HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 04, 2013, 12:29 PM
United States, GA, Barnesville
Joined Feb 2009
15 Posts
Hi guys, I'm kinda new to quads and i am having trouble with my rabbit. I don't know if i have something hooked up wrong or what. I have a spektrum receiver and have it hooked up to the board with throttle 3 wire and the rest just signal..When i start the board up it does its check but the remote light never comes on and stays in start up mode till i move the left stick. Then it goes into breath mode but when i move the left stick to the left or any direction it will not come out of breath mode. So basically i cant activate the board and i dont know why. I have looked for two days now for help on forums and other places and nothing helps. Any and all help would be appreciated
Crusher1 is offline Find More Posts by Crusher1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2013, 12:41 PM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
The "remote" LED doing that is perfectly normal, it wont come on until it detects a signal from the TX.

To arm the motors (mode 2); once in Breathing mode you have to hold the right aileron stick full left for 3 or 4 seconds.

Mode 2 = Throttle on Left
Mode 1 = Throttle on Right
nebstress is offline Find More Posts by nebstress
Last edited by nebstress; Jan 04, 2013 at 12:48 PM.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 12:47 PM
Joined Feb 2009
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress View Post
The "remote" LED doing that is perfectly normal, it wont come on until it detects a signal from the TX.

To arm the motors (mode 2); once in Breathing mode you have to hold the right aileron stick full left for 3 or 4 seconds.
Ok let me try that now.... Nope nothing... Held the right aileron stick in several different direction for that long and longer and nothing
Old Jan 04, 2013, 01:28 PM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher1 View Post
Ok let me try that now.... Nope nothing... Held the right aileron stick in several different direction for that long and longer and nothing
Have you checked that all your channels are moving in the right directions & that they have the correct endpoints using the GUI?

Have you run the Level Calibration?
Old Jan 04, 2013, 01:32 PM
Joined Feb 2009
15 Posts
Quote:
Have you checked that all your channels are moving in the right directions using the GUI?
No i haven't done that let me see if i can figure out how to do that... Sorry i dont know much about quads.... No havent ran level calibration....I dont see the level calibration in the directions. All i see is the compass and horizontal
Last edited by Crusher1; Jan 04, 2013 at 01:51 PM.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 01:54 PM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
No i haven't done that let me see if i can figure out how to do that... Sorry i dont know much about quads.... No havent ran level calibration....I dont see the level calibration in the directions. All i see is the compass and horizontal
Its called "Horizontal Calibration", I have attached a manual that I but together last year.

Horizontal, Compass & Bat...

Its also important that you have checked the channel directions & endpoints & made corrections if necessary.
Last edited by nebstress; Jul 18, 2013 at 11:58 AM.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 01:57 PM
Joined Feb 2009
15 Posts
Quote:
Its called "Horizontal Calibration", I have attached a manual that I but together last year.

Attachment 5421191
thanks looking at it now.... did as you suggested but it did nothing stays in breathing mode...What are endpoints??? why when i turn the throttle stick to the left it turns off the light on the board???
Last edited by Crusher1; Jan 04, 2013 at 02:21 PM.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:22 PM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2010
769 Posts
Can some one say what the healthy number should be with motor's running but no props on them,your's,Marty.
NEAGRON is offline Find More Posts by NEAGRON
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:23 PM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
thanks looking at it now.... did as you suggested but it did nothing stays in breathing mode...What are endpoints???
So you have done the Horizontal Calibration, checked the GUI & all channel directions & endpoints are correct & it still wont arm??
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:24 PM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEAGRON View Post
Can some one say what the healthy number should be with motor's running but no props on them,your's,Marty.
It doesn't matter, its what it reads when running with the Props on that counts. It should be as low as possible!
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:35 PM
Joined Feb 2009
15 Posts
Quote:
So you have done the Horizontal Calibration, checked the GUI & all channel directions & endpoints are correct & it still wont arm??
Yes but im not sure what endpoints are?? Sorry don't mean to be a pain just dont have that much knowledge on this stuff
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:40 PM
Joined Feb 2009
15 Posts
Rabbit FC trouble (2 min 36 sec)
posted a you tube vid
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:44 PM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2010
769 Posts
Thank you Nebstress,Marty.
NEAGRON is offline Find More Posts by NEAGRON
Old Jan 04, 2013, 03:35 PM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Crusher1, firstly ALWAYS turn the radio on FIRST & off LAST!!!!!!

In the GUI in "Custom Monitor" - "Display Data" section you can see all the channels from your radio.
Each channels effective range should be between 1000 & 2000 so the middle is about 1500.

To check for correct channel direction; for "Throttle" & "Elevator" Stick down is small number (around 1000) & Stick up is large number (around 2000).
For "Aileron" & "Rudder" Stick Left is small number (around 1000) & Stick Right is large number (around 2000).
If any of your channels are not correct you need to reverse those channels in your radio.

Your Throttle channels lowest number (when stick down) should be between 1020 & 1090, if it isn't you need to change it in your radio either using your Trim buttons or in the settings.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 04:28 PM
Netherlands
Joined Dec 2010
309 Posts
Have you programmed dual rate?
Turn that off and try to arm when in breathing mode
wippo76 is offline Find More Posts by wippo76