrating
franke is offline Find More Posts by franke
Old Feb 11, 2013, 12:25 PM
Madisonville, Ky, USA
Joined Nov 2009
63 Posts
I have had several Rabbit FC's on several multirotors and have an observation. My last Rabbit was on a spider quad and mounted on the top in the clear from other structures and GPS and other functions seemed to work OK. I moved the FC/motors/ESC's to a 450 flamewheel quad on the bottom level and GPS functions did not work. The LF GUI showed GPS fix and compass
and baro and sonar function as normal ,but nothing worked well except stabilize flight. I moved it all back to the spider quad with devices more separated by distance and now working again. Maybe the Rabbit is sensitive to magnetic fields ? Component placement effects performance. That may be why some have good luck with the Rabbit and others do not.
hamradioflyer is offline Find More Posts by hamradioflyer