Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:03 PM
Joined May 2006
813 Posts
My Rabbits are still awesome

My Rabbit powered multicopters are still doing well. Smooth, solid, and FUN.

My only complaint about these damn rabbits is the following: Despite sleeping in close proximity to one another in the "hangar" they refuse to multiply.

Keep up the good work LF.

By the way has anyone had good experience with the PTZ on the Rabbit? Can one plug servos directly into 7 and 8, or should a UBEC be used to power servos?
Kenpilot is offline Find More Posts by Kenpilot
Last edited by Kenpilot; Feb 01, 2013 at 08:14 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:43 PM
United States, MN, St Cloud
Joined Jan 2012
475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenpilot View Post
My Rabbit powered multicopters are still doing well. Smooth, solid, and FUN.

My only complaint about these damn rabbits is the following: Despite sleeping in close proximity to one another in the "hangar" they refuse to multiply.

Keep up the good work LF.

By the way has anyone had good experience with the PTZ on the Rabbit? Can one plug servos directly into 7 and 8, or should a UBEC be used to power servos?
You have to power the servo's seperatly and it's not bad for gimbal control
richkphoto is offline Find More Posts by richkphoto
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:30 PM
AutoQuad OS developer
near Ithaca, NY, US
Joined Aug 2004
943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenpilot View Post
LOL! Obviously a defect in the firmware.

Quote:
Happy Year of the Snake ICAN & LoveFlight, thank you for bringing us the Rabbit & for all your support over the last year.
+1!

-Max
maximal is offline Find More Posts by maximal
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:57 AM
Israel, Haifa
Joined Jul 2012
344 Posts
I can not complain, the rabbit is giving me many hours of flying experience, still has many things to fix but for the price I do not think another FC, ​​can win.
LF hopefully, continue with the project!

Quadcopter Rabbit LF position hold over Haifa (8 min 54 sec)

Here is a video with very stable AH PH
CapBlack is offline Find More Posts by CapBlack
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:50 AM
North Ossetia - Alania
Joined Apr 2012
110 Posts
Rabbits are very good, and who swears that it just could not make it tasty.
ua6jhm is offline Find More Posts by ua6jhm
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:52 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2010
700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamron View Post
Omg, You guys are to much. I can see some of you are trying to bait the people that like the rabbit. I hope your having fun, and you know who you are. I will say that the Rabbit is the easiest to set up and the smoothest FC I have seen. Yes, all the toys that serious fliers never use, have glitches here and there, but good luck setting up some other FC that takes some knowledge. Next thing I guess you want is LF to come to your house and fly the thing for ya too. Updates, why, the thing flies great!!
Hi tamron,I agree the rabbit is a very good controller,as you say easy to set up,flies great 99% of the times ,then just has a mad moment,the rabbit only needs some fine fetling by LF to make it as good or not better than the Naza,I for sure have had a lot of great flights and will continue to fly my rabbit,Marty.
NEAGRON is offline Find More Posts by NEAGRON
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:59 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2009
1,360 Posts
Anyone experiencing these by chance?

-The copter always turns (yaw) slowly whenever I engage both heading hold and RTH. HH by itself works great and so does RTH by itself. It's a minor issue but I wonder if anyone else has the same problem?

-RTH and PH usually works great now that I'm using the RCTimer UBlox GPS sensor. But every once in a while just those 2 modes stop working properly and go back to randomly swerving all over the place when engaged. Regular flying, care free, heading hold & altitude hold always work fine no matter what. It happens maybe 1 out of every 8 flights but when it does, it's does for the entire flight. Anyone experience this?

Again though, not looking for newbie troubleshooting advice here...Just whether these have happened to anyone else?

For those who may inevitably ask if I did the compass calibration. Yes, 1000 times already / Care free mode works absolutely flawlessly / all 360 degrees / 100% of the time. If either of the above was magnetometer related then please explain how CF mode can work perfectly all the time, yet RTH & PH not some of the time.
patricklupo is offline Find More Posts by patricklupo
Last edited by patricklupo; Feb 02, 2013 at 03:57 AM.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:51 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2009
1,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress View Post
The Rabbit is never going to do everything that Aduflyer & YS-X6 do because they are different beasts, if you want AP & Waypoints then you buy a different flight controller that has those functions.
I agree, Rabbit's never going to do everything those FC's can. We've been waiting for LoveFlight to implement the motor shutdown features found in YS-X6 for months and haven't seen squat.
patricklupo is offline Find More Posts by patricklupo
Last edited by patricklupo; Feb 02, 2013 at 03:58 AM.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:01 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by patricklupo View Post
Anyone experiencing these by chance?

-The copter always turns (yaw) slowly whenever I engage both heading hold and RTH. HH by itself works great and so does RTH by itself. It's a minor issue but I wonder if anyone else has the same problem?

-RTH and PH usually works great now that I'm using the RCTimer UBlox GPS sensor. But every once in a while just those 2 modes stop working properly and go back to randomly swerving all over the place when engaged. Regular flying, care free, heading hold & altitude hold always work fine no matter what. It happens maybe 1 out of every 8 flights but when it does, it's does for the entire flight. Anyone experience this?

Again though, not looking for newbie troubleshooting advice here...Just whether these have happened to anyone else?

For those who may inevitably ask if I did the compass calibration. Yes, 1000 times already / Care free mode works absolutely flawlessly / all 360 degrees / 100% of the time. If either of the above was magnetometer related then please explain how CF mode can work perfectly all the time, yet RTH & PH not some of the time.
Yaw issue; Headlock?

I have never had a problem with PH but do experience similar with RTH about once every 5 to 10 uses, it would be great if the reliability of RTH could be improved but I think it is most likely going to be due to poor sat lock sometimes due to not giving enough time before arming, activating during/straight after erratic flight, etc.
nebstress is online now Find More Posts by nebstress
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:34 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2010
700 Posts
yes that would be grate if LF could just fix the wee niggles,im sure it does not require much to improve RTH,Marty
NEAGRON is offline Find More Posts by NEAGRON
Last edited by NEAGRON; Feb 02, 2013 at 06:52 AM.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 01:47 PM
Australia
Joined May 2011
549 Posts
The Rabbit does fly really well. But I agree, the RTH doesn't work every time. Take it from a person who lost a Rabbit quad for two months before it was found, don't trust the RTH.
I use mine now for just fun LOS flying.
Soupbones is offline Find More Posts by Soupbones
Old Feb 02, 2013, 03:41 PM
AutoQuad OS developer
near Ithaca, NY, US
Joined Aug 2004
943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupbones View Post
Take it from a person who lost a Rabbit quad for two months before it was found
You ended up finding that one? Nice!

You could probably mention that it happened with an old firmware version, with the original GPS Rx...

-Max
maximal is offline Find More Posts by maximal
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:40 PM
Canada, ON, Barrie
Joined Jan 2009
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupbones View Post
The Rabbit does fly really well. But I agree, the RTH doesn't work every time. Take it from a person who lost a Rabbit quad for two months before it was found, don't trust the RTH.
I use mine now for just fun LOS flying.
I use mine for FPV. I don't think I could ever trust any FC doing PH or RTH with the goggles on. Your situation though, when you hit RTH was an emergency and it was to bad it failed you when you really needed it! Really glad you found it man!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximal View Post
You ended up finding that one? Nice!

You could probably mention that it happened with an old firmware version, with the original GPS Rx...

-Max
I'm still using 211, it flies to good to switch.
tamron is offline Find More Posts by tamron
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:57 PM
Canada, ON, Barrie
Joined Jan 2009
179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapBlack View Post
I can not complain, the rabbit is giving me many hours of flying experience, still has many things to fix but for the price I do not think another FC, ​​can win.
LF hopefully, continue with the project!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcdqbYzN5JY

Here is a video with very stable AH PH
Great video!! Very stable and smooth. Hope to see more vids soon!!
tamron is offline Find More Posts by tamron
Last edited by tamron; Feb 02, 2013 at 05:04 PM.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:33 PM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamron View Post
I use mine for FPV. I don't think I could ever trust any FC doing PH or RTH with the goggles on. Your situation though, when you hit RTH was an emergency and it was to bad it failed you when you really needed it! Really glad you found it man!!

I'm still using 211, it flies to good to switch.
As you don't use PH & RTH there is no need to update but if you want everything to work perfectly then updating to the latest release is the way to go
nebstress is online now Find More Posts by nebstress